Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again!

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    SL xp is currently one of the selling point point of expansion but you know what ? Lets have something more even, RK mobs should be better but outdoor (non hecks) SL mobs too.
    yup. I have always agreed with +RK xp
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    I'll bump this, but only if they increase the hardness of RK mobs along with it. Sometimes I get lazy and don't upgrade equipment on my paid characters and then still go tear my way through tough RK solo mishes like a hot wax through buttery milk. The XP would be way too easy otherwise.
    But RK is an froob friendly area, and it is meant for froobs to be able to handle it. High mobs in team missions is already hard enough, making them harder would turn people off because of the high fail ratio. As a paid character you are supposed to kill RK content easier, wether you are not decently geared or not. I suppose your char still had alot better gear than a froob would, plus the perks and better nanos.

OT: Bump for upping the XP on rk, and by that i mean make many mobs have equal balance of XP, so that there will be less 'cookie-cutting' lvling style.

Agree
    Zukio - 220/30 Engineer | AndyMcNab - 220/30 Soldier | Gringo - 220/30 Soldier | Zukapow - 220/30 Martial Artist | Zalak - 220/30 Fixer | Zucrat - 220/30 Bureaucrat | Doczuk - 220/30 Doctor | Raymearz - 220/30 Adventurer | Zukain - 220/30 Enforcer | Zukshade - 220/30 Shade | Zaylia - 200/30 Trader | Zukie - 150/20 Trader |

I always find insane that a green mob in SL, at low level, will give capped XP (or even capped XP+ some research) when a red mob in RK will give half a cap or something.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I say keep it at least 10 to 25% below Shadow-Lands XP range, but give all RK mobs an increase that way that people will still want to buy SL to get better Xp, but giving XP to the RK mobs will increase the player base in my opinion cause then it wouldn't be such a pain to level else where
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Honestly, I dont think the XP is what really attracts froobs onto going paid. It is the further content and gear that attracts them. The xp is just a bonus.

bamp
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    Honestly, I dont think the XP is what really attracts froobs onto going paid. It is the further content and gear that attracts them. The xp is just a bonus.
    agreed
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

bamp
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    Yeah, when I first subscribed, the XP wasn't really a factor compared to perks, "requires <expansion>" items and new content
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Bump for as much as double RK mob and mission XP rewards without increase in difficulty, or something perhaps more elegant, like double for level 200 content, scaling smoothly back down to just how it is now as the lower levels are approached. (And then for the 250-275ish mobs one could roll in missions, increase it more; this gives level 220 folks a reason to run RK missions.) Double might sound like a lot, but twice a paltry sum is not that much, and leveling when you're over 100 is pretty miserable as it is, and it only gets worse.

No difficulty increases, though. That'll upset the balance. No, people do not need to "work harder" for their XP. It's enough grind as it is without having to spend more time gaining better gear to be able to kill green mobs. This whole thing is about getting THROUGH all the boring crap faster, to get through the dead zones where there's nobody else to play with you, etc.

Get rid of the distinction between "XP" and "shadowknowledge." XP moves the yellow bar up, period. This isn't only a matter of keeping RK populated, but of giving players more choice.

And, as some people have pointed out, who cares if froobs benefit? The fact that people turn into greedy children when it's mentioned that "oh noes the froobs might eat the crumbs out of the bottom of my toaster" is very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    SL xp is currently one of the selling point point of expansion
    The problem with this line of thinking is that the SL expansion has been out for eight years now and in spite of any incentive it may be perceived to offer people to subscribe, it has not been enough to prevent the population from plummeting to an all-time low. The chances of this changing get even more remote the older the game gets.

To use a metaphor, the horse has gotten tired of chasing the same tired old carrot and the cart has slowed to a crawl. Want to get it moving again? You need to offer it a better incentive, perhaps a larger carrot, maybe even something different, like an apple.

Stop trying to monetize the various expansions. All they have done is fragment the player base and they have not been much of an incentive for people to subscribe. Roll everything into the base game. Allow people to play for free until 200 but require a subscription in order to get to 220. If you think this is too much to "give away" to froobs, then consider the likely alternatives. None of them are pretty.

* This post isn't a response to what you said Bolt, so much as it just a jumping off point for my own rant

Actually I might be changing my mind on this...

Currently, leveling is something we must do carefully. If we let ourselves level too fast, we risk gimping our toons, and it becomes difficult. While there is money to be made in SL, a lot of the money making opportunities exist on RK, especially with the AI expansion. So if we want to make RK matter, I suggest that money making opportunities are added. There are already quite a bit. Defining RK as the "money making" zone will make it matter. You will have to play on RK to make money, that would be the idea anyway....
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post

Currently, leveling is something we must do carefully. If we let ourselves level too fast, we risk gimping our toons, and it becomes difficult. While there is money to be made in SL, a lot of the money making opportunities exist on RK, especially with the AI expansion. So if we want to make RK matter, I suggest that money making opportunities are added. There are already quite a bit. Defining RK as the "money making" zone will make it matter. You will have to play on RK to make money, that would be the idea anyway....
    I don't see why all zones (RK/SL/AI etc) can't have both xp and phatz..

Quote Originally Posted by Seoin View Post
    I don't see why all zones (RK/SL/AI etc) can't have both xp and phatz..
    noone said they cant. They just dont, and thats not necessarily the wrong way.
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post

I personally feel that RK should be the defacto leveling zone but that can only happen if the rewards are upgraded to be meaningful and desirable. Too much of AO's content offers a single worthwhile reward: XP and so there is little reason for anyone to care about anything but the stuff that gives the better XP reward (e.g. the SL).

I honestly do not believe that they will ever do anything to make RK a viable leveling area again as they seem to care only about the endgame, which is conveniently tied to an expansion they are still trying to use as a enticement to get people to subscribe.

/signed

In a special part sign.

miles of unused zones, miles of unused terra for a dungeon or something like that so much possible parts ^^

Lets do something.
    In memory of
    Niesa, Shadow01, Sabertouth, Luhr, Lupus, Cyberacid...

IMO it was a terrible idea to make an alternate set of 1-200 zones in the first place.
    SL could have easily been just Penumbra and Inferno (maybe with some of Scheol's flavour thrown in), for levels 180/190-220. All the effort spent making redundant zones could have then been put towards making the new SL zones richer in content and giving RK a much needed fleshing-out.

Too late for that now of course, but whatever.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    IMO it was a terrible idea to make an alternate set of 1-200 zones in the first place.
    God forbid the game have choices, or a big world to explore. They had a big team back then I guess, so I don't see it as a waste.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast