Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trader's God Mode 1-160

Quote Originally Posted by Coolerd View Post
    this is not Trader's Online its Anarchy Online.
    could've fooled me

"roll another trader" is not the answer. unless you're just being funny about it, you've missed the point. all of pre 100 pvp is dictated by 1 or 2 classes, that is completely absurd. there's a real problem with this, and you can see the results reflected in the loss of interest in this level range. it's not Notum Wars, it's Enfotrader Wars.

if the problem was JUST drains, it would still be devastating, but it's not, Traders have more ncu, more alpha power, better weapons, more AR, more of everything that it takes to win at low levels, and really, ncu is everything, even ignoring the drains. the only option other than trader is Enfo, due mainly to more run speed, more NR, more AR. nothing can touch or come close to matching these 2 professions. you do realize there are 12 others, right?
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Quote Originally Posted by Frubaliscious View Post
    "roll another trader" is not the answer. unless you're just being funny about it, you've missed the point. all of pre 100 pvp is dictated by 1 or 2 classes, that is completely absurd. there's a real problem with this, and you can see the results reflected in the loss of interest in this level range. it's not Notum Wars, it's Enfotrader Wars.

if the problem was JUST drains, it would still be devastating, but it's not, Traders have more ncu, more alpha power, better weapons, more AR, more of everything that it takes to win at low levels, and really, ncu is everything, even ignoring the drains. the only option other than trader is Enfo, due mainly to more run speed, more NR, more AR. nothing can touch or come close to matching these 2 professions. you do realize there are 12 others, right?
    Isnt there similar whine with 220 pvp? Advs and enfos being OP? Man, if only there was something being done to create balance. :/
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post
    Isnt there similar whine with 220 pvp? Advs and enfos being OP? Man, if only there was something being done to create balance. :/
    I'd have to disagree. 220 is a cosmos away in balance from pre 100 pvp. endgame just about every profession is a viable option v other professions, this does not mean you'll survive, but you have a much much higher % chance. you also have the prerogative to gear accordingly for a fight endgame to increase your chance, where as twinks, esp. those such low level rarely have the ability to change anything at all about a setup.

I don't see "balance" ever happening in the way it's been suggested in the balance documents. I do think there's a chance that each profession could be looked at individually and changed according to it's strengths and weaknesses. Balance as promoted in the docs, all at once, I think will end up in a mess with many professions being completely unplayable pending patch upon patch to amend the destruction.

show us the end result of balancing, take it one step at a time, open test server to everyone, even free players, give "real" incentives on Live for us to go there, and by all means, make the transition to test, and bug reporting much more inviting than it is currently, then maybe we'll have a chance.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐

Yeah Traders are annoying..but nowhere near as annoying as idiots using something that *might* happen *sometime* in the future as an excuse not to fix broken stuff now. Seriously, that s**t is getting real old now.

, open test server to everyone, even free players, give "real" incentives on Live for us to go there, and by all means, make the transition to test, and bug reporting much more inviting than it is currently.
    Become a tester
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    no, u. I am a tester

and what's the link got anything to do with what i said? it's a horrible procedure to set up for testing, and even bug reporting is confusing for anyone new. there's no immediate incentive that effects our live game, and there's no other reason to do it besides knowing that you're helping out, and let's be real about it, how many people would do it just for that? it's a time consuming task with no return for your efforts, this is how most people see it.

even bug reporting is confusing for anyone new. there's no immediate incentive that effects our live game, and there's no other reason to do it besides knowing that you're helping out, and let's be real about it, how many people would do it just for that? it's a time consuming task with no return for your efforts, this is how most people see it.
    I would have agreed until they introduced it, but the report a bug forum seems to solve all that, at least when they get whatever rewards system they mentioned going. Assuming the new person trying to report a bug has found the forums

I'd have to disagree. 220 is a cosmos away in balance from pre 100 pvp. endgame just about every profession is a viable option v other professions, this does not mean you'll survive, but you have a much much higher % chance. you also have the prerogative to gear accordingly for a fight endgame to increase your chance, where as twinks, esp. those such low level rarely have the ability to change anything at all about a setup.

I don't see "balance" ever happening in the way it's been suggested in the balance documents. I do think there's a chance that each profession could be looked at individually and changed according to it's strengths and weaknesses. Balance as promoted in the docs, all at once, I think will end up in a mess with many professions being completely unplayable pending patch upon patch to amend the destruction.

show us the end result of balancing, take it one step at a time, open test server to everyone, even free players, give "real" incentives on Live for us to go there, and by all means, make the transition to test, and bug reporting much more inviting than it is currently, then maybe we'll have a chance.
    I think your prediction on how balance will turn out is wrong. Everything will come out, then there will probably be a bunch of patches to readjust numbers or make the nanos for pvm friendly. There will probably be a few "oh S***" moments, but nothing that would make a profession any more "unplayable" then some currently are. The benefits with releasing all the changes at once is being able to compare accurately. Say traders get their nanos changed as balance docs say. Cool, now lowbie pvp seems balanced right? Well then eventually the other professions come out, and now traders arent balanced with those, but with what the professions were months before. Releasing them all at once can make stuff very crazy (but not break the game) for a bit. Releasing them individually is can mess up things for a while.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

I hope you're right.

Let's be honest, there are imbalances at pretty much all levels of PvP, although admitedly some are more obvious than others.

I think a bigger issue here is actually OSB's for towers. Give a trader a wrangle and MP buffs and 'of course' he's going to be draining people into negative numbers. He can do all that nice and safely before he gets gassed, and can even keep a friendly charmed drain pet around to keep topped up. Don't tell me you're finding level 75 traders casting the nanites selfed and without having to pre-drain at least 3 or 4 casts first. I'd suggest a doc casting UBT at low levels is also annoying as hell (I could provide more examples).

I think twinking takes some skill to do well. I don't think it takes any skill at all to get GSF, RRFE, Behe, Omni Med etc at level X and then go run into a tower field. Of course it's part of the game, I just sometimes think these balance discussions aren't about "Class X" rather they're about "Class X when fully OSB'd". Should the Dev team really have to balance traders for PvE whilst thinking "crap, we better balance them under the assumption they'll have reflects, triple HP, Fixer long hots etc"? of course they shouldn't.

I think it would be far easier to balance classes if "buffs" were level locked. Not for twinking purposes, but when entering tower gas. And yes, I agree for that purpose drains should be a buff. If a trader can ladder up 4-5 pre-drains on you and THEN cast nanites then fine, you should have killed him in the 20 seconds it took for him to build up to it. But if a trader can run in with a 132 he got on the egde of gas and MP buffs greater than his level range (i.e the level the MP has to be to cast them) and nanite you straight away then that's a different story.

What use is that Traders extra 200 ncu if he's not cramming it with OSB's?

But that isn't traders being broken, that's low level tower wars in general, Traders are just one of the most acute symptoms of the OSB system.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

imo, let's make ncu go OE and see what happens.

You're going to be pretty hard pressed to run into a trader that is not pre-drained at tower wars. If you do, then that trader is retarded. Even still, a level 85 trader sits at around 940ish PM/TS which is high enough to cast nanites with just one pre-drain.
    And level 90 NR agents are not an ultimate defense against traders. Mine has 3k nr and gets drained on the second or third try with Divest and third or fourth with the Plunder line. Shutdown skills, needless to say, lands first try every time.
    Last edited by Ataraxy; Feb 17th, 2012 at 00:58:40.

Everyone knows that trader's are totaly OP at lower lvl's, 1 class is ruining all pvp fun, why do funcom let this happen? Some players dont care at all and just abuse that fact, rest just log off and rage quit after be Drained to death.

Change that so people can actualy pvp having fun all the time and not only when there is no trader online.

1 class that disables every other class ingame it's absurd.

trader is Godmode 220 even, only reason we dont see em duel/pvp so often is becose once they do people leave.
    how often does anyone for example see a 220 nanomage trader get duels? NOT OFTEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    trader is Godmode 220 even, only reason we dont see em duel/pvp so often is becose once they do people leave.
    how often does anyone for example see a 220 nanomage trader get duels? NOT OFTEN!
    orly?

Booohhh hissss Lazy uses OB in duels !!!
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

yea nanorange op

Quote Originally Posted by lazy View Post
    yea nanorange op
    exactly !!!
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    This is the best statement I have seen about traders in a while.

I will be so nice and ignore the obvious troll.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast