Thread: Slowdown Land Rate

Slowdown Land Rate

Enforcer at 1535 BM and MC and at full defensive agg/def.

MA at 2108 nano resist and at full defensive agg/def.

152 successful, 301 countered, 453 total
    33.5% Success rate

If anyone asks for the land rate at a specific nano resist level I would be more than happy to run a check and see how often it lands. I will say that the land rate is heavily in favor of the attacker, and that if the enforcer swapped for more nanoskills he should greatly increase the chance of landing slowdown against an MA.

That is also an insanely low amount of Nano Resist. Do you have a HHAB on and what NR buff are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    That is also an insanely low amount of Nano Resist. Do you have a HHAB on and what NR buff are you using?
    It was just a test server test to give values at specific levels. As I said I can reach whatever NR you want, and can test the land rate at those values. This is what I considered the "minimum" NR an MA would have when PVPing. If I went too high then I deal with "those values are too high for typical MA" complaints which just distract from the testing.

Mine has 2650 NR, would be interesting to see the landing rates, as my enfo happens to be on the same account as my MA.
    Thanks in advance.
    Battle "Kitesfear" Hymns Field Marshall
    Arzamas "Reken" Sixteen Supreme Creator
    Bunch of alts

7.62 - One size fits all.

1555 BM and 1535 MC (1545 slowdown attack rating) vs 2650 NR

800 Successful, 2071 Countered, 2871 Total
    27.8% Success rate

The first test probably should have been around 35% success rate given degrees of error, with this test however the number of trials is high enough to avoid most error. In otherwords, at best gaining 500 NR improved your ability to resist slowdown by about 8% at these values.

Now, not to think that it is useless to have 2650 NR based on this testing, I would remind everyone that avoiding NT nukes, doctor UBT, and trader drains, all three of these professions having much higher nanoskills, the 2650 NR benefits you quite a bit. At around 2100 NR you would counter maybe 10% of casts at best, at 2650 you should counter about 30% to 50% of casts, which is significant in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    ... all three of these professions having much higher nanoskills... (how much do you have in mind ?). At around 2100 NR you would counter maybe 10% of casts at best, at 2650 you should counter about 30% to 50% of casts, which is significant in my opinion.
    Can't be more approximative then that, and probably wrong (according to Ebag's nanocalculator)...

Also almost noone try to avoid NT nukes. Cause basically you can't avoid em with 2650 NR.

Why did you feel like posting this would be a good idea ?

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post
    Can't be more approximative then that, and probably wrong (according to Ebag's nanocalculator)...

Also almost noone try to avoid NT nukes. Cause basically you can't avoid em with 2650 NR.

There's a thing called UaWoS

And sharing knowledge is a bad thing now? ;p

With slightly more NR than nanoskills (doctor casting UBT) you would have about 50% chance to counter.

With a trader or NT having up to 3000 nanoskills as an approximation I would say around the 30% counter mark.

Don't see anything wrong with those assumptions.

Yeah sorry was a bit aggressive, dunno why exactly ...

Nevertheless goin from 2150 to 2650 NR, according Ebagg's formula ...

For 3K AR (trader), your counter rate goes from 16% to 35%

For 2650 AR (doc, undrained tard ?), your counter rate goes from 26% to 43%

So, well, the 10% counter rate is quite out of the picture... As well as gaining 20% to 40% counter rate from gaining 550 NR... You gaining actually a bit under 20%.

And again 95% of NTs don't even play in that category, since CB @ 50% lands 100% of the time with 2500ish nanoskill except versus enfs, nr2 and UWoS. The other 5% NT might have 2.8 or 2.9K and try nuking without CBing but it's far from a common setup.

Yeah sorry was a bit aggressive, dunno why exactly ...
    No offense taken, you were hardly trolling me just disagreeing, which is what players should do

My numbers were rough (and certainly incorrect ), but I mostly wanted to emphasize that it would be helpful to have NR despite this testing as it was a single case.