Thread: Make Robot Instruction Discs questable.

Make Robot Instruction Discs questable.

Title says it all. Either the droprate is broken or some dev thought Improved Tango Dirks were so OP that the ability to make them should be rarer than GA4. I just want my engie to be fully capable to perform any tradeskill task no matter how mediocre. Anyway, quest gud maek impoverished django jerks 4 all. Thank you.
    On RK1: Legerdemain 220 Omni Advy - Battlestarr 220 Omni Sold - Manilow 150 Omni Keeper - Irkules 220 Omni Enf - Rancho 188-ish Omni Fixer - Legman 220 Omni Engi - Manblack 172-ish froob Omni MP - Hivvy 200 froob Omni Agent

On RK2: Kallark 150 Neut MA - Thunderballs 208-ish Neut Enf

bump!
    Cadaver Nihtilah Sanguins - 220/70/27 shade.
    Waste Technium Collector - 200 fr00b engi - RL in Froob200 \o/
    Satanic Voldrug Wrath -- Grid Benliah Vampire -- Divine Acathist Curse --

Don't devalue my stuff!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Please do this. Having an Engie at 130 running around with a 109 bot is not only shameful but a quick way to reclaim.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cogline View Post
    Please do this. Having an Engie at 130 running around with a 109 bot is not only shameful but a quick way to reclaim.
    Umm, bots are rollable or shop buyable...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Bump?
    On RK1: Legerdemain 220 Omni Advy - Battlestarr 220 Omni Sold - Manilow 150 Omni Keeper - Irkules 220 Omni Enf - Rancho 188-ish Omni Fixer - Legman 220 Omni Engi - Manblack 172-ish froob Omni MP - Hivvy 200 froob Omni Agent

Bump.

The fact that these discs only fall at or around QL60 when they are needed for QL 200 MRRs is idiotic.

Either add a quest for them, or make the discs all QL 1 "Special" with a chance of dropping on ANY Mission/Dyna bosses.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Shop buyable bots stop at Gladiator Bot (I think) in the Superior Stores. To get a QL 109 bot rolled in a mission you have to roll QL 120 or so missions and since an Engie's bot is their tank/principle weapon that can get a little tricky...
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

there not talking about engineer bots Cog, there talking about an old tradeskill tool component that gives a handy skill discount for making certain armours and allow you to make some armours that are no longer used.

Well, when I started the post I was mainly concerned with the Robot Instruction Disc (Thrusting) and also (Slashing) both of which have an extremely low or broken droprate.

I've had a few of them :P

Though Im pretty sure other than thrusting for dirks there really not that useful anymore which is a shame.

They need to make em useful again then people other than the item completionists will start farming them and thus there will be more of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    there not talking about engineer bots Cog, there talking about an old tradeskill tool component that gives a handy skill discount for making certain armours and allow you to make some armours that are no longer used.
    Oops. My bad. But then again I agree. Mould Hard Armour is nigh on impossible to get. Never seen it, never seen it sold and it's soul destroying trying to make Carb with a flamin' screwdriver!