Thread: On ranged/melee and nukes/weapons in Tir Arena

On ranged/melee and nukes/weapons in Tir Arena

Okay, I'm about fed up here. Not to the point where I'm going to start saying "FU FUNCOM! IM OUTTA HERE", but to the point where I would like to suggest a change.

The Tir arena is absolute garbage considering the amount of people that populate the city. Certain times of the day/night it is much better because far less people are doing there business around Tir. Either way, I think you should find a spot somewhere outside of the city of Tir, and place the arena there.

This is why.

A.) NT vs. Enforcer in the arena today. We both step in and I start to nuke. "Executing Izgimmer's Enveloping Flame".

Nothing is happening, I begin to take damage.

Still nothing, down to 3/4 HP.

I start to move back to the save terminal to get out of melee range.

"NanoFormula aborted.."

So now I'm down to say 2/3 so I start to cast Nullity Sphere.

Executing Nano Program: Nullity Sphere.

Nothing.

Finally it goes through. Bear in mind through all of this I haven't executed one nuke. Now in missions or things like that. I would have easily busted off about 10-15 nukes, without doubt.

Down to about 1/2 I stim and start to run towards the old whimpa location, hoping that I'm not already dead.

I get a message "Why did you run".

So I agree to rematch, although I know I can't fight in Tir.

Same thing. Rematch one more time. Same thing.

The strange thing is when I play with my doc I don't have this. My gun is popping away because it doesnt have to me manually used.

I'm just venting here, hoping that some other NT't (or other casting professions can lend some advice). I haven't lost rookie yet (thank you Slashingfred for not going psycho about me running through Tir) but I have no chance on getting Apprentice with my NT unless its in MMD or 2h0.

I forgot to mention. since LOS is so limited, ranged players have a low chance of getting a distance. And when the do they either get the range bug or the melee person jumps to 5 feet in front of them due to obvious bad server/client sync.

:P

i have the same problem in arena with my heals almost every single time i try. also, don't ya love how they can run away from you but still be shooting ya through the walls ?

Sometimes (with my soldier) when I duel I move 1 step in 0%, hit Q, walk back to 75% and I hit 1,2,3

.. oops ..

A spamscreen of 15 shots and *boom* I nearly win or I did win. Needlessly I'm a sploiter or cheater after that according to the victim, but in fact its a damn annoying part of lag.

I always feel bad after it Would be nice to move it into a less laggy area.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

I experience some of the same issues. I'll do like 9 shots worth of damage to someone all at once, hardly ever anyplace but Tir Arena.

Tir Arena is also flawed in many other ways. Holes in the invisible walls where people jump over and shoot through walls, all kinds of trouble there.

Unless I'm absolutely desperate, i won't pvp in tir arena.

As a side note, Omni arena has some weird bugs as well. The whole "Agro, zone and get shot from outside the arena" bug is annoying.

Arg
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

Well since I use the omni arena tactic I kind of like that one.. It works great for people when they try to run from a duel.

But yes, I just know for a fact I would have beated that enforcer. It sucks because I know I can nuke very very fast and when i get one nuke in after a minute and a half of fighting I feel much worse off then i did before.

Oh well, back to MMD, 2H0 and Avalon. Ill go to Tir to watch.

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    Well since I use the omni arena tactic I kind of like that one.. It works great for people when they try to run from a duel.

But yes, I just know for a fact I would have beated that enforcer. It sucks because I know I can nuke very very fast and when i get one nuke in after a minute and a half of fighting I feel much worse off then i did before.

Oh well, back to MMD, 2H0 and Avalon. Ill go to Tir to watch.
    Heheh I remember I targetted you constantly in camelot, you were in boxroom and aoe-ed and moved back again, and i tried spamming my specials to catch you Too bad ya ran deep in box everytime you were low (I was with Firerose)

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

For professions that rely on nanos as a source of damage, Tir Arena has to be the worst. For melee/short em up classes Tir Arena is your friend.

Tir Arena over all is bad, but extremely bad for professions like the NT.

Yes, that is my point and I hope that the people that I'm dueling don't think I'm just making excuses.

This enforcer I was fighting was obviously getting frustrated.. And surely though I was just scared of him. But still, he wouldn't come to MMD and fight for whatever reason so at least I tried.

Yeah Letah, I remember you. I had quite a lot of buffs that day so I didn't want to jump to reclaim to fill up my 550 or so NCU. Its hard enough getting an essence there =).

Well glad a couple of peole feel my pain. I haven't dueled in the arena since that day, and I probably won't unless it gets better.

Have the same problem with my MP in Arena.I can cast anima on my pet ok it seems but when I go to use one of the most important mp PvP nanos CoC it just doesnt work..by the tme it does fire off the ENF/MA I thought I would try and PvP for a laugh has Owned half my hp =)

hmm must do a sig

Cryfreman lvl 169 NM MP

heh nothing squeezes my tail harder than when i am dueling in tir and by the time my root comes through all the lag my target is spamming me with attacks and right in front of my face.

Casting Nanoprogram Halt Flight x 100

Please wait until previous action is finished x 8 billion (my specials have been up for the last hour, hello?? :P)
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

50% of my duels is like the one Piercingevil descibed.. and i hate it
    even if the enf/soldier is lagging ther arse of they still attack me.
    FC needs to do 2 things
    1, aouto nukeing (like the way the guns worke)
    2, do somthing to the lag in the arena
    w00p w00p!!