Thread: Suggest new backpack type: Cloth bag

Lightbulb Suggest new backpack type: Cloth bag

The ability to customize your character with different clothes and armor is one feature that is well implemented in AO. You really have the possibility to make your character look different from the rest.

However, as outfits consist of many different pieces, changing between them becomes a hassle. Even if I ideally would like to use different outfits for different occasions, I don't bother.

The solution to the problem is the Cloth bag. A Cloth bag would be a special kind of backpack with one slot for each of the slots in the cloth tab. This way you could define an outfit by putting clothes in the different slots of the bag. Changing to a new outfit would then be just right-clicking on the bag.

Good idea?

pb

Excellent idea. I'm not sure how the coding would work and there's definitely have to be some changes there, but I'm sure it would be do-able. Obviously there'd have to be safeguards to prevent you from slipping in another complete set of armour or something like Neleb's Robe, but again this shouldn't be a problem in principle.

The only slight issue I see is that presumably this would be a back-slot item. This is going to clash with things like armourcoats etc. but given the number of trenchcoats I see out there I don't expect this to be a major stumbling block.

Cheers,

~R~

The way I imagined it, you would not have to actually wear the cloth bag. Right clicking on it would just swap whatever is in it with whatever you are wearing at the moment.

pb

or better yet, just have an actual social armor tag alongside the Weapons/Armor/Implants tab in menu ctrl-1. would that not be better....so u don't have to keep rebuffing back into your armor? keep 1 set of constantly worn social, and u can switch those around as u like....it's a LOT easier to code than social 'zuits' bags.

but i'll bump anyways. and don't forget to give us ability to name our bags. even if it's going to be a client side saved preference thing. 35 bags of armor is a b***h to look for schtuff. =P

zoot zuit riot!!
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

You know I was real close to deleting my eng and making a crat for one of those suits because what is a Rudebiy without a 2 tone suit? Ide love to toss a Sport coat over my biomech, all these clothes that make ya look cool but you can never wear em if you plan on being competative
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts