Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell us why Anarchy Online is special to you!

Funcom employee Tell us why Anarchy Online is special to you!

This year marks the tenth anniversary of Anarchy Online, and we wanted to mark the occasion with a special project! We are preparing a special publication to mark this anniversary. We aren't going to announce all the details just yet, but we need your help to make it happen! To this end we are looking for as many people as possible to share their memories about Anarchy Online. Anarchy Online holds a very special place in many of our hearts, and we wanted to do something a little different for major milestone in the game's history. We also don't want it to just be a recounting of history, we want it to reflect the personal connections, memories and stories that have been forged by sharing our time on Rubi-Ka.

When we sat down to decide how best to mark this occasion we knew that we had to feature the community. All of you out there are the people who give the game a community, a family, and we want to get your thoughts about what makes Anarchy Online so special to you.

To that end we have a request for your input! Your answers could be featured in this very special project that will mark the anniversary.

The questions:

• Your name:
    • Your character name: (remember this information will be usedpublicly, you can provide character name or nickname if you wish!)
    • Your association with AO - player / volunteer etc (can be multiple):
    • What is your first memory of AO?:
    • What is your favorite story from your time in AO?:
    • What is your favorite location in AO and why?:
    • What makes AO special for you?:
    • What five words would you use to describe AO?:

You don't have to answer all the questions, if you just want to answer one, or more, of them, that is fine too. The important thing is to express what AO means to you!

Please send your answer to: craigm@funcom.com (yes, Silirrion couldn't resist the temptation to help mark the anniversary and is helping out with putting this project together)

PLEASE USE THE SUBJECT: AO Anniversary

DEADLINE FOR ANSWERS IS MAY 23rd

Sounds interesting. I'll be sure to send a reply when I get back from work.
    If blood is thicker than water, then you'll drown quicker than we intended.
    Tiny "Furrybubbles" Everwhere - 216 Adventurer
    Seven years in game, and still exploring. 220 can wait.

"What makes AO special for you?:"

My first MMO. You always love your first the best.

My first MMO.
    Been playing from the very beginning (with some breaks). But yeah. I always ending up coming back :P

I want to answer now but I'm on cellphone. /runz back to home in 4h. rawr
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

E-mail sent.

I did it!
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Done, also.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

done
    Morgo - 220/30/70 Enforcer

Jenji - 215/29/50 Solja

Veteran of Devil Inside - Devil Inside

Content Editor - AO Universe - For players by players

Done, although i used hotmail and i know FC doesn't like hotmail so i hope it gets through
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

AO is a huge game that one cannot beat in just a few months. There's always something else to try, something I didn't do, something I didn't see yet... There is a lot left in the game for me to explore and I've been playing for years. It's not a game that can be spoon-fed and I like that about AO.

It has challenges for those who like it hard, yet it can be played by casual gamers as well. (YMMV about what's hard and not.) The intense satisfaction of finally getting such item or getting that long longed for armor piece after 4 hours of solving twinking puzzles is strangely sweet.

Games that are too simple bore me quickly and don't provide with meaningful opportunities for feeling a sense of achievement. But AÒ does

What makes AO special, is that GM's ban you for griefing.

My first MMO - so its always special to my heart.
    Did started it out at the beta 3 stage and that was special we were only 8 ppl in Sweden ...
    So yeah there is alot of memory's...
    Quee

in one word: Roleplaying...

I've been on some other games that (claim to) have roleplay communities, but there's none so easy to get involved in as with AO. Even if you don't know what to do just ask on ooc about RP, and most likely some RP'er of ur faction will send you a tell to answer your questions, and even direct you to the proper chat channels / forum sites
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Five words are not enough =p

Just noticed it myself, so hope rising the thread once in a while as one with unread posts makes others to see it as well.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

AO is so special to me because my aunt got it for my birthday.
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Ok I'm half drunk, so no better time than now to answer this I suppose.

Did I put this post in the wrong thread or what!
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast