Thread: How very odd?

Question How very odd?

Bored, mouse happy, googled up some AO to see what I found, and;
    Wiki
    Funcom had claimed to be upgrading the game's 3D rendering engine to a more modern version, the same engine used in their 2008 MMORPG Age of Conan, but has been long abandoned without informing the community, resulting in many upset players.
    Yeah yeah, I know Wikipedia isn't known for truthiness, but folks do use it. (millions of 'em, potential players amongst them.)

Someone needs to tidy this, (unless true...) as I don't know how, and well... I am lazy.

~~~~~//~~~~~
    Last edited by Merit; Aug 7th, 2011 at 08:12:07. Reason: Me grammars good
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

If anything is "Citation needed", I need to do some fact checking.

I'd count these forums and the promise of the Devs as enough checking for me. I trust these guys.

looking at the history for that wiki, someone already deleted a troll addendum earlier which stated "Now the game is losing its subscribers, because the graphics arent being updated anymore." (source)

EDIT: and no, you're not lazy, you're merit. im lazy. get it right, damnit

Who would do that? And why?
    AO - JukeJoint "Nuhmudiira" Jezebel - 208/18 Trader - Omni

i can think of a couple names :P

Fixed it, edited under the name FaceHack.

Also, I'm not sure how to add citations from things such as the latest "Means" blogs to prove that they are currently working on the engine, but I'm sure that's something the random passerby can check for themselves.

Edit: Figured it out, added links to Means' blog.
    Last edited by Nuhmudira; Aug 8th, 2011 at 22:42:24.

But you made it more editorial than it was before. -.- "the playerbase awaits its launch with high anticipation." isn't exactly encyclopedic tone.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Or even true at this point. Too many people have died from holding their breath.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    But you made it more editorial than it was before. -.- "the playerbase awaits its launch with high anticipation." isn't exactly encyclopedic tone.
    You use Wiki as if it's an encyclopedia?

Tell you what, create an account and fix it yourself.

Edit: Yeah, I know it's called "Wikipedia" but I think it should actually be called, "Internet Swimming Pool."
    Last edited by Nuhmudira; Aug 9th, 2011 at 01:29:18.

Well the clue is in the title, really. But in case you didn't spot it:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia's Wikipedia page
    Wikipedia is a free, web-based, collaborative, multilingual encyclopedia project
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Nuhmudira View Post

Edit: Yeah, I know it's called "Wikipedia" but I think it should actually be called, "Internet Swimming Pool."
    Reiteration.

Something tells me, though, that you're nitpicking to nitpick, i.e. to be a troll. Like I said before, go fix it yourself. I was simply trying to help the "image" of AO by not allowing 100% false information that was obviously put in place to do exactly what you're doing here in this thread.
    Last edited by Nuhmudira; Aug 9th, 2011 at 01:34:59.

I disagreed with the way you dealt with the OP, therefore I am an evil troll? Thanks... This is the AO forum all over, now.

I guess you missed this article, too.

No, I'm not nitpicking. I honestly belive that what you put comes across worse than what was there before in the way that it presents a presumptious and editorial statement that can't be verified.
    Last edited by Redesine; Aug 9th, 2011 at 01:46:15.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

I disagreed with the way you dealt with the OP, therefore I am an evil troll? Thanks... This is the AO forum all over, now.

I guess you missed this article, too.
    Disagreeing is one thing. Disagreeing without giving input as to how it could be a better source of true information and/or even offering to do it yourself, is another.

Your condescending responses don't exactly help your case either.

Edit: But on the off-chance you're willing to drop the attitude, tell me what you think it should say. Is the playerbase not anticipating its release? Should it simply say, "Funcom's engine upgrade is an ongoing process. What follows are a few links to verify that information."
    Last edited by Nuhmudira; Aug 9th, 2011 at 01:55:50.

This is silly... Keep accusing me of whatever you like, it simply seems to me that you jumped in there a little hastily.

If you wouldn't mind a little bit of feedback on your article editing; I suggest you remove that phrase since it comes across as biased.

Any better?
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

This is silly... Keep accusing me of whatever you like, it simply seems to me that you jumped in there a little hastily.

If you wouldn't mind a little bit of feedback on your article editing; I suggest you remove that phrase since it comes across as biased.

Any better?
    Sure, I will remove that phrase. Thank you for the feedback.

I apologize for the quick troll accusations, but if you come from other forums, as I have, where anyone and everyone is trolling in some shape or form, you find yourself looking over your shoulder and shouting troll.
    Last edited by Nuhmudira; Aug 9th, 2011 at 02:14:14.

Thanks. I think that's much better, personally.

I'm sorry to hear that you think I have an attitude. I thought I was responding in kind, but apologies for my less-than-polite sarcasm.

It's great that you signed up to Wikipedia to edit that bit - it shouldn't have been there. The reason I haven't signed up myself is because the community on there gets far more uptight about those things than even I did. I do love the project though and what it "should be like", possibly as much as I do AO.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

I wasn't even aware of a Wiki community lol Although, I do not think I will take part in it.

Now I guess we'll have to figure out what this is going to say once the engine has been confirmed finished/released/not-released.