Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 22nd, 2011 - Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Trader DD isn't bad at all in pvm. +Umbral +Team nano +AC debuffs +CC tools, certainly a must in a good team
    Lol'd

After thinking about it, I'd like to modify my questions a bit

1. Is it 3 teams versus each other or 3 raids versus each other? As in, 6 vs 6 vs 6 or 36 vs 36 vs 36?

2. Is there a way to get to the boss for loot if you had to use your doc or DD or whatever but needed loot on an MP alt for example?

The questions I asked earlier were a bit "off" because I had it in my head that all 3 teams or raids would be having DD wars on the same exact target. But since it seems all 3 are divided into different areas, then it's only a matter of who finishes their area first, rather than who does most damage on a single target.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Awesome idea!
    And while speculating about new loot.. we still want to see CHAINSAWS as a new 2he!

Its very very refreshing that we are seeing so many positive posts about this new PvM encounter. It seems PvP has been the dry push for so long but everyone is stoked about this new Pande idea. **** yeah!

<3 PvM

Gotta love being mp..

And it will complement well the coop pvp raid (42).

So will we see Omni bot vs Clan bot vs 'damn that org' ?
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    Lol'd
    You are welcome to support the trader community with ideas how to improve our DD.

There is the suggestion thread. Otherwise kindly move your trolling elsewhere.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    3 Towers, accessed through killing a miniboss in one of the end-passages of Pandemonium. On the death of the miniboss three portals will open and the competitors will be able to decide which tower they would like to challenge. The three towers will be identical...with only the group to reach the top floor first being able to challenge the final boss. The start of the ascent will begin at the same time for all three locations...who will win access will come down to the group with the best team DD, Crowd control and teamwork. It wont be that easy on it's own...but getting there first will add a certain element to the experience. I can't wait to see how this turns out.
    Will there always need to be 3 groups participating to even get access to towers? Will there be a raid lock out added to it or will minibosses just be on a respawn timer and how long if so?
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Wink

Iam not sure that iam and many more players are interested in an encounter whichs chance to reach the end boss and get something off it´s loot is only 3:1!!!

This is a real waste of time!

Think about that !! No chance to see end boss and its loot a lot of times is not a good promotion for a new encounter!

I think it would be goot to have three end bosses from differned kinds and hardnesses.
    So the best team would be able to force the big boss with the best loot or the best chance for a very rare nodrop item dropp and the second and third team lower bosses on their stage.

So noone will be pissed in the end if he or she is not able to face the end of a long time of killing mobs for nothing and many players will join this raid again and again.

Just increase the bot drop rate to 100% on both ground AND ship bosses in AI city raids (with a percentage change for which bot drops). It would help with the complaints of the current FUBAR with the economy too. Everyone could wear a full set of spiritual armor of any QL for under 1mil!

Seriously though, something desperately needs to be done about the current state of the economy & the terrible drop rate of bots, which is just making the market prices to buy the armor or bots for the armor beyond ridiculous. No one should need to empty out multiple froob accounts with maxed creds in order to get a full set of ql75 (or 225 or 300) armor.

Quote Originally Posted by folofal View Post
    Awesome idea!
    And while speculating about new loot.. we still want to see CHAINSAWS as a new 2he!
    Would they need to add chainsaw fuel in the ammo shops?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    just increase the bot drop rate to 100% on both ground and ship bosses in ai city raids (with a percentage change for which bot drops). It would help with the complaints of the current fubar with the economy too. Everyone could wear a full set of spiritual armor of any ql for under 1mil!

seriously though, something desperately needs to be done about the current state of the economy & the terrible drop rate of bots, which is just making the market prices to buy the armor or bots for the armor beyond ridiculous. No one should need to empty out multiple froob accounts with maxed creds in order to get a full set of ql75 (or 225 or 300) armor.
    This
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline
    1. Is it 3 teams versus each other or 3 raids versus each other? As in, 6 vs 6 vs 6 or 36 vs 36 vs 36?

2. Is there a way to get to the boss for loot if you had to use your doc or DD or whatever but needed loot on an MP alt for example?

The questions I asked earlier were a bit "off" because I had it in my head that all 3 teams or raids would be having DD wars on the same exact target. But since it seems all 3 are divided into different areas, then it's only a matter of who finishes their area first, rather than who does most damage on a single target.
    Would definately like answers to these questions. Although that being said it kind of seems like in a situation like this, where DD would be paramount, the 'loved' professions are just going to be chosen even more, or teams would simply go without said love professions would simply lose. Seems like either way it could be more of a case of 'the rich getting richer.' If alts were allowed to loot then everyone would log their toon for the raid then just log off later, excluding certain profs or people without alts from getting teams. If it were the opposite and you couldn't get people in to loot then we'd have the same scenario we have now with the collector, which is hardly anyone doing it; or hardly anyone doing it besides a few people, depending on how lucrative the loot is. Kinda seems like damned if you do, damned if you don't, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmo View Post
    Iam not sure that iam and many more players are interested in an encounter whichs chance to reach the end boss and get something off it´s loot is only 3:1!!!

This is a real waste of time!

Think about that !! No chance to see end boss and its loot a lot of times is not a good promotion for a new encounter!

I think it would be goot to have three end bosses from differned kinds and hardnesses.
    So the best team would be able to force the big boss with the best loot or the best chance for a very rare nodrop item dropp and the second and third team lower bosses on their stage.

So noone will be pissed in the end if he or she is not able to face the end of a long time of killing mobs for nothing and many players will join this raid again and again.

Did you realize that playing a computer game it self is a waste of time?
    I play it for fun.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Why there no agent docs!
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I had to lol at this question. Do you think you can get 108 people to run it at the same time considering how hard it can be to get BS running! I'm not even sure that 6 v 6 v 6 is realistic based on what I have seen lately.

who will win access will come down to the group with the best team DD, Crowd control and teamwork.
    DD and CC - sounds like a job for team of crats!

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    I had to lol at this question. Do you think you can get 108 people to run it at the same time considering how hard it can be to get BS running! I'm not even sure that 6 v 6 v 6 is realistic based on what I have seen lately.
    Maybe because you are comparing it with the population for a PvP instance?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    If you expect it to function in the same way as BS then I'm not surprised you don't think it would work. This isn't BS

Getting 70-100 people to do Tara isn't hard and that's only with clan. If omni and neutral were to join in (like they will with the new pande), then we could easily get way past the 108 number.

When we do s42, we often got an average of 12 teams going. And again, that's just clan. If omni and neutrals were to join in (as they will with the new pande), then we could easily get way past the 108 number there as well.

Granted, these days AO's population is getting so low that it would be very hard to max out 3 full raids every day (or even a couple times a week) without the support of point-bots where people get points just for attending that can be used both at new pande and s42 and instanced pande and so on.

How many people will show up for this new pande thing depends entirely on the loot offered in this place. If this loot is "required" for all/most endgame toons then all factions will eventually get their NW-bots or PvM-bots or org-bots or whatever to go and then it will be bot vs bot. Sometimes a guild or a collective of guilds will take the third path to try and beat the "noob point bots". And then we would have anything from 4 to 6 teams per side.

But again, this all depends entirely on the loot. If the loot is "meh", then 6 vs 6 vs 6 is fine (but then this new pande would also have to be silly easy and fast to do or else no one would ever do it because of time-reward factors). If this loot will be just as important as pande loot is today, then we would need a much bigger cap than that.

Personally, if this new pande is similar in difficulty and time spent as instanced pande is today, then I think 3-4 teams is an ok max limit. Would probably be hard to fill 6 teams anyway. Also, I generally feel it's better to have the cap a bit lower than what the faction with lowest number of players are able to muster up. Because I want one faction to win because they played better and not because they were able to bring 6 teams while the other faction only could bring 3 or 4.

Anyway, I'm just curious what FC have planned when it comes to stuff like this, which is why I asked
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Apr 23rd, 2011 at 00:17:49.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

My first impression is that I'll never see the end of this content as a non-DD profession. I hope the towers are difficult enough to require a doctor, or else I kinda doubt I'll ever find a team.
    `((((
    `(. .)
    ((
    v )) Kimarzt
    .m m 220/30/70 Doctor :: First and Only Doctor to Equip Hatred of the Xans :: First Doctor with Sword of Dusk

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Getting 70-100 people to do Tara isn't hard and that's only with clan.
    Oh, I guess Tara has gained more participants again. Last time I heard anyone talking about it was them complaining that only 18 people total showed up. I guess I will try to join in again to see the current numbers.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast