Ipad...

...has No USB connection.

Discuss.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    ...has No USB connection.

Discuss.
    Why should it have?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I hate apple.
    Apple sucks.
    </thread>

the iPad is nothing more then an oversized Android.
    but at least the android comes with a USB 2.0 connector.
    Android also does more stuff then the iPad could ever dream to do.

the only use I can think of for an iPad, is if you're an on-the-go artist.
    other then that, you're better off with an IBM-compatible laptop
    (or MacBook if you're still a severely stubborn lamer)
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

hmmm...

Felix
    The Crat

Codeine

The Doc

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Why should it have?
    Exactly. It's perfectly capable of forming a one-way wireless connection between your wallet and Steve Jobs'.

Yep, chinese androids support 3G via external USB-dongle ;D Much better ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

You plebs know nothing. iPad changed everything.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    As a matter of fact, it really did.

P.S.
    And before you people jump on me, marking me as an Apple fanboy... I, personally, use Dell machines.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    As long as you remember that "Everything" means "Apples gross revenue".
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

I used tablet before Ipad... Is it anything more than over-grown PDA?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    I used tablet before Ipad... Is it anything more than over-grown PDA?
    Its not even that, its an over-grown iPod Touch.

Theyre quite nice, if you have a use for one, and cant find something cheaper, better and more functional.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

More and more my iPad is my go-to device when I need to do something online. I watch movies on it. Television (in fact, I no longer subscribe to cable tv). I read news with Zite/Pulse. I surf the web. Play simple games. Tons of simple activities that are a lot less cumbersome to do now that I can do them without being tied to my desk. I've honestly never felt like I was missing anything vital because my iPad lacks a USB port but then I suppose my needs are a lot simpler than some people's.

Regarding Android, I really don't think that it's quite up to the iPad standards yet. It will be one day soon I am certain, but I doubt it will be this year. I was in Best Buy earlier this week where I played with the Motorola Xoom and the Acer Iconia A-500 android tablets. Both of them had glitches during the little bit of time I played with them. Apps quit unexpectedly. Several apps had weird display problems. The Youtube app had a great deal of difficulty with a 720p video. No android tablet currently supports Netflix or Hulu, which would be a deal-breaker for me even if the devices otherwise performed flawlessly. None of them are as thin, light and comfortable to hold as my iPad, which is another deal-breaker since I read quite a bit. I did however like the tabbed web browser and the full flash support. Even though I no longer use Flash on any of my computers since the iPad taught me that I didn't need it in order to have a decent web browsing experience, I still like the fact that it is there as an option.

Reminds me of the pads in star trek
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

they're shiny and bluish glow....very good social pad

Penumbra's ----(I)cy pad....when upgraded of course ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    I, personally, use Dell machines.
    I threw up in my mouth a little
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Dell is great for my work servers and workstations, I'd never buy one for home though *vomit*.

Both my bosses wanted tablets, one of them is getting the next Xoom later this year, the other I'm getting a w500 Windows tablet. I made sure neither of them even contemplated getting an iPad. I simply asked them all the things they wanted it for and explained they couldn't do 90% of it on the ridiculous iPad.

I have a Velocity Micro Cruz Reader which runs on Android 2.0. It's not all that great compared to tablets, but its nifty compared to other readers. I've had it since Christmas and I've used the USB cable a few times since then, but it's not completely necessary. I've been able to move things back and forth between that and my computer using the SD card.

Still it does what I need it to do: functions as an ereader, plays music, and gets me to the interwebs in a pinch (provided there is a wifi connection handy). Everything else* that I need to do while on the go, my phone can handle. (the phone can do all of those other things too, its just REALLY hard on my old eyes to try and read on that little screen).

* oh except I haven't sorted out how to install AO and run on either one of them...yet!!
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

touched an Ipad, made it crash but then again, i can make everything that runs anything from Apple crash. *gives evil look at Apple store* fear my touch!

i just consider it another hype since tablets pc have long existed before it. Booting up my laptop i carry with me at all times is faster (stand by and battery life ftw!).

Tbh i don't see how it's handy cause of it's size and lack of being usefull imo. An Ipod can be carried in your pocket and Kindle is better for reading books, which leaves me to watch videos or browse the web which i prefer doing on my laptop.

++ AO runs on the laptop
    /win
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Out of polled companies in the US, 68% said they had already bought, or were going to buy tablets for their employees. 50% of those did not have any plans for what their employees are supposed to use them for.

I can see that if I was a cross between me and my dad; someone who likes to use the Internet a lot in their relaxing time and someone who spends relaxing time reclining in front of the TV, a tablet would be a useful device. I could use it while reclined in my chair, and browse the net during commercials without the weight of a laptop.
    As me, I can't see a reason to own it. As my dad I can't see a reason to own it. But apparently there are a lot of people out there who like to casually browse the internet or whatever else it can do, I can't really see what other application it would have, while lying down.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; May 26th, 2011 at 20:41:32.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast