Thread: Minor feedback/suggestion: Neretva Canyons quests

Minor feedback/suggestion: Neretva Canyons quests

So while we have another spot of downtime I got reminded of something I meant to post here but forgot about. A little while ago a friend of mine mentioned needing only the last 2 areas in the Neretva Canyons questline before he could do Area X. I brought a toon to help him, and thought it would be a good opportunity to grab an update on a dual-logged lower level alt of mine at the same time. We did E and F, and I went to hand the quests in on my alt.

It was then that I noticed the keycard half you get as a reward for completing Area F was a temporary item. I can't be certain of how long the timer was on it but I think I remember it being about 30 minutes. I hadn't started doing any of the Areas on my alt before this point, and had only brought it along because my friend was doing his last 2 Areas, so I didn't have the other half of the key that goes with the one from Area F. (Note that none of the other key halves I got subsequently from any other Area quests were temporary, this only seems to be the case for Area F.)

It dawned on me that if I didn't figure out which Area gave me the other half of the keycard before the timer on the temporary key half ran out, I might not be able to hand the 2 halves to the NPC for her to tradeskill into the complete key later. But I had no idea which Area would give me the other half and I couldn't find a guide that listed which key halves you get from which Area, and nobody in-game at the time seemed to know either. So it became necessary to use trial and error.

As you can probably guess, I didn't manage to find the Area that gave me the other half before the temporary half disappeared. :\ Sure enough, the NPC still wanted both halves of the key, which I couldn't give her. And so I had to petition. The GM (who I have to say handled the problem pleasantly quickly) spawned a replacement key half in my inventory which was not temporary, so I thought to ask whether my getting a temporary key was just a bug or whether the quest reward for Area F was always temporary. The GM wasn't sure, but when another friend of mine did Area F later they confirmed they also got a temporary key half for Area F while all the other Areas gave them permanent key halves.

So here's the problem: Currently, Areas A-F can be done independant of each other. You don't have to have done B before doing D, for example. This kind of leads people to think there's no consequence to doing them in any particular order... until they happen to do F before one of the others without realizing they'll get a temporary item as a reward...

Suggested solutions:

1) Make the Area F key permanent, just like all the other Area keycard halves. Then people could continue to do them in whichever order without bad surprises cropping up unexpectedly.

2) If the intention was for people to do Areas A-E before attempting F, then find a way of locking them out of doing Area F similarly to how people are prevented from doing Area X before doing Areas A-F.

Either way would help lesson both the potential for confusion and the need to petition over it.
    :E

Bump for 1, this sounds like an easy to fix oversight.

Hate to be a thread-bumper but it's either that or just repost the same thing again; this problem still hasn't been fixed. Despite assurances from teammates that "it would be okay", the Area F key half still has a 30 minute temporary limit. Retalking to the NPC does not give me the option of acquiring a new key. And because someone else needed Area F before I'd done whichever Area gave the other yellow key half, I didn't have the other half ready and we didn't manage to get the other Area done in time.

*brb petitioning again...*

Conversation with a (lovely) GM reminded me of a weird observation I forgot to mention: when you try to post the temporary yellow key half from Area F into chat, and then click the link it produces in chat, the description looks like a normal permanent item with no all-caps "TEMPORARY" warning at the top. But when you inspect the item from your inventory, it has the temporary tag again. o_O It still disappears after 30 minutes either way, though.

i know it's kinda late but this guide mentions which key cards come from which area

EDIT: and i believe that if you lose a keycard you can talk to the girl and get it back but it's been a while since i last did the quest

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i know it's kinda late but this guide mentions which key cards come from which area

EDIT: and i believe that if you lose a keycard you can talk to the girl and get it back but it's been a while since i last did the quest
    Better late than never. :P Thanks for the link.

I've already mentioned trying to talk to the NPC to get a replacement but she doesn't seem to give you that option. The previous time I had this problem she would ask me for both key halves after I'd done both yellow key areas, but there was no option that let me say "But I don't have it any more" or something similar. When I tried giving her the one half I did have she wouldn't accept it. I restarted the conversation several times to try all the different dialogue options, but nothing. :/

Also, this time the same as last time, the replacement item spawned by the GM was not temporary. Only the quest reward itself seems to be temporary.