Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Full Petition to bring back Arrival Hall

/sign

I never got to go there but I don't see why they should remove the arrival hall (or any content) from the game.

Even if they wanted the island to be their new showcase starter experience, they could have kept it accessible from somewhere in RK to discover, or given you some kind of choice during character creation where you were sent, or if it didn't take too long let people go through the arrival hall AND the island, even if the arrival hall was just a quick walking through, and let you get some idea of where you were going on that ship. Maybe even let you get a tiny hint of the danger of the invasion in dialogue or with a glimpse through a window.

Just don't think they should have removed it, it's not like it was horribly broken was it? Or anything for them to be self conscious about. Storyline problems are easy enough to patch up am I right? You could think of 1000 reasons they could want to cross an ocean before dropping peeps off at bor/rome/oa.

Quote Originally Posted by Seoin View Post
    or if it didn't take too long let people go through the arrival hall AND the island, even if the arrival hall was just a quick walking through, and let you get some idea of where you were going on that ship. Maybe even let you get a tiny hint of the danger of the invasion in dialogue or with a glimpse through a window.
    That's exactly what happened. You arrived in the hall, spoke to some NPCs for some simple backstory, chose to either goto RK or the Shadowlands and if you went to RK, entered a shuttle.

The shuttle would then be shot down by Aliens and you land on the island.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

/signed
    Bring Back Arrival Hall!

/signed
    omg i remember Arrival Hall and was like wtf??when the ship went down and i had to swim to the island!!
    I fell fine again. All residues from being offline are now gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    That's exactly what happened. You arrived in the hall, spoke to some NPCs for some simple backstory, chose to either goto RK or the Shadowlands and if you went to RK, entered a shuttle.

The shuttle would then be shot down by Aliens and you land on the island.
    adding to this:

you even woke up in the crashed shuttle (only emergency lightning, kind of cool) and had to get out. you came out of the shuttle some way in the water behind where one starts off today. then you had to get to the shore after talking to a nurse.
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    adding to this:

you even woke up in the crashed shuttle (only emergency lightning, kind of cool) and had to get out. you came out of the shuttle some way in the water behind where one starts off today. then you had to get to the shore after talking to a nurse.
    And adding to this, the nurse automatically started the conversation with you, and told you what to do next. Instead of the current way when people just spawn on the beach and run left clueless.

I think i already signed this, but i'm willing to sign it again as many times as needed
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

/signed
    It would be great to see the AO lore getting some much needed attention, arrival hall gives new players motive for staying!

Bump!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

bump!

this petition needs more cowbell peeps names on it.

p.s. my names already on it. no need to add it again
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

I'm all for more options to revamp the starting experience with.
    /signed
    Otaku - Teh Main!!! - 220 Fixer (Needs money)
    Dochelm - Teh Healer!!! - Doctor (WTB ADO HECK TEAM PST)
    Nikkiibenz - Teh Pr0nstar!!! - Soldier (Bein' sexy)
    Notyourtank - Teh TotW Beast!!! - Keeper (Needs moar money)
    ~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    I see a slight problem with people wearing Xan armor on top of their Xan implants and their Xan belt and Xan NCUs while toting around their Xan weapon(s)...

Not in it's old form.

Just like how once people started in backyards, once people crashed on rubi-ka in a ship. I kinda like that. Then a bunch of people started waking up on a beach running to the left.

I'd want a completely "new player experience". The old newbie island could be accessible as a relic, maybe somewhere close to the coast of peace or such or in some un-uploaded zone just like how backyards are still accessible. Same thing goes for the arrival hall, wouldn't mind seeing it return in some way... I missed out back in the day because I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be playing this game for 2000+ hours... I just... ran right past the guys and feel I missed out on that. (Make new toon, run to Rubi-Ka portal, crash, rinse repeat.)
    Just log your 220.

you know I really liked the crashing onto the planet experience, if we could get something like that or something like being born in cyro chambers or something would be awesome
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    being born in cyro chambers or something would be awesome
    Reminded me of Global Agendas tutorial level, which, coincidentally felt very rebellious and anarchic as well.
    Bringing it up for reference in case somebody wants to expand upon that idea :P
    Otaku - Teh Main!!! - 220 Fixer (Needs money)
    Dochelm - Teh Healer!!! - Doctor (WTB ADO HECK TEAM PST)
    Nikkiibenz - Teh Pr0nstar!!! - Soldier (Bein' sexy)
    Notyourtank - Teh TotW Beast!!! - Keeper (Needs moar money)
    ~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    I see a slight problem with people wearing Xan armor on top of their Xan implants and their Xan belt and Xan NCUs while toting around their Xan weapon(s)...

/signed

They need all of the pathways to lead somewhere though, currently Clan and Omni are dead doorways from the old days
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

/signed
    Menkyo Ilikedagunz2: 200/2x XP Grinding Opi MA
    Judashero: 60/6 Untwinked Trox Soldier
    Revocation: 58/6 NM Crat E
    Takainohebun: 30/3 Trox MA E
    Jeezusaurus: 21/2 Trox Enf E
    Okuiri Takainoakki: 15/2 Trox MA E
    Bachiatari: 9/1 Untwinked Trox Enf
    Peddler Itami: 5/1 Trox Trader E

Spotted an old clip of the starters area and forgot how it was like.

With a little bit tweaking this could fit back in there somewhere realy nice. Bumpididumpedy!

Bamp
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer

Badump

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast