Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 1st, 2011 - Happy Canada Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    This is not the naked crattey you are looking for...
    ... (hopefully) it's another one...

EDIT: *shudders*
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

If they had a built in click-saver ability that doesn't spam click and made it so Inf missions could only be rolled at Ergo and Cave, I'd imagine we wouldn't have used half as many mission IDs.

But those are both good ideas, so this post should be deleted.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    ... (hopefully) it's another one...

EDIT: *shudders*
    Shudder? Excuse me? I'll have you know my mother always told me that I was a pretty little princess. And while that certainly did cause some problems, as it would for any young boy, I think it's save to say that one need not 'shudder' at the thought of me naked!

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Shudder? Excuse me? I'll have you know my mother always told me that I was a pretty little princess. And while that certainly did cause some problems, as it would for any young boy, I think it's save to say that one need not 'shudder' at the thought of me naked!
    Oh my... thanks for the pictures in my head (and just to make sure: that "thanks" was sarcasm - i can't be sure you get this...)
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

I'll take "Suckers for punishment" for 500 of your yanqui dollahs Bob
    Last edited by Dogtrauma; Jul 1st, 2011 at 20:37:54. Reason: spellings can be agreed on
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Next week we will be deploying a new version to live that we hope will fix this issue. It has a high risk factor as it touches a lot of old/awful systems that have not been looked at in years.
    *PHEAR* O.o

Rollback? Can I have tshirt this time? From last one I only have ref for charon and apartment key

Could you try it first on RK1 and if it wipes everyone, keep it out of RK2 ;D
    Last edited by Ekarona; Jul 1st, 2011 at 20:53:27.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Rollback? Can I have tshirt this time? From last one I only have ref for charon and apartment key

I third that motion!
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

removed.
    Last edited by Means; Jul 2nd, 2011 at 00:07:42. Reason: please....
    Member of Neutral Organisation: The Roots

Paid account:

Singstar1 = lvl 150 Opifex MA // Singstar2 = lvl 119 Opifex Fixer (Leveling to 220)

frOOb buffing toons:

Toppertje = lvl 178 Atrox Fixer (GA4) // Topper1 = lvl 200 Opifex MP // Topper2 = lvl 100 Solitus Engineer (Warper) // Topper3 = lvl 60 Solitus Adventurer (ToTW) // Topper4 = lvl 165 Nanomage Trader // Topper5 = lvl 112 Atrox Bureaucrat // Topper6 = lvl 121 Nanomage Agent // Topper7 = lvl 147 Nanomage Doctor // Topper8 = lvl 90 Nanomage Nano-Technician // Topper 9 = lvl 42 Atrox Soldier // Topper 10 = lvl 10 Atrox Fixer (lowbie leveling) // Topper 11 = lvl 15 Atrox Enforcer (lowbie leveling) // Topper12 = lvl 24 Atrox Enforcer (lowbie leveling)

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiler1 View Post
    Always when Means is writing stuff, it's more talkin of real life / out of office / after work.
    First writes problems then writes Real life stuff.

Means when you more like the out of work things in the country, that you can play pool, how the weather is and what you did out of your working day.

I think you must make a twitter, hyves, facebook etc etc
    And let a new person take your place who thinks real life is Anarchy Online and nothing else.

When i read your FWM, i think you don't like the game that much, you only do it because of easy job make money for living and alot of freedom in your job and most perfect after job with family.

I think alot of people who read this thinks, this person loves the after work part and work time is only because you need money for the after work things.

No offence too you, only a thing how i see it.

GL with your job, iam going to start thinking what next week will be the out of work stuff.
    Maybe you did catch a fish? Or you had a nice birthday? Or your car is damaged? Or you dreamed about a poolball?
    Yeah Means, how dare you have a life? Since we pay a monthly subscription fee I think it's not unreasonable that we demand you dump the wife and kids, get fat (to further stimulate hanging out in front of a pc) and break off all contact with the outside world.

In fact: start dating Kintaii. That way, even if you do go home, you still have no excuse to not be talking about AO even outside the office. Tip: I think he likes daffodils and long walks on the beach. And compliment him on his beard!
    Last edited by crattey; Jul 1st, 2011 at 23:33:14.

Hmmm, no mention of the problems with the Nomad Rider, why would anyone want to collect the items to spawn him when certain orgs just show up and OD everyone, then take all the loot leaving nothing for those that actually worked hard to farm all the items. Having to collect 5000 items is a joke, no-one wants to do that for zero reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    We discovered other IDs were also not recyclable in the AO codebase and were also running low.
    Does this mean in the future there will be no more missions with Kendrick Perkins?

Originally Posted by Jupiler1
    Always when Means is writing stuff, it's more talkin of real life / out of office / after work.
    First writes problems then writes Real life stuff.

Means when you more like the out of work things in the country, that you can play pool, how the weather is and what you did out of your working day.

I think you must make a twitter, hyves, facebook etc etc
    And let a new person take your place who thinks real life is Anarchy Online and nothing else.

When i read your FWM, i think you don't like the game that much, you only do it because of easy job make money for living and alot of freedom in your job and most perfect after job with family.

I think alot of people who read this thinks, this person loves the after work part and work time is only because you need money for the after work things.

No offence too you, only a thing how i see it.

GL with your job, iam going to start thinking what next week will be the out of work stuff.
    Maybe you did catch a fish? Or you had a nice birthday? Or your car is damaged? Or you dreamed about a poolball?
    Dude, do you have ANY idea how much stress Means has in his 'easy job'?
    As a member of the AO Universe team we have fairly close relations with the AO team, and I can tell you I hear stories, and we KNOW how busy he is.
    What he's doing (conciously or unconciously) in posting things about his own life is proving to the players (that's you) that he's a real person with real feelings. And it shows in the work he does for FC.
    Personally, I imagine he doens't get paid nearly enough to consider the job 'easy'.

P.S. No stores will be given out...
    >>> AO-Universe <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    .....perpective it means you guys had run through or at least taken 4.4 Billion mission IDs since launch. We discovered other IDs were also not recyclable in the AO codebase and were also running low. These IDs are associated with your characters in a table and also in your character information BLOB and as such would be a nightmare to remove. (ie: weeks of possible downtime) We managed to do something temporary during the 6 hours when the dimension was down to reclaim some IDs for use for the next month or so while we worked on a real solution...the temporary solution was a one-off that could not be done again....
    I've a question concerning this. In the QA, you mentioned that the mission ID's were unique to each person. Is that per character or per account? If it's per character, why not be able to free up additional IDs by recycling those ones that were used by deleted characters?
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Lost View Post
    Hmmm, no mention of the problems with the Nomad Rider, why would anyone want to collect the items to spawn him when certain orgs just show up and OD everyone, then take all the loot leaving nothing for those that actually worked hard to farm all the items. Having to collect 5000 items is a joke, no-one wants to do that for zero reward.
    Noone's mentioning it because it's pointless. Kintaii and Means both somehow feel the event was a great success and worked exactly as intended, so what's the point in arguing it any more?

Just resign yourself to the fact that the devs, for whatever idiotic reason, meant to do this and, according to Means, plan to do future content the same way. Basically, if you're not a 220 and/or ( preferably apparently ) a giant douchebag, the devs do not consider you as a "real" player.

The only way to solve that problem is to dump the 'lootable body' option and set a %chance of the items to spawn in your inventory based on how many birthday items you personally gave to the placeholder...

Or, make it so the top 20 characters (based on items given) that are present at the time of boss death each gain both items. (again, spawned into their inventory (or overflow) automatically).

Neither idea should be difficult to code (not I'm in no way whatsoever a coder).

Might be an option for future events like this.

For what it's worth, I've yet to get the vehicle on any of my characters, but I have farmed 4 sets of lvl300 armor in PW...
    >>> AO-Universe <<<

SOUNDS like a good time to delete rk1 and make rk2 the Only server!!!!

It is the master plan, this is just a cover up...

JFK all over again
    Rongue - 82 Clan Keeper

I think "built in click-saver" is very narrow-sighted.
    Just skip the whole step to have to roll, roll, roll and instead just pay a mission higher fee to select a targeted mission item. Type in the item you want, searchable roll list comes up, select quality, go.

4.4 Billionth! Sorry I'm late, had to reboot the universe. Searchable Mission Targets are The Future. I know. I've tasted them.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast