Thread: Serenity Island AI city plots? Layouts? Prices?

Serenity Island AI city plots? Layouts? Prices?

We really need to get a good look (via plot layouts here in the forums, or on Testlive) at what the city plots available on Serenity Island will look like, and what they will cost; and this needs to be available a fair amount of time before the conversion/merge. Many orgs will have to determine if they want to move up to a more expensive plot than they currently have to fit desired buildings and we need time to evaluate this prior to the merge date.

Also would be nice to clarify the returned buildings and voucher policy details. Is the voucher for the exact amount our open-world AI city plot originally cost, or some stock amount, or an amount designed to allow affording the smallest Serenity Island plot? Do we get back exactly the buildings we had on the open-world plot(including Saunas), or a set of all buildings, or what?
    Last edited by Dagget; Nov 8th, 2012 at 00:25:42.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

A prior monthly Lindelu / director's update said we would all get a packet of "all the buildings we could imagine" ... hopefully that is still the case and our imagination would include the sauna, all ql 300 bldgs and/or multiple ql's including 300, etc., etc., etc.

I don't recall any mention of the amount of the voucher ...

Kinnik

I've been hoping to get an official confirmation, particularly on the Sauna part because dammit I helped to farm that thing and I'll be damned if I'm going to let my org lose it

So far it's a bit vague and seems to imply everyone gets everything and maybe at a selection of QLs to pick and choose from, but that's all speculation.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Getting a chance to try out the new org city plots on Testlive would be helpful. Once the server merge happens, changing your mine after you pick an org plot and build will be expensive to redo.

and upkeep

Any confirmation if new cities will have same upkeep as old city's?

Also, are all the currently instanced cities going to get the same treatment(removed and buildings and voucher given to Org Pres), allowing those Orgs a fresh, penalty-free opportunity to consider a new city plot size on Serenity Islands?
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Also, are all the currently instanced cities going to get the same treatment(removed and buildings and voucher given to Org Pres), allowing those Orgs a fresh, penalty-free opportunity to consider a new city plot size on Serenity Islands?
    Yes ... my understanding is ALL cities will have to be rebuilt and ALL org leaders with an old city will get the voucher and package of "ALL the bldgs you could imagine". I do not recall the thread or threads that stated this ... perhaps it was a monthly update.

Kinnik

It would be nice to get the details now so we can plan and organize. Or I missed something?
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

My expectation is that we'll all lose our city and have to farm new ql300 buildings. And that new plots are going to be twice as expensive as the old ones, as well as unable to fit a large HQ.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    My expectation is that we'll all lose our city and have to farm new ql300 buildings. And that new plots are going to be twice as expensive as the old ones, as well as unable to fit a large HQ.
    I got here a perfect set of Omni-Buildings just 1B. Feel free to contact after merge!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I might be interested in that offer Eka.
    But i am not looking forward to Masta's expectations. Costs / farming not really an issue, but not fitting a large HQ? come on....

/Khrys
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Expect the worst, always and be positively surprised when it wasn't all bad
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Its definitely gonna suck at first having to rebuild, but after its all figured out, only active cities will be around. AO is also going to attract its members from the past that quit to come back for sure.

Oki, it's not Serenity island, but for those not on test server yet, here's screenshots of the footprints.

http://forums.u-h-s.org/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1115
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen