Thread: [RK2] IRRK Freelance: Can the Armed Forces keep us safe

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK2] IRRK Freelance: Can the Armed Forces keep us safe

Can the Armed Forces keep us safe
    October 9th, 29486 - A concerned citizen [Rimor]

Why does Omni-Tek fiddle while Rome burns?

Every day the citizens and denizens of Rubi-Ka live in fear that at a moment’s notice the ever present threat of the alien invaders will descend upon them.
    Will they be abducted? Will they be slain?
    Or will the businesses which they have spent a lifetime building be razed in the chaos that follows an alien ground invasion?

Why must the Citizens of Rubi-Ka live with this ever present fear?
    The answer, my friends, is simple: Bureaucratic sanctions imposed on the Omni-Tek Armed Forces by the Interstellar Confederation of Corporations (ICC).
    In December of 29478 Omni-Tek petitioned the ICC and pleaded for the ability to reinforce Rubi-Ka with additional Armed Forces assets.
    The ICC rejected the petition, indicating that it was “Not Warranted.”
    Here we stand, eight years later, and not only is the threat still ever-present but it is observably growing stronger.
    By the IRRK’s own report a massive alien invasion force was detected with eight days of lead-time.
    This invasion force was able to penetrate Rubi-Ka’s planetary defenses and establish a powerful and sizable base, as the OTPC reported.

How could this have happened?
    Is it because the Omni-Tek Naval Forces are incompetent?
    No, if that were the case Rubi-Ka would not have been able to repel the bulk of the invasion forces for eight years.
    The answer is that they are becoming overwhelmed.
    Much like a wasteland prowler tests an energy fence for weaknesses the alien invaders are beginning to discover just how much our stunted defense are able to repel and attempting to push just beyond that.

If attacks of this nature continue it will not take long before a hole is punched in our front lines.
    And, as any military tactician will tell you, a divided line of defense will ensure the fall of Rubi-Ka and a second alien naval blockade.
    We, the citizens and denizens of Rubi-Ka, must unite and with one voice demand that the ICC lift the restrictions on Omni-Tek’s military power deployed to Rubi-Ka, for without it we are surely doomed.

-A concerned citizen
    Last edited by Pheats; Oct 9th, 2012 at 18:05:24.

I agree fully. We must strengthen our military presence on Rubi-Ka. And take over the orbital stations to protect from external enemy. Those terrorist don't care about safety of our regular employees. Once who can't protect themselves from this menace...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I, as a member of Omni-Tek Armed Forces, also agree with the need of less restrictions from the ICC. Surely even the Clans can see the need to defend our fair planet for the good of all its inhabitants. A stronger military presence on Rubi-Ka would mean a stronger, safer world for us all.
    Omni-AF

I wholeheartdly agree! This is something i feel should be discussed again.

Although not my particular field or my department; it is something i can mention at a board meeting.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter