Thread: Too much nano spam after rebalance

Too much nano spam after rebalance

I've been reading about the nano changes and is it just me or does it seem like after the rebalance there will be much much more spamming of nanos for a lot of professions. I'm not sure how others feel about this (please tell us) but to me I think this will brake the game fun factor wise for me. Nano spam is one of the reasons why I hate playing my NT.

With all the lockouts, seems like it will actually be less spamming, or in "worse" scenario, practically the same.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Wolf can you give concrete examples?

Well, some that come to mind are Traders, Fixers, Docs, crats,mps and soldiers. Drains lasting really short, same with fixer hots, doc hp buffs, calms, debuffs and soldiers AMS, not to mention roots and snares. These are just the few I recall right this instance. It seems we will be casting all this for reduced durations thus needing to spam it more often. While I haven't studied the nano docs in details though I did read through peoples thoughts on them and a general theme that came up was needing to cast much more then we were used too.

One of the main reasons I don't like spamming nanos is because of the lag to overseas countries. Sometimes a 1s recharge nano will be done in that 1s, sometimes you see a delay of casting and recharge, and sometimes when the nano is supposed to be complete with its recharge and you try to cast again nothing will happen.
    Last edited by wolfmyth; Jun 25th, 2011 at 21:06:15.

People will run out of nano if they chain spam. The lockouts allow someone to use defensive and offensive nanos together, but if it is used too much then a person would be unable to do either.

The rebalance probably punishes more active nanocasting professions that passive nanocasters (everybody casts nanos). Because of the increased casting requirements and the increased nanocost.
    Example:
    soldier: swaps equipment for casting if needed, casts something, sits and refills nano, casts something else. Done for a while, lets go shoot the mobs, attack, recharge, attack, recharge, perks, casts defensive nano that last for a while, keeps shooting.
    mp: has more difficulties for swapping equipment, specially weapons, enters combat but looses attack pet (humping walls), 3 nukes, has no nano left, can't recast attack pet, his weapons do not hit, can't cast more nukes, can't cast debuffs, dies.

If you play other MMOs you'll notice that you're spamming buttons all the time. That's the way things now a days.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmyth View Post
    Nano spam is one of the reasons why I hate playing my NT.
    im not sure what gave you the idea that playing NT wouldn't include spamming nanos.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I'd only be happy if i have more stuff to click to pump up the intensitivity in the game, cause as it is now, all i have to do is click 1, 2 and 3 and do some perks every minute or so..

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    If you play other MMOs you'll notice that you're spamming buttons all the time. That's the way things now a days.
    I believe the OP is strictly talking about nanos and not buttons in general. Local cooldowns will partly removes that difference though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    I'd only be happy if i have more stuff to click to pump up the intensitivity in the game, cause as it is now, all i have to do is click 1, 2 and 3 and do some perks every minute or so..
    I hope we'll get a good balance between the 2. Something similar to how docs are in PvE atm seems good.
    blah

I see problems with the Nano's in acquisition to Froobs.

Yeah, I hope my first impression of the nano changes was wrong and we won't "need" to spam due to lockout times and nano cost restrictions. Some of the nanos still however seem lackluster with their very short durations in PvM, I can only hope these will be balanced better.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    I believe the OP is strictly talking about nanos and not buttons in general. Local cooldowns will partly removes that difference though.

I hope we'll get a good balance between the 2. Something similar to how docs are in PvE atm seems good.
    Yea but don't you bind nanos to buttons?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Nanos, perks, specials, items, etc have quite different mechanics. You can't smash IU+SI+DM buttons like you can with Burst+FA for example. Some prefer one over the other and it looks like the OP will rather pick the second.
    blah