Thread: Shade Returnee

Shade Returnee

Hi fellow shady assassins,

i have decided to reactivate my acc for a test period - I left shortly after the release of LE and returned just once for a free month.

I used to play on RK3 - now I am on RK1.

Let me get to the point - what will I need to hunt and farm to be effective and top-tier equipped once again?

I have merc sleeves, infantry crepuscule body (ql300 - nice tank thing) - pen ofab pants and gloves - slippers, bsoc, t3 shoulders - comfort of sagi - these hud devices from vp shops - mediblade, viper mk6 - merc pants - lots of other stuff pre LE - pretty good spirits back then as well - lots of buff stuff - double belt w/ stam & strength

So? Please enlighten me

Cheers,

Khadafi
    PART TIME REACTIVATED

you'd better start with DB-quests and update your spirits.
    Then more alien armor and tokens.
    Beast dagger is an upgrade (when upgraded with WU), but not all that high priority.
    That'll get you started.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

awesome thx for the quick info. Looked up parts of it on AOUniverse... lots of farming.

I think I have the basic DB bracer, but theres this ancient masterpiece bracer also.... hm
    PART TIME REACTIVATED

sorry for double post...

I even have the DB Quest 1-5 from the free month. So now DB Raids to get the infusers I guess?
    PART TIME REACTIVATED

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=185755

That's a crit setup i use. Hope it helps Very high dmg without much cost, but u need alot of farming for certain items.
    Even tho i have SSC Bastion shoulder and DB3 bracer + DB special ops helmet, auno didn't update those so i couldn't post them in setup (and i don't like xyphos database).
    Cadaver Nihtilah Sanguins - 220/70/27 shade.
    Waste Technium Collector - 200 fr00b engi - RL in Froob200 \o/
    Satanic Voldrug Wrath -- Grid Benliah Vampire -- Divine Acathist Curse --

Quote Originally Posted by Nihtilah View Post
    [url]
    Even tho i have SSC Bastion shoulder and DB3 bracer + DB special ops helmet, auno didn't update those so i couldn't post them in setup (and i don't like xyphos database).
    yes auno updated

Auno just didn't update the equip config thing, you just have to insert the items manually.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

My bad cheers gentlemen!

thx 4 the replies so far . I guess I should remark that I'll plan on doing tanking and stuff. so crit setup not for me

I'll have to reconfigure my auno setup and show you guys
    PART TIME REACTIVATED

Quote Originally Posted by Khadafi View Post
    thx 4 the replies so far . I guess I should remark that I'll plan on doing tanking and stuff. so crit setup not for me

I'll have to reconfigure my auno setup and show you guys
    As Lazy said once, def spirits are all the defense u need these days. Normally i use another setup ofc, for soloing. That setup features a mix of everything, which works very very very well. I once got stopped by a n00b saying: hey! your setup is wrong! are u def? are you off? crit? what are you hahaha? And I politely said: gtfo nab!

Today shades don't go full this or full that because the tools of the shade (well basically the toys in general) have been updated to a spot where a shade it's somewhat perfectly balanced. Considering the encounters we have today, you can add alot more dmg/crit items to your solo setup without gimping your shade one bit! Notice that for PvP the best setup is still full offense (3,4k AR+ needed at 220)

Many fellow shades might disagree with me, but i think at the moment shade is the most balanced prof in game and u can do almost everything you want with it VERY decently.

I am not into categorizing as well . Just wanna continue where I left... tanking the big bosses and soloing with a good mix of def, dmg, and HP. And we do not have to talk about the capabilities of a Shade, as I do remember very well how much was possible 4,5 years ago

Got myself ancient defender, normal and infused, and the perfect infused dust brigade bracer

So I think thats a good progress I think. But I will get myself more dmg gear too

One question though: Did they increase the inits of mobs? Seem to had faster than they used to.

Edit: that's my equip as of now, can change attunement devices around, and have a ql300 Viral Scope; also have a Enhanced DB Combat Chest if need be, used to have a merc body but dont know where that is :/ http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=185834
    Last edited by Khadafi; Nov 3rd, 2012 at 15:06:04.
    PART TIME REACTIVATED

Hmm i'm not sure if they changed inits since u last played mate, but just in case use Depravation of Alacrity nano just in case.

About the setup, it's so nice to see pre LE setups again! Those we're the good old days Even though alot changed so u need to update alot of stuff in that setup, but it should be fun since you will have alot of adventures to get the items^^!

I would start working on a Xan of Deceit for left hand, just for the mods at least.
    Grab a DB chest or merc but since u can't find the merc go for DB. Also a ql 300 shade ring of shadows would be nice and some bastion shoulder or the icy shoulderpad of brawn. The main thing would be to update the spirits though, so that's what j00 need to do first i think. Xan spirits are a pain to farm, but they are a must so... Good luck brother! \m/

thx mate .

I have a couple of DBs and such rotting somewhere. Need to reactivate the other acc I think^^.
    Well, as far as chest is concerned.. the infantry crepuscule and me... its just nostalgia^^.

Have two deceits lying around -> so need an update.
    Why didnt they leave the old mods on the deceits loved them when soloing... sometimes took one deceit offhand for more evades.

Can I access the Xan instances even without the quests? Have just done Neretva a-f

Youre kidding me with Depravation of Alacrity, 'course I got this one^^
    Asked around ingame, some told me SL mobs had their inits etc increased, can anyone confirm that? I mean all mobs are still possible to solo, but seems more of a close count at times.

If there is anyone willing to introduce an old shade to the Xan instances, hit me up online
    PART TIME REACTIVATED

I have a couple of DBs and such rotting somewhere. Need to reactivate the other acc I think^^.
    Have two deceits lying around -> so need an update.
    Why didnt they leave the old mods on the deceits loved them when soloing... sometimes took one deceit offhand for more evades.

Can I access the Xan instances even without the quests? Have just done Neretva a-f
    db-armor is nodrop, no need to activate other accounts.
    you dont need 2 xan weapons, just 1 and use it with mediblade, then you can swap old deceit when needed. and update the medi-blade, that'll increase the health gain.
    and you dont need any quests for lox-raids, only the booster pack and 201+ levels.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Nov 3rd, 2012 at 23:41:23.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Thx for the heads up Otansaanpas . So I just have to raid raid raid .

Got it wrong though was referring to DBA , considering whether I could also wear that instead.

You mean the hacked medi-blade right? Cause I already use that.
    PART TIME REACTIVATED

You mean the hacked medi-blade right? Cause I already use that.
    improved hacked medi-blade, upgraded with crude upgrade kit from escaped prisoners.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

hell yeah need that one asap
    PART TIME REACTIVATED