Thread: Blocking NCU against ninja bufers ...

Blocking NCU against ninja bufers ...

It happened to me as I am sure it happened to you...

Maybe sometime I'm happy with GSF in ncu and I don't want 120 evades ... I just need the RS.
    Maybe sometime I have NCU enough to i-mongo, but someone has filled it with some useless IC.
    Maybe sometime I keep NCU for a wrangle ... but you filled it with some useless HnQ (I don't need healing - I'm twinking !)

My ideea is that every toon should be able to block his NCU agains ninja bufing.

What do YOU think about that ?

Kind regards

Agree

Maybe sometime my cost is capped with -cost+range nano, but some nt feels the need to buff my nt with IOR.. I lose range and NCU, gain nothing.

Tough to implement effectively though.. if it were just 'can't receive any osb at all' I would never use it, and suffer deleting nanos I didn't want, cause there are certainly good buffs too ;p

I guess have some kind of blacklist that you can add individual nanos to

Just make it a checkmark in your settings that lets you turn off buffing or not. when the box is checked noone can buff you anything...and when unchecked they are free to fill your ncu.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    Just make it a checkmark in your settings that lets you turn off buffing or not. when the box is checked noone can buff you anything...and when unchecked they are free to fill your ncu.
    what about Aura´s and Team Buff´s ?

In addition to a tick in settings/F10, maybe put the same/synchronized under the 'i' sub-menu of that window (just like the "show slot name over equipment" tick for the armor tab)

Quote Originally Posted by Togusa View Post
    what about Aura´s and Team Buff´s ?
    Would 3 settings do it or that'd be too much? Locked, Team only, Free.

Would there even be a logical need for "no-self" too? (as in the other 3, you can always buff yourself)

What about machines (ex: implants) and perks?

I support the idea but I'm not sure how to adress all the possibilities.

As much as I appreciate OSBs, I welcome the option to not receive unsolicited buffs. When I'm in Sabretooth morph, I need NCU left open for Blur of Claws and Lick Wounds. It never fails that when I need those abilities, some well-intentioned team mate or passer-by ate my NCU.
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

As a soldier I can only agree.. an easy way to kill me is to make sure I can't cast AMS .. cause of too many useless buffs.

would help against people overwriting CI with a useless moocham
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I'm glad ppl agreed and I hope that FC devs will read and get it rolling.

Keep them coming guys. Tell us more !

I don't remember where I read it, but I do recall someone suggesting an interesting idea to this. You could add a silder bad (like AGG/DEF bar) to the NCU window. This bar would denote how much NCU can be used by others. Quick example: you have exactly 1000 NCU. Your self buffs take about, say, 350 NCU. Now say you have an emergency nano, which takes 60 NCU. 350 + 60 = 410. 1000 - 410 = 590. You could set your slider to allow, AT MOST, 590 of your NCU filled by OUTSIDE (other profession) buffs. And the nice thing about this idea, is its just a sliding bar, if you're hanging around your org spot, and getting repeatedly ninja buffed, you can just push the scroll bar all the way to 0 NCU usable for outside buffs.

It also avoids the rather extreme "disable all buffing" option, which is not something I would enjoy. Buffs from others are nice, and make things simpler. If I had to toggle that option every single time I wanted to get buffed, I would go insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Collodion View Post
    I'll create a viral video to raise money to fight the evil hard water ring stains in toilet bowls. I'll raise millions to arm and equip thousands of Tidy Bowl Men. They will put up a good fight, but ultimately will lose the war. But at least I'll get a new car and a nice house with new toilet bowls out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    that helm helps so damn much for tl 4 and tl 5 twinks becose of the torturing.

Belligerence, I like that idea alot.

+1 /signed

Well that does adress the issue of not being able to use emergency defences. But not the issue of people overriding your own buffs. (RS vs evades, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Seoin View Post
    Well that does adress the issue of not being able to use emergency defences. But not the issue of people overriding your own buffs. (RS vs evades, etc)
    Just put NCU usage by others to 0 after you've gotten the buffs you want
    Quote Originally Posted by Collodion View Post
    I'll create a viral video to raise money to fight the evil hard water ring stains in toilet bowls. I'll raise millions to arm and equip thousands of Tidy Bowl Men. They will put up a good fight, but ultimately will lose the war. But at least I'll get a new car and a nice house with new toilet bowls out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    that helm helps so damn much for tl 4 and tl 5 twinks becose of the torturing.

Good idea, but something like this you would really want it to be quick to enable/disable, with the current status readily visible.

I imagine something like a little clickable padlock icon on the NCU window, and have the window itself change colour depending on its status (i.e., green = unlocked, red = locked). This way you could tell at a glance if your NCU is locked down and could toggle between modes with a single click.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

mongos and tms should reserve the NCU on first cast with long duration friendly nanoprogram thats same line, NCU and stacking order than nano you want to use.
    When you cast the nano second time, it overrides the placeholder and when it ends, new placeholder appears.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Maybe something like a firewall mechanic is needed. Your NCU window has a list of all known beneficial nanos and a check box next to the name. There you can check or uncheck the box to allow it access.

Sounds like it would be a nice idea for a belt upgrade.