Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have read nothing and listened to no gossip...

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post
    You know sometime I can't tell when you all are being serious or just trolling.
    im only saying people will use the setup that someone finds more effective than other setups.
    in current situation, what is the ratio of serious pvp enfos who uses lox-1hb 1he and those who doesnt?
    or shades.. lox rapiers or not. (talking about 210+ toons naturally)

more weapon/gear/perk options only make less actual setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Yes, I guess I failed to mention BALANCE anywhere in my other posts.
    nobody can balance all perks to be as usefull as every other. there will always be one that is better, and people will use that.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Jul 22nd, 2011 at 08:52:11.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    im only saying people will use the setup that someone finds more effective than other setups.
    in current situation, what is the ratio of serious pvp enfos who uses lox-1hb 1he and those who doesnt?
    or shades.. lox rapiers or not. (talking about 210+ toons naturally)

more weapon/gear/perk options only make less actual setups.

nobody can balance all perks to be as usefull as every other. there will always be one that is better, and people will use that.
    Then I guess all mmos should be deleted now, since that's a problem in all of them. And um, not everyone PvP's.

PvP'ers will always flock to the "flavor of the month", it's the nature of the beast.

PvM'ers tend to be a bit more flexible in general ( and yes of course there are min-maxer PvM'ers as well ).

Of course, one way around this would be to designate only some perks and nanos as useable against other players. Or designate a PvM dev team and a PvP dev team to each go over the perks,nanos, etc so that they would all have different stats depending on whether you were using them in PvM or against another player. For instance, weakened drains, cocoons, etc if facing another player. Then PvP would be much easier to balance as well while PvM balance would not be affected . PvP balance is the bane of all mmos that include PvP, PvM'ers get tired of their skills/abilities getting nerfed all the time because one class couldn't kill another class and cried and PvP'ers get tired of their skills getting nerfed because a PvM'er couldn't solo an "easy" mob.. PvP skills should not affect PvM, and vice-verse. Sadly, this is something most devs haven't learned yet.
    Last edited by Siahanor; Jul 22nd, 2011 at 11:59:53.

Sorry guys but the whole idea of not having profs won't work at all, not without remaking most of the items ingame. And "rebalance" won't even come close to the amount of changes that would be needed.

Want more reasons?

There would end up being even less variety of setups, as there are certain items that are more efficient than others and those items would end up being used 95% of the time.
    And many more reasons which I can't be bothered to argue about because in my opinion it's not worth arguing since FC won't use the idea in a million years.

So the intentions of the idea are nice, and it's fun to dream about it, but it's not gonna happen
    Nnivekccub lvl 220 Engineer
    Mongoose831 lvl 175+ leveling Agent
    Mongoose144 lvl 126 Agent
    Atheist tl4 leveling doc
    Platypus135 tl4 leveling sold

Leave the skills themselves alone.

Make all the skills equal in usage ability (i.e. green to everyone ).

Allow set number of skills to tag for that characters use.

Remove "professions" completely including any "profession" tags on items and equipment.

Let people make their own "profession" through their skill choice.

Profit.
    ... Sounds like The Secret World's game description.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Too complicated. For AO to become competitive again with all the trash MMO's out there, it needs to change radically.
    I propose a simple checkbox upon first login:

Do you wan't to pwn?
    Yes/No

Clicking Yes will do as advertised, clicking No will log you off and delete your account. No refund.

Honestly, the skill merging I'm not really all for, but I would like to see certain classes have more weapon options without all the weapons being blue.

Main class that comes to mind is the Doc.

I understand you're putting in a deck for them to use like an NT, but how about another weapon skill that's light green like shotgun or assault rifle. Just something other than just pistol, so those of us who don't want to be using the same thing all the time don't have too.

The idea of removing a lot of the skill only tags on some items would be nice, the biggest ones I would like to see changed are the S7 weapons. A lot of those weapons got looked over due to the profession locks, so how about you give paid players a bone here that want to try something new after 10 years and let us do that without constantly limiting our out of the box ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    perking coon, MR dof and equipping troaler and nanoing blockers and doubles.
    yay for all this variety and freedom to be unique!
    you forgot sws xi and challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Azmazi View Post
    Main class that comes to mind is the Doc.

I understand you're putting in a deck for them to use like an NT.
    yes.. you wont be able to attack and dots are also blocked. ubt+heals are only way to play with doc-cyberdeck
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    But, it could go ANY direction... you could have huge defensive builds, huge offensive builds, or just crazy debuffers... imagine a defensive build with coon+blockers+acrobat+divest+ransack+malaise/UBT+heals... lol GL killing that traderengidocadvy.
    the only effective offensive build would be nukes

Perks: acro, deceptive stance, Commanding Presence, Pistol Mastery and Lightstalker

Nanos: crat def aura, sws XI, BI, Ilc, Blockers, Blessed by Shadow, Izgimmer's Mockery, Ibehe, and Pre-Nullity Field

Setup: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=175684

nah 1hb and piercing would pistols
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 6th, 2011 at 03:13:00.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Just make every item wearable by agents and you'll see how it will go. Everybody has dreams about freedom and all that delusional hippie stuff. This game is about war. peace.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 6th, 2011 at 03:14:05.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

With no actual professions anymore, it'd actually be a lot less hassle.
    Why do you optomistic types never see the full picture?

With every MMO, 'balance' consists of each and every player having certain strengths, and certain weaknesses, depending on their breed/profession/faction/weapon etc.

When you allow the player to choose only the strengths of each profession, the ability to balance the game goes out of the window.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Nothing wrong with the current actual skills, the problem is that many of them have very little use in the game world while some are 'essential' for pvm or pvp. Tradeskills for example, unless you're a trader or engie there's not really any point to put any IP into them except for temp twinking.

If having psychology skill actually allowed you to skip some encounters, engineering skill could let you repair stuff and take various shortcuts or alternate paths because you fixed that control panel.

Underground instance where someone with vehicle ground could let you skip long walks by using some subway thingie. Hacking giving you access to more entry spots in battlestations / fixer grid... meh... so much unused potential.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor

Remove "professions" completely including any "profession" tags on items and equipment.

Profit.
    TSW is doing exactly this

Eww... Leave the skillsystem as it is... Make the "useless" skills more usefull instead.

Profit.
    You will love TSW then.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

I have read no english, and never heard it spoken :/
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by delsabre View Post
    Nothing wrong with the current actual skills, the problem is that many of them have very little use in the game world while some are 'essential' for pvm or pvp. Tradeskills for example, unless you're a trader or engie there's not really any point to put any IP into them except for temp twinking.

If having psychology skill actually allowed you to skip some encounters, engineering skill could let you repair stuff and take various shortcuts or alternate paths because you fixed that control panel.

Underground instance where someone with vehicle ground could let you skip long walks by using some subway thingie. Hacking giving you access to more entry spots in battlestations / fixer grid... meh... so much unused potential.
    Now we just need to think of something that would make twinking Swimming useful.
    RK2
    Krishina: Omni Engineer, 100/10

Quote Originally Posted by Krishina View Post
    Now we just need to think of something that would make twinking Swimming useful.
    a harder, instanced version of the muddy dryad. Water DoTs and drains nano.

Moar lava!
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast