Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Full Petition to bring back Arrival Hall

Yes :)

Please bring back the arrival hall ( ICC shuttle port ) and the ship crash. I feel these elements added to the story so much more.
    I remember first time playing the game asking all the NPC's what was going on and getting a great feel for the game, than going through the shuttle crash...
    I don't think it is a lot to ask for these things returned. TBH I've never gotten a good answer as to why these elements where removed in the first place.

Please.... bring back the first chapter of my favorite book.

bamp
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

/signed

I'd love to see it again, my friend has a character still logged there.
    Omni-AF

/sign
    Darktankin 220/30/70 Atrox Enforcer
    Popakap 220/23/64 Solitus Soldier
    Flagosaurus 220/27/70 Solitus Crat
    And many many more...

President of OT org The Darkside(Ex RK2)
    Protecting Rubi-Ka from terrorism since 29478

I do miss the old hall.

You have my vote on this!
    Now what?

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Please bring back the arrival hall as startup sequence.
    Including the shuttle crash. with red light and all.

Just put an option to skip it !
    exactly my thoughts! I also loved the nurse because the dialog with her explained why you can't die on Rubi-Ka ^^

Bumpety bump bump bumpety bump bump, look at bumby.. err... frosty go!!

Bamp
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer

100 % agree and support

How often do you create a char and would see that hall again ?

So you can spare 1 min or 2 to run through to the right exit or take your time and read everything or make even a video.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    This was a firm and clear answer. I'm not saying anyone should try this, but, you'd be better off campaigning for a new Game Director who "gets it" rather than spending the effort asking for something which you've been told will not happen under the current leadership.
    Perhaps now is the time to raise this issue to the new Game Director's attention and hope for a warmer reception to the wishes of the customers.

The change in game director means I will now officially stand behind this push.

[ A P P R O V E D ]
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

/Signed.

I remember logging in for the first time and entering the hall. Looking out of the window showed me a desert planet, the NPC's asking who I supported [at the time I was a die hard clan] and gave a backstory to not only each side, but the respective leaders of each side.

Right now, how many new players know Phillip or Henry, how many of them knew their stances on the conflict? The NPC did, and she was more than willing to give you walls of text of their rich history.

I also loved the airlocks, letting you walk to where you wanted to start at, at the time I started, only two were active, ICC or Jobe, but I suspect the third one could of been used for something.

The Into accident where you get shotdown was one of my favorite moments in the game, sure after my 50th character it got a bit old, but it gave you a reason for waking up on the beach instead of "teleporting" there.

I wish the Arrival hall would actually be brought back as a buffer to the Newbie Island, but Funcom has already said they wont bring it back [as a buffer].

What I suggest is more like a museum in each of the three main cities, of course each themed for their respective factions, but showing the history of Rubi-Ka and AO.

Show how AO was originally as compared to what it is today, have notes on how it was originally only supposed to last 4 years and then end, yet it still lives on 10 years strong.

It doesn't have to be the exact arrival hall, but give us something.
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU will pick up the flag and carry it forward. This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes is up to us.

Means, Game Director (2008-2011)

Originally there were Three exits:
    Red (left) for Clan.
    Center (white) for Neutrals.
    Blue (right) for Omnis.

These took the player to the appropriate starting location (Omni-1 Entertainment BY1, Tir BY1, or whereever the neuts use to start. Newland BY1 maybe?).

Later the Exit to Jobe was added.

This was when the Shuttleport was at its peak. Then they added the ICC Shuttleport and updated the Shuttleport as to somehow make it appear that's where everyone *wanted* to go, instead of crashing there.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Names added, and bump!

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Originally there were Three exits:
    Red (left) for Clan.
    Center (white) for Neutrals.
    Blue (right) for Omnis.

These took the player to the appropriate starting location (Omni-1 Entertainment BY1, Tir BY1, or whereever the neuts use to start. Newland BY1 maybe?).

Later the Exit to Jobe was added.

This was when the Shuttleport was at its peak. Then they added the ICC Shuttleport and updated the Shuttleport as to somehow make it appear that's where everyone *wanted* to go, instead of crashing there.
    Before it was to all of the backyards, but back then there was more activity now days its just to two locations Jobe or ICC starter area... which imo really isnt cool I would love to see under Lindelu's Management if they will create a better starter experience that allows everything to be used and more tutorials
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

bump

/signed

I know they are re-working the startup experience, but please make it actually look like a badass sci-fi game and not some jacked up version of Lost. First impressions...

/signed
    Dudidamage, The PvM gimp E : 220/2x (Winning)

Facebashr: you support clan or omni ? ****: meh ****: omni =P Facebashr: that leaves me no choice. You gained 120 PVP Solo Score.

Originally Posted by Krattonomic
    being born in cyro chambers or something would be awesome
    The original character creation rooms were in fact designed to look like glass walled medical labs with large robotic implanting devices ringed by tables loaded with banks of electronic equipment and assorted technology.

The first entry room was tiny, it contained a small desk and a laptop which prompted the user to input their nickname. Click on the screen and type a name and press enter and we were then insta-ported to the first level glass walled lab.

At this point we chose breed/profession and then clicked an elevator button for transport to the second level lab for face and body selection. Afterwards I think we just spawned in backyards.

Its possible to see the old character creation room by simple luck - its included as a random module in RK research facility missions. Its not possible to enter the room but it can be viewed from behind the glass wall.
    Last edited by Higain; Jan 5th, 2012 at 11:11:54.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast