Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Non-'lame' duel tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Thread has been cleaned up. I had to remove 20% of it and edit several more, so I'd strongly suggest you stop the trolling and personal attacks and discuss the issue.
    Bluecheeze.

That hate tells you got are not compared to what I used to get on my fixer:

Once on a vs some melee profession can't remember which, I blinded him with ring and when he got /follow on me I just dragged his a** to entrance of backyard and he zoned there and I won!

Oh boy the tells...
    "The Tessargi Oppressor" 220/30 RK1 - P E

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessargi View Post
    That hate tells you got are not compared to what I used to get on my fixer:

Once on a vs some melee profession can't remember which, I blinded him with ring and when he got /follow on me I just dragged his a** to entrance of backyard and he zoned there and I won!

Oh boy the tells...
    lmao
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post
    Haha people just hate feeling like they dont stand a chance. Pissing people off is the most fun part of being a fixer
    Even more fun is asking them what they give up so you don't kite. Usually it's the "ah nvm". Or first they agree and then they're still pissed cause suddenly they had to face a nearly fair match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    ITT: My Main is also an Enforcer, and i get aroused by killing grey players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisergia View Post
    suddenly they had to face a nearly fair match.
    There are only three kinds of fights in AO

1. Matches where only one side has a real chance at winning
    2. Matches where both sides are completely based off of luck to win
    3. Matches where one side completely screws up or otherwise sucks

Most fights are #1, #3 is the next most common, and #2 are the most fun, but "fair" doesn't exist, and "skill" is a lot more black and white then gray.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Theres a fourth.
    4. One side should win based on fotdecade, but doesn't because they underestimate the prof/setup/person playing

Quote Originally Posted by Arguru View Post
    My fellow fixers,

In the last few days I've done some nice duelling on my fixer. Unfortunately, every time I win I'm apparently either gay, lame, a ***, or a combination thereof. Why? Apparently because my tactics suck.

A few examples.

1. vs AR-soldier, round 1.
    Soldier pops AMS right at start of duel. Since I'm not a complete idiot I'm not going to waste myself against AMS which would mean insta-splat. Instead, I pop both DOF and Limber, corrupted flesh absorb and AAD-perk. I sit down to halve my heal-delta and have the soldier (try and) hit me until AMS runs out. I perk soldier with everything I got and win.

2. vs AR-soldier, round 2.
    Soldier again pops AMS, but this time comes prepared for the beforementioned tactic and brings some more DD (could've also brought aimed shot). I won't survive standing there for 1m20s, so I use blindring and Implode to drain nano. I root him and run awaaay and hide. When the AMS timer runs out I run back and alpha, and win.

3. vs Shade.
    We both open with DOF, shade uses stun and alpha's to 50% of my health. As soon as stun runs out I kite until I can land root. Then I take my time to land LICC, and alpha shade to death (while spamming root to keep it refreshed and in case it breaks). I win.

4. vs Shade, but agreed not to use roots on my side, and not to use stuns on his side.
    I use LICC, spam alpha and win.

5. vs Crat (wasn't a duel, but flagged pvp)
    I open by snaring both pets, and pop LICC on crat, crat pops evade debuffs on me. I hit both DOF and Limber hoping I can kill him fast enough, slugs go up and so does MOTR, I kill crat while his evade pets can't come close to me. I win.

All of the above tactics involve rooting, kiting or at least running away from danger until we can position ourselves better against the enemy. To my knowledge, pretty much exactly what the Fixer is. We don't have huge AR to eat through anything, we're not soldiers. We aren't enforcers, so we can't be expected to just stand there and take the damage. We're not docs/crats/engi's with huge AR debuffs, the only debuff we really have is LICC (to make up for our already crappy AR).

Simply put, we're not a profession that can press Q, alpha against anything (that isn't a keeper), so we have to be smart. Unfortunately, my ideas apparently make me an *******, a ****** or a lamer who nobody wants to duel a second time.

Anyone got any PvP strats that doesn't make you attracted to people of the same gender?

we have rk 2 fixers like wishstar to name one that stands ageinst my solja with 3876 ar at the most when i have towers and sphere. i loost allot vs him and i win some. and he never sits or anything. i can use kec3 and spam as each 11 sec and it wouldnt hurt him at any points ( hes still standing)
    Also he never ever used the 1k aad tmp perk.
    i seen his fixer own evry single profession in rk 2 without a single need for kite, no intention to be rude, but it seems like you dont know how to play your profession, becose why is that that 1 fixer can win anything more or less without kite, but you cant?
    ofc he problabe loose vs most to, but it seems like he wins more than he loose.
    also fixers has more ar than a avrege smg soldier for example, how is that baad ar?
    + u got the evade debuff perkline.. and still you manage to complain
    ALSO THIS FIXER CAN WIN A ENFORCER BY NOT KITEING!

/tell wishstar hi can you teach me to play fixer plz? becose i wanna be a professional.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Jan 28th, 2012 at 14:02:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    we have rk 2 fixers like wishstar to name one that stands ageinst my solja with 3876 ar at the most when i have towers and sphere. i loost allot vs him and i win some. and he never sits or anything. i can use kec3 and spam as each 11 sec and it wouldnt hurt him at any points ( hes still standing)
    i think that has more to do with you being terrible than him being any good.

You probably haven't PvPed him then. IMO he's by far the best sol on RK2. Wishstar on the other hand? Not sure what's so special about him.
    RK2
    Boem 220/30 Opi Agent
    Geseeff 165/20 Soli NT
    Animalsk 170/21 Soli ranged adv
    Geseeff2 150/20 Soli Agent

Surovi1: enf dead in like 10 secunds
    Toxicrush: show me
    Surovi1: i no time for that

i've fought his rubbish keep on rk1. worst keeper i've ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    your so pretty, is that why my keep kicked ur ass without a single special attack? ):
    i dunno why you even said this, you only embaress yourself to the limits now.
    wow anyone can win a keep except you
    anyways i dunno how loong you gonna live on your unmature story about that you won vs my keep and you lost.
    i dunno how rubbish my keep is when you loose to a keep without specials as a fixer, to be honest your the first fix i ever seen to loose vs a keep and it was to my un finished keep.

I hope more and more understand why i am strongly aginst you to be a professional
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Jan 28th, 2012 at 19:45:23.

remind me again when i lost to your keeper? was it while you were asleep?

man whatever, i dont bother. anyways as i said i delete my fix if you ever get professional title. i am done here, you win or W/e your after.

you dont have to wait for me to become professional. you can do it right now.

From my non-MR perspective (on all my regular toons) I think fixers are absolutely well off and the claim that they have "teh worst defence" is not very accurate at all..

On topic though - Playing to win is 'lame' and has been since 2001. In my experience:

Beat opponent(s) 100% of the time - You are lame, crap, cheating, overpowered (sometimes true), etc
    Beat opponent(s) 60% of the time - You are the best player the opponent has ever encountered
    Beat opponent(s) 40% of the time - You are the best player the opponent has ever seen, plus you gain respect of opponent(s)

I'm sure there's some psychology in there somewhere.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    is it......

this one!?

OT: so far I only know of 4 fixers the entire time I've played AO (7 years) that aren't afraid to use their entire spectrum of tools to win a fight, and when they have, they've almost always been successful from what I've seen. caring too much about what others think is why fixers die (well also le nukes), they have every tool, every chance, and all the ability to win as much or more than any other class imo.
    Last edited by Frubaliscious; Feb 16th, 2012 at 15:49:44.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Quote Originally Posted by Geseeff View Post
    You probably haven't PvPed him then. IMO he's by far the best sol on RK2. Wishstar on the other hand? Not sure what's so special about him.
    Lol, Rezipped best sol on RK2. That actually got a good giggle from me.

Just some random solds from memory that are far better... Ipewpewu, Ocene, Sellex, Goustbuster, whatever Rih's sold is/was, need I go on? :P

well, I'm not a big fan of Elquack, but I'd have to be a real ass not to recognize that his Sold is one of the best. it's good to look at these things with an open mind, otherwise emotions cloud your decision making. regardless of what you think of the personality behind the toon, you shouldn't dismiss the players skills, or the toon itself just to highlight your opinion of the person.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Just wanted to point out one thing

If your only fighting a keeper from a fixers perspective you really cant tell how good they are, because lets be honest, all keepers suck to a fixer.

As for whether fixers have good defense, yes and no.

From a outside perspective fixers are very hard to lock down, and at tl7 OSB's make a big difference. If the fixer is only taking random ranged specials/kiting/meeping on a whim they seem unkillable from someone else's perspective. However from that fixers perspective they are always taking to much damage to line up a kill, if they get stunned or rooted they are basically dead, and they cant tank people long enough to do a gank like many other professions. Plus its impossible to kill most professions if they have one of the very common OSB's that people get for pvp.

Fixers are noob killers, they can only kill noobs with efficiency, and can only last for extended periods of engagement vs noobs (except for a few certain profs in the rock/paper/scissors/nuke setup)

==========================================

As for the reputations of Lequack and Lazy

Lequack was THE best tl5 MA I have ever seen without a doubt, back when tl5 mattered. His TL7 soldier is pretty good, and hes a solid overall PVP'er on anything he plays. Although im on the same side as him so I never faced him in a situation that would give me a accurate gauge.

Lazy is a solid TL7 pvp, mostly fought him in group fights with w/e random osb's me and him got from teams. I never fought him on a character capable of letting me judge how good of a fixer he is in relation to other endgame fixer pvp'ers.

In the end both are solid REAL pvper's (unlike the ****ty people on forums that talk about pvp but would actually die to a ranged nanomage shade), both have never fought each other on professions capable of accurately gauging pvp skill.

So in the end... why haven't both of you jumped ship to BF3 or SWTOR yet?
    Last edited by Maxisolja; Feb 23rd, 2012 at 10:28:23.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisolja View Post
    So in the end... why haven't both of you jumped ship to BF3 or SWTOR yet?
    because my ****ty netbook barely runs ao.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast