Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 9th, 2011 - Who will be first?

Funcom employee Friday with Means - September 9th, 2011 - Who will be first?

18:00 GMT - Be the first team on TestLive to complete the new Dust Brigade Instance!

There will be prizes for both the first European and North American teams to complete the instance first.

For those who have not copied characters to Test Before:

1. To get the TestLive client download the duplicator and follow the instructions from this page:

http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...1003,1007,1105

2. To copy your character to TestLive log in to your Anarchy Online account and under "All Paid Services" on the left menu select "TestLive Transfer" and the character you wish to copy. There is free.

Winners and Prizes will be announced after the event

See you there!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Hello!
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Uhmm... anything besides test server?
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

hooray for testlive
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

oh Hi!
    Qret 220 Bureaucrat
    Musstang 103 Enforcer
    Pherto 106 Fixer

proud Unit Member of
    Storm

Sorry I pay to play on a real server. I mean no disrespect but I really do pay to play a finished game, having a competition on the "test" server is really not what I pay for.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Is it another dual logged loot farm?

Crat/Keeper probably killing it as we speak.

If you experience problems after duplicating your AO install you can either use

this exe patch to get in up to 18.4.7.1_EP1

Or change your vesion.id file to say 18.4.7.1_EP1

ahem

No thanks... I'll wait for the guide to come out!!!!
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

pass

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

i heard the prize was a set of digamma combined on live servers

Cool!
    :: Azur "Kitace" Korza : 211/24 Fix ::
    :: Siri "Sirace" Autarii : 60/6 Enf ::
    :: Adria "Firace" Godfray : 182/9 Adv ::
    :: Tanis "Kirace" Solaris : 150/10 Doc ::
    :: April "Mirace" Mirana : 150/14 MA ::
    :: Reindeer of "Firepaw16" Funk : 121/0 Agent ::
    :: Ansi "Serace" Sereia : 133/12 Sol ::

'Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice.'

testlive is a finished product of Anarchy Online as well as RK1 and RK2 we just experience every patch before you all do Aternity, although I cant speak for all but Testlive is a great place to learn some great extent of the game
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    testlive is a finished product of Anarchy Online as well as RK1 and RK2 we just experience every patch before you all do Aternity, although I cant speak for all but Testlive is a great place to learn some great extent of the game
    Actually no testlive is not a "finished" product of Anarchy Online. It's a work in progress part of the game, and within it lives a few hermits. Had testlive been a "finished" product I should have been able to select it from the dimension dropdown menu.

Don't even go there.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Seriously, why organising a contest on test server? If you feel confident enough with your new instance then organise it on live server, else do not organise any contest on unfinished product.
    Baja69 220/30 Doc ¤¤ Bajaka 220/30 Keeper ¤¤ Nabella 220/30 Crat ¤¤ Baja 220/30 Enf ¤¤ Warlouz 220/30 Shade ¤¤ Carlouche 165/23 Fix ¤¤ Papa 150/18 Doc ¤¤ Grosbaja 90/9 Trad
    Spartans

Quote Originally Posted by Baja69 View Post
    Seriously, why organising a contest on test server? If you feel confident enough with your new instance then organise it on live server, else do not organise any contest on unfinished product.

You're doing it wrong... Actually, not many players are interested in Testlive. Taking into account AO's population, that means that the Testlive team is as large as AO's dev team.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja69 View Post
    this gives the testserver hermits and social outcasts time to type up a guide to post on ao-u before the instance hits live. this way the masses of sheeple on live can turn their brains off and follow a guide instead of playing with the instance and exploring it on their own.

all in all a win-win solution

Heh, you guys don't have to join the contest if you don't want to. I probably won't either, but if they want to give people some incentive to test stuff more power to them. It'll mean less bugs for the rest of us after all

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast