Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player Owned Shops

Player Owned Shops

Despite the fact there are hundreds of more important things AO needs, POS, or Player Owned Shops would be great!

However, these are simply, your toon, standing in one spot, and can either set up a little stall, after a 10-15 second delay or simply double click to trade. Both ideas involve a little bit of text above the toon with " Selling Stims 10/500k " or something like that.

Could mean toons could hangoutside Subway to sell to new players, at cheap prices, or around Bore Grid to sell some high demand weapons.

Whatever the case, would increase trade due to not having to travel all the way to someone's city for an item.

They're a great idea, and always work well.

YOU CAN AFK AND MAKE MONEYZ!

i would like it more if you could buy stuff from the gms terminal directly maybe with a 1-5% tax

"Could mean toons could hangoutside Subway to sell to new players, at cheap prices, or around Bore Grid to sell some high demand weapons."

I liked that part!

Quote Originally Posted by Mertia View Post
    i would like it more if you could buy stuff from the gms terminal directly maybe with a 1-5% tax
    This. It's like twenty thousand years in the future, why are we still buying and selling like its the 1800s?
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

I'm sorry but after seeing how badly this feature was abused in Aion, I simply cannot believe that it would be a good thing for AO. Unless you actually want an army of sales bots spamming vicinity...

They wouldn't chat into OOC or Vicinity, it would be above their head. And would be just like a little board above their head, that wasn't real time.

@ Equil' - Join Date 2011.

Last edited by MajorOutage; Mar 7th, 2012 at 09:40:14.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    ROFLOL!!!!! The only thing missing was that zone message that teleports you into limbo when a zone has exceeded its max number of players. (used to happen a lot at NW towers back in the day)
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

i thought POS was an acronym for "piece of something".
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Yikes! What game is that from?

Doh! Nevermind, it was right there in the file name.

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    i thought POS was an acronym for "piece of something".
    Actually, in my line of work, it stands for "Point Of Sale", which describes a cash register or other device through which one conducts sales transactions. That definition syncs nicely with the usage the OP is describing here.
    Last edited by Polaria; Mar 8th, 2012 at 02:26:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaria View Post
    Actually, in my line of work, it stands for "Point Of Sale", which describes a cash register or other device through which one conducts sales transactions. That definition syncs nicely with the usage the OP is describing here.
    Please mate with me and create beings if perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaria View Post
    Yikes! What game is that from?

Doh! Nevermind, it was right there in the file name.
    Perfect World.

That's not even the densest I remember seeing. And it was like that EVERYWHERE inside major cities.
    Because Race Yalm

This would be really cool. What if you registered your booth with the GMS (for some %tax?) and then people would search GMS and it would return coords for the location of your booth.

Luckily, AO isnt that populated(lol wut?) so I dont think we have to worry about mass lag from shoptoons. If it was a paid-only thing (to set up a booth), and required your toon to stay put and logged in, I think we would see less spam (I dont remember the mechanics behind shopping booths in PWI)

Alternatively, add spots in current shops (like fair trade) where players can set up booths, set a cap, and let players change GS. Or have a transport terminal in markets that would take you to a player market (you can choose GS from a dropdown). This zone would be full of booths with people selling things (asheron's call had something similar).

We could just have a lame auction house system, but I like the idea of an entrepreneur setting up a booth in borealis between FT and basic. It creates a much more immersive atmosphere than the current shopping system.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

TBH Those kinds of booths only make sense to people who want to sell to froobs.

What they should do regardless is revamp GMS so you can pay for the items right there and they get mailed to you. Then there's no reason not to allow shop buildings in instanced cities.
    Because Race Yalm

Let me add, GMS gives you locations to cities that could be far far away!
    Not everyone can afford a Yalm.

Also, my dream is to have spots of, lets say OA, where you'd go because there's a regular POS that stocks Imps for Engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by BottingWorks View Post
    Those are usually the cheapest items!!! Besides you can always contact shop owner and arrange trade, or ask someone to get it for you.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Not everyone can afford a Yalm.

Also, my dream is to have spots of, lets say OA, where you'd go because there's a regular POS that stocks Imps for Engineers.
    While at it, make items stackable in player shops that normally dont stack, as NPC stores do.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Those are usually the cheapest items!!! Besides you can always contact shop owner and arrange trade, or ask someone to get it for you.
    So much time and effort, can't I just be on my way to Bore' and see a POS near the grid advertising that Eng nano I had been looking for, purchase it on the spot and continue on my way?

Stackables, oh god, MONSTER PARTS SHOULD STACK! So should so many other things in this game.

Funcom, I'm on my way to your HQ this year, we're going to sit down and buff AO with some gangster ideas.

Okay?

They wouldn't chat into OOC or Vicinity, it would be above their head. And would be just like a little board above their head, that wasn't real time.

@ Equil' - Join Date 2011.
    @ Bottingworks - Join Date: Feb 2012

Whats your point?
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA