Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the game director - Hi guys!

Wellcome to the worst and the best job you can get.
    Worst becouse some will always be angry no mater what you say or do.
    Some will always blame you..

Best.. You are as you say in a community that have proven more times that they know how to have fun.
    and i know for sure iam looking forward to see what the new times will bring of both good and bad.. (hopefully not bad or at least not alot of it)

But always look on the bright side of things. if its broken it can be fixt.

Gratz on new funcom level
    -Conspiracy Group Inc.

what's the point when we all know nothing is gonna change in this game ?
    and why bother doing anything for the 20 players online on each dimension ?

Damn I was blind.

Conspiracy Theory:

1. GD is a lady 2. She works behind desk 3. Result: AO gained Lady Crat pet.

/obvious

I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    Damn I was blind.

Conspiracy Theory:

1. GD is a lady 2. She works behind desk 3. Result: AO gained Lady Crat pet.

/obvious

4. Fia Tjernberg = Fia T. = Fiat! WooOOooOOoo weird huh?

joking aside, gratz on ding new GD!
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Dec 18th, 2011 at 15:21:02.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

OMG!! ^^ GZ Lindelu! Now go make sure MPs will be the best prof ever next year!!!!!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I take it Means has passed you the flame proof overalls and troll repellent? Some people spend more time complaining than gaming in these parts. Congratulations on the new job. Feel free to abuse your newly gained powers by randomly smiting people, demanding worship, handing out t-shirts etc.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Grats Lindelu- I've been playing AO for almost 8 years and am ashamed to say that, with the exception of a handful of posts, I don't know much about you.

Would you mind posting a little bit about yourself in terms of your game development/game related experience or what things you've been working on in AO prior to receiving the GD position?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Worldbuilding stuff, most of the daily missions, related stuff afaik. But there's probably more.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Worldbuilding stuff, most of the daily missions, related stuff afaik. But there's probably more.
    Good to know about the daily missions.. those were a great addition to the game imo.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    posting in epic thread of epics

All hail Lindelu. =D
    Every time you do the All Hail thing I read it in Starscream's voice from the 80s cartoon. I have decided that I will read all of your posts in a high pitched, scratchy voice with a ridiculous accent.
    Waiting for a cure.

Welcome Janeway, please get this game out of the delta quadrant

PS, Means = Picard
    Kintaii = RIKER

Quote Originally Posted by szuzu View Post

PS, Means = Picard
    Kintaii = RIKER
    Macrosun = Data
    fixed
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    I started on my own as a complete noob, but I was quickly accepted by the community and invited to a generous organization.
    Congratulations on the re-roll as Game Director; I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job starting out as less of a noob

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Later on, I was in one of those large organisations that held recurring alien raids in our city. I was still a froob, but I was invited to join the raid as a tour of our city. They invited so many people that we filled up three teams, so instead of waves we had swarms of aliens, coming at us in a constant stream. I will never forget shouting BONZAII into the chat, those action filled 45 minutes that followed, and how everyone worked together to save the world!
    Some of my fondest memories of the game as well, when we had a dozen org members and other friends for three team city raids and ships. Please tell me you are looking into ways of bringing something like that back or creating new ways of making orgs and alliances enjoy the game again. The movement towards instances took a huge bite out of that and I think many orgs suffered.
    Ryph, Enforcer, Godfather of Underworld
    Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
    Explorer 86% Socializer 66% Achiever 26% Killer 26%

Quote Originally Posted by szuzu View Post

PS, Means = Picard
    Kintaii = RIKER
    Does Riker have a caps-lock issue or is that just you?
    ಠ_ಠ

RIKER can only be written with capslock.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Uhm, WTB fridays with Lindelu

I kinda miss already weekly update on game progress.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

gz on phtz.

Looking back, I think weekly updates seemed a little forced and it fed the epidemic ideal of the engine being a facade. Rebal becomes more mythic, game director steps down... Some may wonder about the future of this game.

Monthly updates are an improvement imo.

Means played a very careful game of 'smoke and mirrors,' rodeo show at it. After 6 months, the water of Tir can only change so much ^^.

I'll throw down the voice of those that stick around due to ingame community and don't go near the forums and don't know Means is leaving/left (at least once they get back from Sw:tor)

So no more friday updates then?

:/
    Just log your 220.

Lindelu, is it ok if we call you "Means"? At least for a while... It'll be much easier to adapt.

j/k, gz, gl and hf

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast