Thread: add remember password for accounts

add remember password for accounts

This is anoying me more then anything lately when you have a few bank toons and paid accounts its fairly time consuming to type passwords in everytime esspecialy when they're all completely different.
    220 Shade "Dominating"
    164 Enforcer "Solutions"

Was removed for security, forever annoying those of us who have the preference of keeping our system secure and using randomly generated passwords. It would be nice if a feature to enable the remember password option by editing a configuration file or something.

Until then, I posed my workaround to this over at AO Devs over 5 years ago:
    17.5 Password Save Thing
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    This is anoying me more then anything lately when you have a few bank toons and paid accounts its fairly time consuming to type passwords in everytime esspecialy when they're all completely different.
    Store your details in Keepass, and just copy the password that's needed for each session.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

good info thanks, still unaware of why they removed it entirely why couldn't they just have the option of saving that usernames pass..
    220 Shade "Dominating"
    164 Enforcer "Solutions"

Because security. I can't recall a game in recent time that has had a "save my password" option.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I gotta admit that I started to remember my AO account passwords much more easily after "remember password" option was removed for security. Relying too much on option that "remembers" your passwords only makes you to forget them more easily. Writing them manually each time helps.
    Mizufluffy (220/30/??) MA # Hopeasaukko (216/27/??) NT # Mustarotta (100/10/28) Crat
    Mustarotta's Foreman (Biomare) Service for Hire (unavailable)
    Some of my froobs on RK2: Neuzoire, Denzyr, Hinami, Hinachan, Zetblanc, Dalanope, Chenin, Reandway (I'm more active on characters with yellow name)

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Because security. I can't recall a game in recent time that has had a "save my password" option.
    At least World of Tanks got the option. Also some EA games, such as Mass Effect and Dragon age, do remember the EA account without asking for password each time, not even having an option. Not sure if those save password or authenticate some other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeasaukko View Post
    I gotta admit that I started to remember my AO account passwords much more easily after "remember password" option was removed for security. Relying too much on option that "remembers" your passwords only makes you to forget them more easily. Writing them manually each time helps.
    When they removed the option, I changed my account passwords to something easier to remember. Now I've password manager to remember my FC master password, and game passwords are still something easy...
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

I don't understand the security issues with this... Browsers remember user passwords, I don't see why a game client couldn't... or am I missing something ?
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade