Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: No more clicksaver/item assistant?

Ok, I think i have a version using Detours working... just using a NULL 2nd parameter atm, though I may use Xyphos' code later... I'll try and get a cleaned up folder zipped up and uploaded for tomorrow.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Yeah, I'd figured that much out... am going to look at using Detours, which is what AOIA uses (which is still working just fine). Your code will be useful though... simply changing the second parameter of FindWindow to NULL seemed to get somewhere, but I'm sure this is a more robust solution.
    I am not a programmer like you guys, but while my aoia comes up and searches, etc. it seems to be getting "out of touch" ... not sure how esle to explain it, maybe not always updating?

Also I noticed the 2 new social items added as desert rider loot do not appear on my toons that have looted them from the left-over fanatic bodies. There may be other items not showing up, but those are the two I noticed.

Thanks so very much for working on this.

Kinnik

You have let AOIA update it's item database? Maybe best to delete the aoitems.db file and then start AOIA to let it recreate it? Not had any issues with AOIA here...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

Hmmm ... I haven't stopped it from updating, at least not on purpose. Perhaps I am an un-informed user.

Thanks, I will try and let it update.

Kinnik

Delete the aoites.db file and let it recreate it in case it has become messed up somehow. Doesn't take long and unlike CS, you don't even need to be out of AO

Delete the aoites.db file and let it recreate it in case it has become messed up somehow. Doesn't take long and unlike CS, you don't even need to be out of AO
    Before I start deleting the wrong things ... my AOIA has 2 database files.

aoitems date last modified 2/15/2012 (Now it says 6/24/2012) and
    ItemAssistant date last modified 6/24/2012

I don't have one called aoites.db which might just be a typo, but would prefer to ask first.

Thanks,

Kinnik

Edit: I closed my AOIA and then reopened it ... I was behind on updates, so I think it may be fixed now. I guess Febuary was the last patch ...

Thanks for your help ...

ps I am using 1.0.1.488 if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Jun 25th, 2012 at 00:22:26.

The aoitems one is what you want to delete. I had the same problem you did, and deleting that and letting it rebuild fixed it.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Uragon View Post
    Unfortunately this doesn't look like an easy fix. Changing the "AO locating method" only seems to not be doing the trick alone. In fact, AO simply crashes when CS tries to hook into it. Sorry, but I doubt I can fix this with the amount of time I can invest in it at this point. This will need someone to look deeper into what else might have changed internally in AO.
    I would use Mission Buddy except it does not display full item names. You have to hoover your cursor over it. I have not found a way make the screen or columns larger to over come this. I mostly find this an issue with Nano Crystals. Another minor issue, when I switch from Mission Buddy to Clicksaver, I have to reboot my PC. Mission Buddy leaves something that prevents clicksaver from displaying mission details. I do not have this problem when switching from Clicksaver to Mission Buddy.

I currently use Kimi's clicksaver because of the option to specific QL for items so when I switch mission settings to another QL, they are ignored. I see Kimi is working on a new release.

Until clicksaver is fixed from AO Universe or Kimi, I guess I might be using Mission Buddy.

I'm waiting on AOU getting back, but wanted them to test what I'd changed before making it available, just in case

theres malware/virus in mishbuddy exe. Removing it removes program too...

Quote Originally Posted by korvaoo View Post
    Cite your source, please.
    Friends help you move.
    Real friends help you move
    bodies.

Su****ious:W32/Malware.87a6a0!Online
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MMOToolbox\Mishbuddy\Mishbuddy.exe

And what software would be responsible for this analysis?
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Some random virus scanner with a heuristic check set for maximum.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

i use now mishbuddy and there i sno virus
    but i wait for a new click saver
    i dont want to give money for mishbuddy,
    sure u can use it without but u cant do all without spending money
    CS cost no meny and u can do all with
    It´s posible to find Typos ! but u can have all of them !

If anyone is feeling adventurous meantime... the exe and hook DLL are here and the full source etc here.

Just replace ClickSaver.exe and AOHook.dll with these versions... hopefully AOU will have something up soon too, but any feedback (ie, does it work for you?) welcome!

If anyone is feeling adventurous meantime... the exe and hook DLL are here and the full source etc here.
    Might want to use $(SolutionDir)\$(Configuration)\Detours.lib for the AOHook path in the project, at least if sharing the project... less need to fix "wth" things =p

Guess I'll see what it does on me when I get bored again =p
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

@Darkbane tried the new exe/hook and it's working here. Rolled a couple of nanos manually and auto both ways worked

Cool, Uragon should have an official version up on AOU fairly soon, and he'll fix up any of my bodges so it should compile better

And special thanks to Adjuster for having used Detours in AOIA and having made it GPL so I could borrow and modify his code

Quote Originally Posted by korvaoo View Post
    There's one in every bunch isn't there.

You look at the comments section of a lot of downloads out there and some yahoo is yelling "It's a virus omg!!"

Get a real virus scanner, not some pos that finds itself as a virus (seen that happen).
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast