Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: New Engineer Nano Changes!

Funcom employee New Engineer Nano Changes!

Edit!: Please use this thread in the Engineer forums to discuss the document from here on. Cheers. =)

Alright guys, you've been waiting for this one for a while now, so without any further ado I present... The (first draft) Engineer Nano Document!

Let's get the big one out of the way first:

Tradeskills: Engineer nanos will now require tradeskills to cast instead of nanoskills. This allows Engineers to be able to focus their IP better, as well as freeing up IP expenditures in the future. It's important to note that as the itemization parts of the rebalancing work have not been detailed/released yet, we will be accommodating this new method of casting nanos in the Engineer's toolset beyond just nanoprograms.

Tradeskills needed to cast nanos are as follows: Quantum Physics, Weapon Smithing, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Chemistry. You may notice Tutoring listed in the nano document, but this will not be utilized for nanocasting going forward.

Aura Changes: All aura sub-nanos (IE: on target) now require 0 NCU, as well as emergency nanos (such as the emergency blockers). This is a general design change which is being applied to all professions. All "auras" are now team-based, meaning that the nanos will only effect players within your team.

Engineer Defensive and Offensive Auras: These aura liness have been altered. Engineers now have access to two lines, one Defensive and one Offensive, and may have one aura from each line running at any given moment. The Defensive line will also run on the Engineer's pets.

Reflect Buffs: Reflect buffs for Engineers now give the same beneficial amount as Soldier reflect buffs. Duration has been increased to 4h to be in line with improvements to other professions. Due to the changes in the reflect auras, Engineers no longer have a seperated pet reflect buff line. Also, the stacking order for these buffs has been adjusted to fit with the amount buffed; the higher the buffed amount, the higher the stacking order.

Tradeskill Buffs: New composite tradeskill buff nanos have been added for all level ranges of Engineers. The Rubi-Ka tradeskill buffs have received Nano Programming as a buffed skill, and other buffs have been improved (Chemistry, Breaking & Entering).

Weaponry Buffs: New Ranged Energy and Shotgun buffs added. New combined lower-level weaponry buff; total amount of Pistol buffed remains the same as pre-rebalancing, amount of Grenade buffed has been improved. Extreme has been added to the Pistol buff line - We will most add a dedicated Grenade buff nanoline in the future as well.

Slayerdroid Transference: Amount of Martial Arts received has been buffed. Nano is now in the same stacking line as other Martial Arts buffs.

Damage Shields: Amount of damage shield provided has been increased slightly and scaled across all level ranges.

AC Buffs: Amount of NCU required has been lowered, amount has been adjusted slightly at lower levels.

Special Blockers: Special blockers have been reduced by 2 at the high end (for a total of 5) and now adds an additional 2 'normal' attack blockers. Numbers have been adjusted across all level ranges.

Team Blockers: Team blockers are no longer aura-based, and are team-based. This line no longer automatically refreshes, and is on a two-minute cooldown. At the top end, this line gives 6 special blockers and 6 normal blockers. This buff will over-write the self-cast version, and also lands all Engineer pets on cast.

Init Buffs: Init buffs have been merged into one line, and the total amount of inits buffed has been slightly reduced. Melee Init and Physical Init have been added into the init buff nanos. When cast, this line will automatically land on the Engineer's active pets.

Anchor/Recall/Beacon: All nanos in these lines are now faster to cast.

Pets: Mid-level dog has been added (replacement for "Miniaturization" nano from Scheol questline). Slayerdroid Annihilator has had its level lock reduced to 175.

NOTE: ALL pets will be reworked from the ground-up in the future, prior to the rebalancing hitting live. This entails a complete reworking of their stats to be more in-line with the power curve of players within the game. More details on this will be coming in the future.

Pet Procs: There are three new lines of pet procs: One which deals additional damage, one which taunts and debuffs reflect, and one which debuffs AR (the fullscreen 'blind' effect will be removed in the future). Only one of these procs may be active at any time and will be cast on both pets automatically. The proc has a 100% chance to land on hit - When the pet hits, the proc will go off without fail.

Pet AoE Snare: New nano. When activated, all active Engineer pets will cast a 20m AoE snare program.

Pet Heals: Healing amount increased. When cast, will effect all active Engineer pets.

Pet Damage Boost: Gives damage add and adds resistance to root & snare nanoprograms.

Pet Warp/Pet Remove Debuffs/Pet Resist Buffs: These nanos will work off of both Nanoskills OR Tradeskills, to support Engineers.

Itemization: Because items have not yet been reworked, skill requirements for casting nanos with Tradeskills have NOT been finalized. Numbers present in document are placeholder only.

And there ya go. I'm sure there'll be a lot of feedback to be had about these programs, and both Genele and myself will be hanging around the Balance Discussion forums to check in and answer any questions we're able. Otherwise, we hope you guys enjoy, and we look forward to your feedback. =)

Engineer Nano Document - Excel Format
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

in b4 you

is it still a nanoprogram if it requires tradeskills?
    Last edited by nubbs; Nov 12th, 2010 at 16:17:33. Reason: because I can!
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

Hmmm

Tradeskills instead of nanoskills is a fantastic idea. Will ease the pain of engineers who tskill, pvm, and pvp quite a bit.

Can we use team blockers and self blockers at the same time? I really don't think nerfing self ones down to 5 was necessary. Breaking through our blockers means we take huge specials, we literally have the worst evades, terrible fight escape abilities, are always perkable, and only one significant means of healing ourselves and it's in HoT form on a 5 minute timer. Based on another engi forum post it looks like our pets AR is going to come down and paired with AS going away we really shouldn't be losing fight longevity at this point. And it pretty much means our primary defense works on only one person at a time (compared to evades, heals, AMS) and if we're terrible at escaping...

Please AT LEAST change the Widowmaker mesh. Bumping things to death is realllly silly.

ISOTOS shortened to two minutes...meh. And "replacing" our hour long AR buff?

On demand, seemingly landable snare. Cool.

Not quite sure how to read the pet procs. They all proc 100%? Synchronized Capacitor Overload and frands are only damage and nothing else? Do blind procs break 100% like our blinds now?

Better pet heals. Cool.
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Nov 12th, 2010 at 17:36:09.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by nubbs View Post
    in b4 you

is it still a nanoprogram if it requires tradeskills?
    Well it's still using nanobots to actually do somethin', so yeah. ;P
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post

Tradeskills: Engineer nanos will now require tradeskills to cast instead of nanoskills. This allows Engineers to be able to focus their IP better, as well as freeing up IP expenditures in the future. It's important to note that as the itemization parts of the rebalancing work have not been detailed/released yet, we will be accommodating this new method of casting nanos in the Engineer's toolset beyond just nanoprograms.

Tradeskills needed to cast nanos are as follows: Quantum Physics, Weapon Smithing, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Chemistry. You may notice Tutoring listed in the nano document, but this will not be utilized for nanocasting going forward.
    Nice, finally something what makes sense.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Ok this seems quite intresting.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Hmm, a very interesting idea using tradeskills.

At least it will mean people arent saying theyre PvP and have no tradeskills any more
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Am I reading this correct: The top blind aura (Disruptive Void Projector) is toned down from -1210 Offense modifier to -350?

That will gimp my playing style for sure :|

Alien hunter Shinya - nano engi
    In progress Rhinoceros - Atrox crat
    Rerolled - Spaceboy - Now neutral fixer
    Nearly there Tentonhammer - Former Squad Commander of Black Faction Take care out there guys

must say all changes seems nice
    Vespersk 220/70/30 Sol
    Runordie 220/50/23 Enf
    Piskotka 220/50/21 Adv
    Vesperagent 170/40/19 Agent
    Arpi 150/30/9 Adv
    Taishasdoc220/70/25 Doc
    Bebop10 170/full/full Sol 300 ofab on
    Hoboblaster 200/full/XX Crat for S7 in progress

Looking forward to rolling an engineer now \o/
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

I love you Kintaii!!!!
    Finally the Engi is gonna be a real Engi and use Tradeskills instead of Nanoskills.. so much free IP .

Idea for new Client: When casting the bots, change the sound to hammers hammering on Metal.. then it would totally rock the house!
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Quote Originally Posted by tentonhammer- View Post
    Am I reading this correct: The top blind aura (Disruptive Void Projector) is toned down from -1210 Offense modifier to -350?

That will gimp my playing style for sure :|
    This is totaly uncalled for pvm, if it's OP for pvp make it differentiate between players/pets and pvm targets. It's acctualy one of the major tools of engineer survibility...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

EP nerf (goes to pistol buff line) will affect all and any pistol using professions. Welcome the new Caterwaul, as professions with twinked on pistols will lose from 50 upwards in buffs (Pistol Mastery), or more (advy buffs).

Also, wrangles don't have tradeskills, so bye bye trader usefulness. Mochies do nothing either, but I guess you could hunt down highbies for TS buffs...
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Oh yeah: In before NR engineers take over.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

lossing 860 -aao on the blind...ouch.
    Wont making everything tradeskill based hurt engi's on the low end? tradeskill based = not being able to, say, cast a higher pet w/a wrangle/mochams, only tradeskill buffs, which sounds like a net loss...

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Also, wrangles don't have tradeskills
    Yet.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Will Gear ingame be modified to reflect these changes in terms of aao and hp/nano etc?
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Gatta say i love the changes and looking forward to the finnished product!
    Last edited by Pusipose; Nov 12th, 2010 at 17:21:48.
    Kakadoodoo 220 Opifex MMA (Main)
    Pusipose 220 Opifex Trader (Retired)
    Robosack 216 Opifex Engineer (Retired)
    Chinpokomon2 164 Opifex Trader (Retired Twink)
    Lolnoimamp 150 NM NT (Work in Progress)

Funcom employee

From the very first paragraph:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

I do appreciate that perks are being looked at too - but hey - there's probably going to be a "Champion of Carb Making" nano line now, and otherwise any perks that might have a nano skill as attack skill will be out of reach for engies.

This sort of explains why some potentially useful engie perks / group perks that had nano skill as attack skill (Medallion, Counterweight line) that would have become possibly useful with the perk attack/defense skill check changes got changed to AR, which means they really remain quite useless for engie AR - unless every single weapon choice gets some sort of amep-like "improve your AR with tradeskills! Call today!" option.
    Ranged roxxorz!

Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast