Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Better token board options: 5k

Better token board options: 5k

(02:00) You gained 547560 new Alien Experience Points.
    (02:00) Side tokens collected: 5095.

Between farming dailies for research, the pvp daily and the ai daily I somehow managed to accumulate over 5,000 tokens. And keep in mind this is coming from a character that had something like 100 tokens when dinging 220.

I know I"m not alone here... I think it is time for a better token board than the 2500. 2500 tokens is not even a remote challenge anymore. Maybe a token board modifier item that allows you to choose to add nanoskill or weaponskill to the board if you have 5k or more.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Everyone has 5K..make it 10K.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

im ok with it as long as neutrals dont get one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I know I"m not alone here... I think it is time for a better token board than the 2500. 2500 tokens is not even a remote challenge anymore. Maybe a token board modifier item that allows you to choose to add nanoskill or weaponskill to the board if you have 5k or more.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
    So maybe the problem is that the amount of tokens needed for the boards is now too low, in light of the super easy way you can get tokens.

Maybe increase them to require 5k for the 1k board and 10k for the 2500 board?

That might actually have a good chance of happening you know, I can see the $$ in FC's eyes.

yeah 10K board yes, 5K is too easy.

we should indeed change reqs on boards, 5k for 2500 one, 10 or even 15K for 2500 xan one. woo, more grind. (or maybe more creds spent in FC shop...)

and about neutrals, they shouldn't even have a token board or any reward. tokens are REWARDS, neutrals are COWARDS who don't involve in anything (on paper, yes, as actually FC allowed noots to pvp and join notum wars).
    i'd bump the idea of a token board only if FC changes "neutral status" to a REAL 3rd faction (like Sol Banking).

sorry

If you are done with mindless farming and zero difficulty tasks you should start enjoying your toon, not ask for more farm content.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    If you are done with mindless farming and zero difficulty tasks you should start enjoying your toon, not ask for more farm content.
    I'm guessing this wasn't directed at me.. but in case it was, I want to make sure you understand that I'm not asking for something that will require me to farm additional tokens.. I'm asking for something that allows me to take better advantage of what I've already farmed on multiple toons in the process of doing other things.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    Maybe increase them to require 5k for the 1k board and 10k for the 2500 board?
    omg, no
    They made it so easy to get so much token because everybody was crying that it takes such an effort to get 2,5k token
    And i don't want to spend two months with a 150 twink doing bs/alien/elite/normal daily and farming an penu/dr doja chip every day

Tokenboards as they are now shouldn't be changed, maybe only a 5k and 10k with a few more hp

Quote Originally Posted by Firezus View Post
    And i don't want to spend two months with a 150 twink *playing the game* and farming an penu/dr doja chip every day
    Still, I do agree.

The boards are good enough, I don't think the fact that we can all get 10k + tokens with no effort means that a new board is needed.

More that we should say thank you to FC for removing a essential grind.

Agree but, only when Tokenboard would need 10.000 Token.

I think that rewards for tokens >2500 can be awarded and not necessarily in the form of a token board. What that could actually be, I would have to think, but the first ideas I have aren't equipment, it's privileges. Ability to hack and use opposite side shops, exclusive grid access points, temporary immunity to guard aggro, some temporary or 1 time PVP effects.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I think that rewards for tokens >2500 can be awarded and not necessarily in the form of a token board.
    i vote for faction titles.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

You have to ask yourself... are TL7 underpowered?
    Considering most content is done with much less people than intended, I really don't think that is the case. Which means the problem is not that 'there are no better tokenboards to benefit from the extra tokens'... it means 'it has become too easy to get a lot of tokens'. If people get their 2500 tokens without needing to grind that's very nice (grinding isn't exactly exciting). If they have double or quadruple that amount without any token-grinding and start posting threads like this... it probably is too much :P.
    Don't consider this as a suggestion that requires you to go yell NOOOO at me. As neutral I can't really tell how much tokens you get from dailies so I'm not making it into a suggestion, but I do get the impression that less tokens from dailies would be more balanced...
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

BTW, how does one get 547560 new Alien Experience Points? What's this?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    [...] I do get the impression that less tokens from dailies would be more balanced...
    Agreed.

Tokens grant enough advantages with the awesome token boards. Adding even more advantages does not seem a good option to me.
    Rather, I would suggest a token nerf from dailies. I mean, it brings so much tokens (on top of numerous other cool things too, it's not like dailies only give tokens) that tokens are clearly NOT something you have to worry about when rolling a new character. It is very likely that when you hit 200, you'll have more than 1k tokens, and when you hit 220 you'll have more than 2k5.

Token boards are supposed to be actual rewards, and the biggest the reward, the harder it is to get it. Right now, you get that reward for nothing.

While I agree that pure token farm is stupid (as it was before the daily mission system), I think the number of tokens you get per daily mission should be AT LEAST halved.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

We need a new breed with 2 necks thats what we need.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

make there 10k board that gives you same or very little bit better modifiers, but also gives some sort of.. aura or... something that modifies outlook of character.
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

at 10 k tokens you should get a t-shirt that says "i farmed 10000 tokens and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    BTW, how does one get 547560 new Alien Experience Points? What's this?
    That's the reward amount for doing an AI daily mission when you're AI level 28.
    You can find me at:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast