Thread: Throwing skill finally has use?

Throwing skill finally has use?

Last edited by Rayfield...; Oct 16th, 2002 at 07:55:36.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

yeah I saw it, dont look like much to me
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

strange however the new throwing grenades don't require throwing skill? pure grenades and that's it. oh well...
    Blue Steel(TM)

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki

The grenades apparently aren't an AoE fragmentation attack. They get 'resisted' like nanos.

Hehe, I'm... how shall I put this... moderatly impressed. Still, they might perform better in game then they look in the DB.
    /me wanna get on test now.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Well, I could get my Throwing skill up to around 780 without too much fuss using Shining and Bright clusters as I recall. In the midst of an implant change as it is right now. The Darts don't seem to do much damage, however. But, having not a single new thing to do or try for 50 levels, maybe I'll dump 3 levels into Sharp Objects.

This must be the 'love' for the MP. Give 'em something to do at 168 when you've been using the same Nuke for 40 levels and the same pet for 50.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    The grenades apparently aren't an AoE fragmentation attack. They get 'resisted' like nanos.
    They get resisted? like... no, dont throw that thing at me!
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Centurion3

They get resisted? like... no, dont throw that thing at me!
    LMAO!

Maybe the Mob's all learned some form of soccer and can just kick em back at you....

GOOOAAALLLL!

no?
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

well then shouldnt it do damage on the guy who threw it at you? But shouldnt the actual physical hit of the grenade do some damage anyway? like an headache or bruise or something..
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

I think it's a limitation of the game engine. Kinda how MA specials are 'resisted' and the same with Fixer Cluster Bullets. I'm sure, they'll fix the message eventually to 'Your target ducked the grenade' or something.

Problem with grenades is that they are doing them wrong. There should be a check at about 25% of DuckEXp for the AoE attack (with reasonably low damage) and a second check for a direct hit on your target at about 60-75% of DuckExp for a single target damage with significant damage.

Assuming damage of 40-400 for a grenade:

You make one roll vs. your enemy's Duck skill for the fragmentation. You should have almost no chance of failing this role. It's made agains 25% of his Duck skill. A successful roll lays down a 40-100 AoE effect.

You then make a second roll to see if you mangled your intended target. This is made at a higher chance to miss and a higher range of damage. Check against 60% of his Duck skill and a successful roll adds an additional 40-100 pts of damage to your selected target only.

Point being, it should be almost impossible not to affect everyone in your target area at least a bit. The big question is whether you really sock it to who you are explicitly aiming at.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the grenades have the same resist rate as the fixer cluster bullets but hit harder. At ql 200 one of them does 200-1000 damage. The recharge seems to be the same at 20 seconds but it causes aggro. That dagger seems to be more like a bad dot, 1-172 damage every 4 seconds.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

WHERES MY NINJA STARS!!!!????

Low dmg, very fast, like real stars. maybe QL200 10-150(200) usable every 3 seconds.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Originally posted by Fion
    WHERES MY NINJA STARS!!!!????

Low dmg, very fast, like real stars. maybe QL200 10-150(200) usable every 3 seconds.
    real shurikens have low dmg? not if u know how to use it. =P one can easily slice your finger off with one.

btw, bump for shurikens.
    Blue Steel(TM)

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki

Those thing look pretty cool, but id prefer it if they fixed the wen wens before doing this, it would make more sense really, the only bit confusing me is this

"Carry, Use, EAT!!, Stackable, ApplyOnHostile"

I hope this database is wrong because i dont want to end up eating my throwing knifes by accident.

hmm...it's possible that wen-wen's were fixed. They're now Unique items and have onuse functions (not sure if that second part is new). Here's the ql 200 one:

RangeHit FightingTarget Health -55 -200
    LockSkill Wearer RangedEnergy 15
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

Wen-wen were fixed.

They don't auto-operate, you have to trigger them.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I find it a bit disturbing that you can eat that throwing dagger (looking on the use part of the DB)
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Originally posted by Rayfield...
    one can easily slice your finger off with one.
    Easily might be pushing your luck... but sure, give them some throwing stars... kabump!

Originally posted by Centurion3

Easily might be pushing your luck... but sure, give them some throwing stars... kabump!
    ^_^ me being stupid playing with playing cards...just a deck of bicycle poker cards. cut a gash 3 inches long and about 1/4 inch deep on my friend's arm. and that's just paper. he keeps reminding me about it by showing me the scar. that was a lotta spilled ketchup.
    Blue Steel(TM)

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki