Thread: how to remove fn lock on laptop's

how to remove fn lock on laptop's

this is the solution to remove Fn lock on latops. i seen many had issues with this so i desided to post it here so all can see.

becose i understand its a boring thing when you cant use f1 f2 f3 etc keys becose it required you to also hold down fn.

lock the Fn key in the sense that you will use the function keys(F1,F2,F3...............)+FN key combinations without using the FN key then the simple way of locking the FN key is boot into the bios using F10 key on startup that is used on most hp laptops then in the bios screen select the option system configuration. under system configuration you will find something as action mode keys and make it enabled then save the changes and then exit the bios screen. hope the issue will be resolved on restart to unlock get into bios screen and disable action mode keys

this is retarded simple.. bios is not always on f10 but maybe on f1 or f5 aswell when you restart.

so enter bios, then system config, you see it stand action mode keys.. disable it and save. if you want it back later just enter bios agein and activate.

also when you disable it in Bios the happy news is!! you then just press Num lock and you activate it or disable it <3
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Mar 29th, 2012 at 12:16:45.

Or you could rebind those keys to somewhere else?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Just buy a keyboard for it

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Or you could rebind those keys to somewhere else?
    why rebind if you can disable in bios and activate it and disabled it with num lock after? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernat View Post
    Just buy a keyboard for it
    I'll second this.
    is so much easy to type with proper keyboard. there are several keyboards designed for laptops and notebooks starting from 15€.
    i had to buy one of those cheap wireless even while i don't have a laptop :P
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Unless your a Japanese midget, I don't get how anyone can play MMO's on laptops in the first place.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your a Japanese midget
    beware, i just got infraction point for stereotypical comment.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Unless your a Japanese midget, I don't get how anyone can play MMO's on laptops in the first place.
    I have a huge 5kg gaming laptop with two graphics cards, two HDDs etc etc. Full size normal keyboard too
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Is that what goes for what is called a laptop now? Might as well just get a miniATX format desktop.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

i've pvp'd on a netbook without a mouse for years just fine. l2p.

Is that what goes for what is called a laptop now? Might as well just get a miniATX format desktop.
    Atleast it has a top.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Is that what goes for what is called a laptop now?
    Yes, but if you have it on your lap in overclocked mode you fry your family jewels.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!