Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Add cash option to Dailies

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Gear>>>>credits for leveling players, makign the gear nodrop essentially removes the commerse from the equation, thereby alleviateing the need for credits in the first place.
    except for every person that gets free stuff that's another person not buying someone else's stuff so it most certainly doesn't remove commerce from the equation.

Nodrops can die in a fire, that's why I can't be bothered making a new toon.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    except for every person that gets free stuff that's another person not buying someone else's stuff so it most certainly doesn't remove commerce from the equation.
    >not buying
    >doesn't remove commerce

Probably not directly, but honestly I don't think one less person not buying gear will affect the market that heavily. Even a handful or more wouldn't really.

Alright well it would affect the market, but it wouldn't break it. Basically we'd just be adopting a different system that would work for the veterans who have money and can buy gear from people selling it, but at the same time you have the handouts from the game that are of course of lesser power, but adequate enough to where the newer/poorer players aren't qq'ing at the fact that they haven't been around for years and thus believe that can't make enough money to even support themselves. If you want to grind your butt off for money, I believe it should be for more personal pursuits, not ones that everybody else is undertaking all at the same time because they have to to even play in the first place.
    Otaku - Teh Main!!! - 220 Fixer (Needs money)
    Dochelm - Teh Healer!!! - Doctor (WTB ADO HECK TEAM PST)
    Nikkiibenz - Teh Pr0nstar!!! - Soldier (Bein' sexy)
    Notyourtank - Teh TotW Beast!!! - Keeper (Needs moar money)
    ~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    I see a slight problem with people wearing Xan armor on top of their Xan implants and their Xan belt and Xan NCUs while toting around their Xan weapon(s)...

I generally agree on giving more credits as reward in missions but not that much that would allow people to just do dailies. If you want items that are "leveling" per se i would prefer to "explore" AO world on getting them (collect pieces from random mobs to make a piece of armor for example) then farming over and over solo-instanced locations to get that piece of armor or 2m credz more so i can just buy it.
    What i liked in AO was that at the beginning, the sense of accomplishment, some work to get the good armor and then the joy of wearing it. I dont like wow style prize system, make quest and choose x y z reward based on profession/level etc etc.
    If the aim is to make everything you get in game easy like in wow that has ridiculous economy then i would feel i would loose the sense of accomplishment, at the start i would feel yeah this is great and then i would quit playing after a month like i did in AoC.

I witnessed some good improvements in AO (i made a break of almost 3 years) which allow players to level with dailies, getting tokens is a piece of cake now, farming points for ofab too...
    Dunno if AO continues down this road what would happen in long term. I prefer games that make you socialize and give you the option to do solo stuff (depends on time to play and moods) rather then have you channeled down one easy path for a set objective.
    People will always adapt to the quickest/less time consuming option to get what they want and will eliminate to repeat every other experience they previously had to reach that set objective thus limiting their own choice. Eventually when even that becomes hard(read boring) they will push the limit again.

Bump for what Mcknucklesamwich suggests in general, not creds but other incentives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12