Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Where did your nick originate?

Where was it when I first heard that sweet sound of humility?
    It came to my ears in the god damn loveliest melody
    How grateful I was then to be part of the mystery
    To love and to be loved
    Let's just hope that is enough

iirc the idea of adding Omega + prof was something i came up with when i was first playing AO and thought : man that sounds cool and Omega means the end so i'm the last thing they see...

now i use omega, alpha, gamma to mark my toons so i know from which account they are
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

I'm a Tolkien fan, so went there for the origin of my ARKname. The original work is actually Anarríma. anar = sun, ríma = border. Sun-border. I accidently mistyped it as Anarrina, though, and so it stayed.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

I am Pinkeltje...

Except I have a Perennium Blaster.
    Pinkeltje

Your friendly little garden gnome, with red pointy hat, a pot belly and an assault rifle.

I stole mine from UT2004. I was looking through the settings, messing around with the weapon crosshairs when I noticed the Rocket Launcher's crosshair was called a Triad, and the shape always sort of appealed to me, so I thence became Triad. I add ninja to the end of my name whenever Triad is already taken up in an MMO or something.

Back in the mid 90's I was into AD&D, tabletop more than PC Games. So for years I was playing it with a group of people with a nice GM.

At the end of that decade I decided to give it a shot at being GM, so me and a friend decided to go for it. It was just me and him.

During the campaign which I had made from scratch, he had somewhat befriended a Mercury Dragon named Wyndguard.

The end of the campaign was epic, I had an army of darkness with a huge black dragon stacked against a smaller force (which my friend was part of). Just as things looked pretty grim he rolled a mofo 20, so the Mercury Dragons show up... next roll... another 20! So Wyndguard the strongest Mercury Dragon appears and offers to help my friend battle the Black Dragon (which is about 5 times larger than the mercury dragons).

Because of smaller army being overrun all the mercury dragons are engaged against the larger army, leaving my friend and Wynd to take on the Black Dragon on their own.

What takes place is the most exciting air battle that 20 sided dices could produce. He kept rolling between 18 and 20, avoiding critical hits and allowing my friend to make an almost impossible jump in mid-air, landing on the head of the Black Dragon and using his magic sword to stab the head of the dragon right through the scales and causing a fatal blow.

Oh and it doesn't end there... what happens when a huge dragon dies at a high altitude over a battlefield? it starts to dive down at increasing speed. My friend is holding on to his sword which is stuck on the head of the dead dragon while falling to his death.

Roll the dice... 20! Wyndguard makes a dive and matches speed with the falling dragon and my friend manages to jump back but the speed is so great that chances are they will crash anyways.

Roll the dice... 20! Son of a gun has the luck of the Irish and he is Jewish! Both he and Wyndguard pull up in time by a few feet while the dead dragon lands on the larger army causing a devastating blow against them.

The tide turns and the enemy is defeated in the end. Not quite what I had originally planned, what was supposed to be a 2-part campaign ended up with 1 part of awesomeness.

I could not forget the Mercury Dragon and it's name (which I had just randomly created) so when I started playing online games, my nick was Wyndguard and when I formed a guild it would be with the name Mercury Dragons. In Dragonrealms (MUD) and Asheron's Call that was my name (and the name of my guild). I came to AO during the beta days in '01 and had the name, however when it went live in June of that year some *%#@! had stolen my name so I had to settle for Windguard (my first toon, Nanomage Agent). Because I was so much into the RP aspect of AO (and I was unable to let go of the name itself) I ended up creating Windguaerd (Opifex Agent, got the breed right the second time) as the "son" of the my first toon.

I've been Windguaerd for several years now and it's become my online nick across the web.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Spaltazar is a name I used when I was active as a progressive house DJ and has followed me into online gaming. Will try to explain it :

"Spalta" - That's short for split personality in Norwegian (so I could adapt to the playstyle of the people I played for)
    "Balthazar" - was a cartoon I remembered from when I was a kid about a professor who made a perpetual motion machine (used that since I played all night long! )

The name is obviously a combination of those two and has stayed with me for many, many years. People even call me by it IRL lol.
    Spaltazar (220 / 28) Enforcer
    Spaltacrat (220 / 30) Bureaucrat (e)
    Sugarmama (220 / 24) Adventurer
    Engintonic (220 / 30) Engineer
    Resept (220 / 30) Doctor
    -- Proud General of Ancarim Iron Legion --

****e can
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

I took the Aiken nick from one of my favourite series of books by Julian May - The Many Coloured Land, King Aiken Lugonn - The Non-born king. Ace set of books with a theme of higher mind powers, time travel, politics & all that kinda good stuff
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Embarassingly i have to admit Jesharet and Neista came straight out of the AO name generator (hey i was a new player at the time)

Quellist and Quellcrist come from Richard Morgan's Altererd Carbon sci fi series

Alienhunter came about the day AI was released and i wanted a character based on Samus Aran, sadly her name wasnt available

Moonglum is straight from Michael Moorcock's 'Elric' series

So i guess i'm too much of a sci-fi and fantasy geek...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    I took the Aiken nick from one of my favourite series of books by Julian May - The Many Coloured Land, King Aiken Lugonn - The Non-born king. Ace set of books with a theme of higher mind powers, time travel, politics & all that kinda good stuff
    Lies! It came from Clay Aiken and we all knowz eet!

Also, The Many Coloured Land is one of the best serious of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Noticiero - I originally created him to be just a lvl 8 RP Reporter to interview other Roleplayers in Atlantean (RK1) and write some fictional articles. I wanted to represent my Latino roots, so decided to name him Noticiero, which in Spanish means "Newscast". After the third year I figured that leveling him up a bit wouldn't hurt. and somehow I ended up liking being a crat and became my second 220.

Atreides - Originally named Windkeeper, was created as the "cousin" of my main, Windguaerd. The purpose for his creation was to try and take my org (Mercury Dragons Clan) in a different direction Roleplaying wise. It didn't work out the way I planned, later on switched back to my main as org leader. Because when the option to change my toon name came up during the German players moving, I renamed him Atreides since I thought his name was just to "Windy". I really liked playing the Keeper and he became my third 220.

Titan - I parked this name during the same time I had renamed my Keeper and had only the intention to have a lvl 10 Enforcer in full Mercs armor just for fun. Unfortunately due to some issues that happened this year there was a need for a 220 Enfo in our org, so I went and powerleveled him, thus becoming my fourth 220.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

i was labled with the nick cdogg when i was a little kid hanging out with the older kids, c being the initial of my first name. really not much else to say about it.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Was trying to think up a silly name that would make people laugh and that could be had fun with.

So... okay.... here's me.

My main is called Nosgoth. I was bored from playing Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain back in 2002 when I started playing AO (and rerolling my completely f*cked up Nanomage Advy called Regarok, a name I made up just to have a name). As I came to character creation I thought about some names for my new shiny Opifex Advy (Omg! Fex Advy! And Ranged from the start except for about 3 months in 2003) and all I could come up with was Nosgoth, after the land where Legacy of Kain plays.

Later on there were some other chars like Semiramis (an antique queen of don't-know-where), Curata (for my small Doc-Twink, from latin "curare"=to heal) and another name from a landscape, this time for my Enf-Twink and he's called Remnans (5 credits for the one who can tell me from which game. :P ).

Nothing too special about mine.

Regidoc - Registered Doctor, don't ask me why since I honestly regret it now

Infinitenull - My first character, an enforcer. I've used the name in various other avenues and just liked the sound of everything and nothing.

Daeminess - My adventurer. I don't remember exactly, been too long

Pheramoan - One of my traders. People were always searching and looking for traders, figured pheromones were attacting them :P

Preytorian - My keeper. I wanted Praetorian, which was taken of course, so I used a similar spelling.

Miissy - The name of this one has the most story behind it. If anyone remembers Veldron/Ashval, he first started out as Braedon, the then president of Valor Eternal. He was getting ready for his first DJing gig with Gridstream Productions and other folks in VE made up some alts to cheer him on. We named ourselves the Opi Cheerleaders and we all rolled the female opi's with the bald heads and white pig tails. We also gave each other similar cheerleader names. I tried for Missy, which of course, was taken so I had to try for something close.

Telemarketer - My lowest alt and second trader. More of a lowbie tower twink I guess, although my twinking abilities are much to be desired. Made her because telemarketers are so damn annoying (as are lowbie traders in PvP).
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Gora View Post
    My first meaningful toon was an MA on RK2 named Gorathona, as in the feminine form of Gore-athon, a mass festival of gore. I was lucky enough to join The AGP and my nom de guerre quickly became "Gora," which then became the basis for all future AGP toons: Goratinkr the engi, Gorastrikr the Subway Workman Striker Clone twink, Gorastopr the doc, etc.

It didn't feel right to bring the Gora convention to RK1 so I intentionally named all of my toons differently. Unda the engi is meant to be punny because her name is Elizabeth "Unda" Weir. Unda Weir, get it?

Best,
    Gora
    <3 Gora
    Orgs vitually-dead (get it? virtually?) now,

My name?
    Well the "AGP" bit of it came up when we we're looking for a tag that me and my RL friends could all wear that would 'group' us together. I liked the sound of AGP, and we ran with it.
    Ecko? was pretty much just a copy of the Pelican drop-ship in Halo: CE (Echo 4-19 [four-nineteen]). But I preferred the 'Ecko' instead of Echo. So it stuck.
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Well, my main is an engineer. When I first started him, I was thinking, "Dilbert!". Taken. So, I tried some variations, and they were taken. Then I thought, "Wally is an engineer too, right?" so I tried that. Nope. Then I combined them, Wallybert. I thought, "Pretty good, but it needs a little something more. Hmm, Omni start in Rome, right? How about a nice Roman -us at the end?" -us became -ius and Wallybertius was born. My others have stories, but not as involved. Nanozombie is a nanomage MP, and looks kind of like a zombie. Duodec is an NT, makes things go boom, and is named for a powerful explosive from an old space-opera series of books. Some of my others are named more for what they do than who they are, like Speedrun - Fixer, Drainemdry - Trader, Magenfo - nanomage Enforcer (I know, everyone has an Enfo with Enf or Enfo in its name), blah blah blah. I'm still proud of having an actual name instead of just a description for my main. It's hard to come up with names!
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Pop eyes didnt put gravy on my mash potatos soo... Lackogravy!
    Tsume cause of wolfs rain <3!
    Nomorenano/Lackofnano are obvious
    Lackofcredz I had 12 creds after equiping my crat :<
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast