Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need to get off rubika

I need to get off rubika

I realize this is the knowledge database and I need it. Omnitek gave me a free vacation in deep regret after killing my father who was an employe of the mines. Unfortunately aliens shot down my ship (without any defense from Omnitek, though i don't mean to speculate) And i have crashed landed on this planet RUBIKA. I tried to get a job at the subway but there was a strike at the station.

I thought I would follow God, but it looks more like a cult inside the Temple of Three winds.

I need your help. I need to get off this planet!

-Leadbelly
    I told you, I do not know who Xestile is!

((This looks like an in-character post. You might have more luck asking this here if you're an Atlantean player, or here for Rimorians.))
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

((Abandon hope all ye who enter here.))
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

It is rather simple really: just type /camp in your comm-unit and wait 30 sec for execution. It sends you to another planet as well as 27000 years back in time.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

I'm sorry to hear this, my dear friend, that is just terrible.
    but, I have good news for you; there is a shuttle in ICC that arrives and departs on a regular basis, but the ticket cost is a bit pricey.

A friend of mine works in the old forman's office located in the longest road, I think she has a job opening available, repairing security cameras.

Just tell her Bitbucket sent you.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Actually sir, the situation is not all that dire. At least not if you are an employee of Omni-Tek. As you are new to Rubi-Ka you probably have not been processed through the system, and an appropriate job assignment offered yet. If that is the case, proceed to Rome and locate your nearest Admin office. They will be happy to assist you.

If you are not in fact an employee, you may want to give that consideration. It affords you not only many opportunities for saving the funds for that 'ticket off the planet', but very likely you will be able to setup a transfer to another of the many systems within the Omni-Tek Corporate umbrella.

In either case, a trip to the nearest Omni-Tek Admin office, or talk with a Omni-Tek recruiter should set you in the right direction to meet your wishes.

Good luck with the rest of your stay upon Rubi-Ka sir.
    Termin Zawar
    "we are here to serve"

-sigh-
    I appreciate the suggestion friends. But I think I am going to drift around the planet while I am here. I feel it would be a sin for me to join omnitek after they murder'd my father. His ghost still haunts me you know.

I will inspect the foremans office, although I have heard that area is quite corrupt. A unicorn officer said so just before he knocked me out and sent me to reclaim when I accidentally entered the TradeGrid exit.

I can see why Rubika has a poor tourist rate; I sincerely regret taking Omnitek's free vacation.

Department Representitive for Omni-InternOps MAX's Avatar
    Mister Leadbelly,

If you have come here at Omni-Tek's invitation, as aluded to by your comment, why would you then make such a slanderous accusation as to state that Omni-Tek murdered your father? These two statements are of contradictory nature. One would assume you would not have taken anything from Omni-Tek, including a free vacation if this were truely the case.

As a representative of Omni-Tek Internal Operations, accusations are taken very seriously by my department. Please provide information concerning this situation to my office. Also, it appears there is some residual hostility regarding this alluded to incident. Perhaps a conversation with one of the skilled counselors from Omni-Reform would be quite in order. They are very skilled in helping our employees resolve such emotional issues, and may be of assistance for your current state of mind.

MAX
    Last edited by MAX; Jul 29th, 2011 at 19:56:07.

MAX, I can relate to Mr. Leadbelly's contradictory nature.
    I was once offered a "free" vacation stay in a Jobe luxury apartment, but the company required me to attend 5 hour time-share seminars every day. I tell you, I've been bitten by Anun Tearers before, but those seminars were absolutely painful to sit through.

after 3 days, I finally cracked and bought an orbital apartment time-share. They really have a way for force-driven marketing, but at least I have a nice place to go to once a year when snow covers the Borealis Junkyards and spare robot scraps become hard to find.
    Last edited by Xyphos; Jul 29th, 2011 at 20:26:33.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

My dear sirs,

It sounds like you have a quite legitimate beef with the grand Corporation. Which is not an uncommon case for many people on this planet. Please don't let these company points of view blind you to the vast opportunities that abound on Rubi-Ka if you look at the options available to you.

The Clans are here for those who do not wish to be beholden to Omni-Tek. And the Vanguard here in Old Athen would be more than happy to help you with your asperations. We can offer you what ever supplies you may need to fund your future plans, at a small nominal fee. There are many opportunities for the resourceful and adventerous to profit, and be successful within the clans as a whole, without the Corporation stripping you of every credit you manage to scrape up. There are also very adequate accommodations available, at very reasonable rates both within Old Athen and West Athen. Neither require attendance at any sort of seminars. They would be a place of your own, that you don't have to share with someone else.

You would do your choices for future profit and plans a great service if you would contact a Clan recruiter, and discuss your options. I think you will find the Clans will be a very profitable option for you to pursue.
    Alan Jacobi
    Clan Vanguard

*smiles in delight*

ooooh, I omni and clan in the same thread?
    I'm gonna go make some popcorn and bring my portable fence.
    this should be interesting!

*runs to the junkyard*

I am NOT crazy, though I am still upset.
    My father was murdered in cold blood by two solitus' in omni-med suits(THEY DO NOT SELL THESE IN ANY OTHER FRACTION SHOPS!!!)
    Beaten to death by their pillows, which were as hard as concrete.

I feel Omnitek has left me out to dry in the desert. -My father was a miner in 4 holes and he was often parched. But I am dehydrated!

I have attempted to enter into Omni cities to file a complaint. But the guards clearly have not gotten the memo, nor are they sympathetic.
    Often just saying the same thing to me:

"Leave now and there will be no harm Clan follower" -They'll say. And i just want some answers.

I feel i must align myself with the Clan Vangaurds, in order to substane myself and my collection of traveling souvenirs. (The leet dolls are excellent PS~)

But either way, I still feel I will be sitting in borealis sipping on a Plumbo XXX.
    What is a lost opifex like myself to do?

Sincerely,
    -Tourist who feels sorry for himself

... And here with the Neutrals in Last Ditch we can offer you freedom from ideology, freedom from legislation and regulation, freedom from oppresion in any form.

A life that is yours to live, not to give.

We also have the biggest nightclub on (the surface of) Rubi-Ka!
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

No one has called you crazy. However I think you have made a few assumptions that you may need to look at other facts regarding these accusations you have made here.

Yes, Omni-Tek is the source of omni-med suits. However there appears to be a thriving trade in stealing these from our shops, and selling them to the criminal elements on Rubi-Ka. These two solitus are very possibly other clanners. Clan upon Clan violence is quite common. As your note, even a clanner in an Omni city is given every opportunity to leave.. peacefully. However few of them do without violence.

Simply the possession of Omni-Med suits doesn't actually indicate that these two criminals were in fact company employees now does it?

It does sound you need to calm down and think through calmly what you are saying here sir. And we would be very happy to help you with that. That you have obviously been misled to date by the terrorist and criminal element of the Clans into thinking Omni-Tek is your enemy. We in fact wish only the best for the citizens here on Rubi-Ka. Become a member of our Corporate family and you will see the truth behind that.
    Termin Zawar
    "we are here to serve"

Ok so like firts off I'm a litle drunk and stuff so yeah, might wanna, like, run this throgh some kinda "Drunk-to-Standard" translater or somethin idk whatevs

But yeah like, I mean, just as sortasome life advice like maybe poping up on public grid channels and talkin g about how The Man killed your dad and stuf might not be the best of ideas unless youre all up on headin after him. And I mean if that's what you're down for then go for it homie, but idk I mean maybe its just me but I sorrta like living (and not benig in jail because I always heard prison kinda sucks ).

Wgat you *should* do bro, is stop down toward Neuters 'r Us and pop a brew or two! We've *totaly* got the best selection of beeer and hooch in Newland, and it's, like, all totally cheap and stuff compard to that *other* place. And it's got me! And I'm, like, totally awesome and stuff!

Oh and, like, no beef with the corporation ornothin but as like a heads up this

Quote Originally Posted by MAX View Post
    Perhaps a conversation with one of the skilled counselors from Omni-Reform would be quite in order. They are very skilled in helping our employees resolve such emotional issues, and may be of assistance for your current state of mind.
    just anit sounding like a good idea. I mean do whatever y'know but if it was me I'd go for the beer over the brain trainining.

Indeed it is a source of great frustration but also of pride that while the sales of the newest and highest quality Omni-Med gear is limited to our corporation other factions find themselves often in possession.

Unfortunately DNA locks where never introduced to this line until the combat medic specifications, as such anyone even those not in the employ of the Omni-Tek corporation can and indeed do abuse our good grace, many have taken to use it to try and pass themselves off as medics or other employees in a futile attempt to try and gain access to Omni-Med drug stores, while I do not wish to encourage this behaviour to the lesser citizens of Rubi-Ka it has been a good source of test subjects for some time.

They often obtain this equipment through either careless employees selling their outdated versions to second hand dealers or through smugglers infiltrating the Omni-Tek markets.

Needless to say any employee who wishes to dispose of outdated Omni-Med equipment should endeavour to return it to an Omni-Med station where upon it can be disposed off properly.

Tired of Rubi-ka huh?
    Well there is always the Shadowlands. Some might call them dangerous and they are right but some of the ancient technology there is far superior to Rubi-ka's. Why dont you come out and help some of the Jobe scientist with their research? Pays not real high but there are many interesting and useful gadgets you can pick up.
    There are some nominal fee's to get a license to enter the Shadowlands but its not bad really. Certainly cheaper than trying to get off planet, also allot less prone to betrayals and assassination by your fellow man (or woman or uni) then Rubi-ka as people have to stick together to survive in there. Worst case scenario is some unsavory types team up with you to raid some dungeon or something then grab the loot and leave you holding the bag. You also should try to keep some comfortable shoes - remember your fellow man doesn't have to outrun that monster chasing him down; he only has to outrun ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    I once got petitioned for "impersonating FC personal" for claiming I ran helpbot.

Leader of Newland City Militia
    Dante, I hope your not working in that state.

If you are, just signal one of my men outside the bar, they will make sure you get home in one piece.
    General Anthony Hekkat

Quote Originally Posted by Shonta View Post
    Tired of Rubi-ka huh?
    Well there is always the Shadowlands. ........ Certainly cheaper than trying to get off planet, also allot less prone to betrayals and assassination by your fellow man (or woman or uni) then Rubi-ka as people have to stick together to survive in there.
    No, In the Shadowlands you are much more prone to find yourself afowl of the horrid plans and schemes of the Unredeemed, or in a struggle to defend the foundations of humanity from their plots. It is quite true however that the unity of all against this sourge will not only gain us victory along side the Redeemed, but stability for those back on Rubi-Ka. It is by our unity and strength we will prevail. Both here in the Shadowlands, and upon the surface of Rubi-Ka.

Quote Originally Posted by General Hekkat View Post
    Dante, I hope your not working in that state.

If you are, just signal one of my men outside the bar, they will make sure you get home in one piece.
    NAh dode its all cooll just me an th e crew getttnig crunk ona friday WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wait ok i gota go obo thoughht itd be a goos idea to do a keg filp andd it wasn
    t .

ill beback tomorow yo!
    Last edited by Anarrina; Aug 1st, 2011 at 17:32:00. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag and removed obscenities

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast