Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: If I were the Game Director for a day..

If I were the Game Director for a day..

.. I'd fix the Antiques n' Such in bore so that when I run out I'm facing away from the door not looking at it!

(Datch's idea here)

PS. Feel free to add more "If I were.."

ya, bump
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

…I'd get whoever fixes the door to Antiques & Such to also fix the store so it doesn't behave like an outdoor environment and rain inside. While they're at it, they can correct whatever it is that causes the texture tearing and artifacts there, too.
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

Funcom employee

I'd boss Macrosun around all day long! \o/
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

I'd make Ely Hecks cast Beast aoe nuke.

I'd get someone to fix it so when I morph the lights don't go out.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

I'd pull the plug.

I'd have them remodel the grid.
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

i'd delete the troll pistol >.<

I'd increase leadbot droprate.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

I would:

1-Change pricing of the game. 5$ a month, 28$ for 6 months and 50$ a year.
    2-Make the whole game free to play. Create special shops for "citizens"(paid players) selling cheap backpacks, yalms, recall beacons, cool social gear, etc. Froobs wold have to do long and boring quests for the items or buy them from the item shop with RL money.
    3-Review some RK weapons and armors to make them usefull at least in RK.
    4-Increase the ql of items on RK missions to be between the mission level and +20 with a few ocasional pieces being 50+ ql.
    5-Create shops in the major cities selling items up to ql 200.
    6-Create single player missions for the alien mothership. Easy to hard. And make team missions real team missions again. With better rewards for extra difficulty and teaming.
    7-Review all existing dungeon bosses and level lock the dungeons to the proper levels.
    8-Make Hecklers run when grey to toon shooting at them and lowering level of Ely hecklers.
    9-Remove all outside boss mobs from the game. Make the stuff drop from random mobs.
    10-Remove dual-logging.
    11-Remove ql of gemstones and small ingots and make each one have a fixed shop price. Tradeskills with those items adjusted to reflect this. Also add bounties to all alien playfields. With a LOT of moderation in the drop rates.
    12-Create a new default server with these changes while leaving existing servers unaltered. With the promise of closing down the least populated server after one year. Allow existing PAID players to create new toons on the new server with the same name of their previous toons.

Now ask me what I would do if I where game boss for a week. ;p

Now ask me what I would do if I where game boss for a week. ;p

Lol

I would remove daily missions
    I would change BS into a tier system 2-7
    I would remove xp rewards from Inferno missions, for anyone under 205
    Remove troa'lar pistol

I would stop pretending Xan instances were endgame raid content. I would keep my mouth shut until I had something substantial to show, having understood not keeping my word make me look like a titt.

Oh and yeah I would bloody well stop trying to make AO be like WoW. Having seen the attempts at making AO a singleplayer game has not brought in the "younger demographic" Only effect having been veterans leaving.

That is all, time for tea
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    I would:

1-Change pricing of the game. 5$ a month, 28$ for 6 months and 50$ a year.
    2-Make the whole game free to play.
    Impressive
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

If i was GD for a day? Well, it wouldn't allow for much bigger projects, but I'd see if we could get a programmer to work on buying directly from GMS and begin to phase out city shops to turn it into an Auction House system.

As for a smaller project, I'd probably rewrite the description for the Lost Eden procs. It's something that has always bugged me that could probably get done in a day.
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

I would convert the items shop so most nodrop items would be either
    (A) buyable with Phasefront points
    or
    (B) account-wide
    Because Race Yalm

I would make every day naked day
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

I'd mirror noob island so when people ran to the left, they'd get pwned by a large snake.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    Ban Lazy
    I rolled an MP!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast