Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Nano-Technician Nano Document Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    To put it into MP terms. (a bit tricky, so bare with me) Imagine if your no-longer had control over your attack pet and it only attacked your attack target.
    MP's and likely Engis and Crats would LOVE this!

Quote Originally Posted by swedoc View Post
    We are not FORCED to press q, so don't if you want to look around
    If they re-introduce weapons to the NT and revisit our damage/abilities to reflect the fact NTs will be expected to fight like all the other professions.
    Then to be effective as an NT it may become necessary to use Q in all activities save kiting.

Take an example of the opposite :
    If i gave Soldiers a nuke that increased their DPS - but Soldier's don't like nuking, don't wanna "Be just like NTs, they just want Guns" sure they don't have to cast it; but what if i lowered their weapon damage because with the nuke also their DD was too high.
    Then soldiers who don't nuke would be missing out a great deal of their damage and will be penalised for being turned into NT-like thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    MP's and likely Engis and Crats would LOVE this!
    Ugh... Well when i was an MP i personally liked being able to control my pet from a distance or fight two things at once between myself and my pet. I liked to use /hunt too.
    Maby its just me.

So, bad example - fine if you say so; but i'm talking about the removal of a freedom you currently take for granted. How about the fact you can control who your heal pet heals then?
    Or that your heal pet will heal you while your not in combat.

Imagine what it would be like to lose something so fundemental to your profession's gameplay that you never even considered that losing it would be a problem until they decided to "Improve" it.
    I may not be able to produce an example for you - but thats what it will be like going from NT gameplay as it currently stands and something like the inverted doctors we will become.

You know what the huge difference between those things are?

A NT's camera angle, barring an insanely cluttered and messed up GUI or a view that is waaaay too zoomed in, is not going to cause a threat to your or your team's health. It's a matter of aesthetics.

Anyways, it's not something I want to argue over. I just found it funny that THIS is something that is actually of a concern to NT's. I wish MP's only had such trivial things to worry about.

A NT's camera angle, barring an insanely cluttered and messed up GUI or a view that is waaaay too zoomed in, is not going to cause a threat to your or your team's health.
    Actually it might. It's much harder to detect and select dangerous mobs that need to be calmed when you keep pointing in a certain direction.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    Actually it might. It's much harder to detect and select dangerous mobs that need to be calmed when you keep pointing in a certain direction.
    Hence my statement about being too far zoomed in or a messy GUI.

You know what the huge difference between those things are?

A NT's camera angle, barring an insanely cluttered and messed up GUI or a view that is waaaay too zoomed in, is not going to cause a threat to your or your team's health. It's a matter of aesthetics.
    Did you just not read what I and several other NTs described as a very useful and unique part of NT game mechanics that we're not auto-attack locked to a single target?

We're not lying here and frankly I'm a little insulted that you feel compelled to disregard my viewpoint. Especially when we've had testamony from several others to prove i'm not the only one who finds being able to orient my character in battle makes NT nanocasting more freeform and effective.

Anyways, it's not something I want to argue over. I just found it funny that THIS is something that is actually of a concern to NT's. I wish MP's only had such trivial things to worry about.
    Please go back to the MP forum then if you don't care about the NT profession nor wish to discuss and learn about it.
    Its clear you don't understand NT gameplay if your unable to grasp the gravity of what i've tried patiently to describe to you and by your tone, evidently have no love for the profession.

Its clear you don't understand NT gameplay if your unable to grasp the gravity of what i've tried patiently to describe to you and by your tone, evidently have no love for the profession.
    You're right. My NT is only 216 at the moment, and I've only done the Ado brain, Scheol, Pen Xan, 2 Inf quests, quite a few Inf missions, dailies, etc, but in that short time I've learned that when I scroll my mouse wheel in one direction, my camera zooms out, allowing me to see mobs that may run up behind me, from the side, or from the front. Also, since December I've been playing on a giant 11 inch laptop screen.

I don't question that you view it as some fundamental part of the NT profession. I'm just saying, as I said before, that I wish my toon looking in one direction was one of the biggest problems facing (no pun intended!) my profession. I guess I should say I'm happy for you that your profession didn't get beat down by the rebalance.

I wish you the best of luck if they force you to face your target. They shouldn't force you to move your camera which takes a split second.
    Last edited by Johnnykay; May 6th, 2011 at 01:37:49.

Whatever, in pvp we always pressed q (unless you wanted to look like yet an other tripplzor nub), so yeah it's rather trivial.

Only time you wouldn't press q would be against trader, and yet it would depends how long the fight would last. ^^

You're right. My NT is only 216 at the moment, and I've only done the Ado brain, blah blah etc etc...
    Interesting. Perhaps i'm wrong in assuming all NTs do this to some degree then. As this would make you the first i've heard who actually never does it at all.

Well in that case I'm sorry you've apparently been missing out all this time - as no amount of "scrolling out" would let me during battle, look around corners inside dungeons. Or make distant mobs/players actually bigger and easier to identify/target.

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post
    Whatever, in pvp we always pressed q (unless you wanted to look like yet an other tripplzor nub), so yeah it's rather trivial.

Only time you wouldn't press q would be against trader, and yet it would depends how long the fight would last. ^^
    For the purposes of better targeting above i mentioned, I only use Q in PvP when there is the potential for my target to conceal or mech/unmech So Agent/Shade obviously and anyone i've come to learn has IP in conceal. Or if mechs are in use in the area.

I wouldn't call this matter trivial, as being weaponless and the freedom it brings is something which makes the NT distinct. I always try to fight to preserve our originality.
    But granted it wouldn't be the end of the world if the proposed change to make NTs weapon dependant went ahead.

For the purposes of better targeting above i mentioned, I only use Q in PvP when there is the potential for my target to conceal or mech/unmech So Agent/Shade obviously and anyone i've come to learn has IP in conceal. Or if mechs are in use in the area.
    I wish more people I dueled would allow me to sit and use my vet heal clinic to heal 50% of my HP during the fight

I wish more people I dueled would allow me to sit and use my vet heal clinic to heal 50% of my HP during the fight
    I've never really experienced people doing that while i don't doubt its possible.
    I'm actually surprised i've not encountered it before now you mention it; but then again only 20% of people i root seem to have FM Stims.

Then again i'm not a much of a dueller, perhaps its more common practice there - my PvP is usually BS or towers where folks have more than just me to worry about.

Would be interessting and maybe not that funny to play NT :/
    Last edited by Anonemuss; May 9th, 2011 at 06:57:20.

clearly, johnnykay has an mp, and jumped on nt bandwagon cuz of the first round of rebalance to mps....=(

I've never really experienced people doing that while i don't doubt its possible.
    I'm actually surprised i've not encountered it before now you mention it; but then again only 20% of people i root seem to have FM Stims.

Then again i'm not a much of a dueller, perhaps its more common practice there - my PvP is usually BS or towers where folks have more than just me to worry about.
    Yeah, NTs and traders are the 2 profs that forget to q often. When dueling them, I always watch to see if I can slip in some virus scanners for the trader, or heal myself up vs an NT. The only reason I *wouldnt* q on my nt, would be if I was fighting multiple people, all rooted, and I needed to be able to watch them all without my camera flying around. Other than that situation, I always q, because the nanodeck is bad enough that theres no chance if breaking your roots, and if someone motrs out of roots, or you are a tad bit slow on the rerooting, they wont be able to heal up with a pack.

Quote Originally Posted by ameratsu View Post
    clearly, johnnykay has an mp, and jumped on nt bandwagon because MP's are useless in pvm....=(
    Fixed.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned (sorry, this thread is very long), but I noticed that nukes now check against 100% NR, rather than the ~53% currently. That's fine for PVP, but for PvM, there are many mobs with nil evades and high NR. Nukes are our only source of damage, so it would make sense that we can almost always land our normal nukes, just like how weapon-based professions can almost always land bullets/slices.

If need be, as it is now, we can cast our NR debuff so we can land things like the DoT or blinds or something. After rebalance, we won't be able to debuff NR nearly as effectively, and the 100% NR check on our normal, base nukes will be brutal against mobs that have high NR. We'll be hitting 70% of the time while other professions will be hitting nearly 100% of the time (since tough mobs tend to have nil to middling evades and high NR, as I mentioned earlier).

The results of this will be that we'll have to super-twink MC to land anything, while other professions can just go about their business with bad AR and land hits just fine (in PvM).

I can see some workarounds: nerf NR on mobs to be more in-line with their evades, give us back good NR debuffs--PvM only--that can be put on the mob quickly at the start of combat, or balance our DPS around a low hit rate.

I'm aware we don't have the full or final picture yet, so feel free to correct me if I'm missing something.

In the future nukes won't be our only source of damage though, as cyberdeck will become a kind of weapon.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by kresske View Post
    The results of this will be that we'll have to super-twink MC to land anything, while other professions can just go about their business with bad AR and land hits just fine (in PvM).
    Compairing us with other professions generally doesn't work ; we don't play within the same mechanics. Just accept it. It actually doesn t matter at all. View it like you are special. Yes you will have to twink MC, and it's even more dramatic then you might think : on top of allowing us to LAND our nukes, higher MC will actually means HIGHER DAMAGE PER NUKE.

Weapon profession doesn't need lot of AR to land their regular hit. And because weapon's AR are capped, more AR doesn't mean bigger hit for em so they then have to twink +crit or +dmg instead of AR.

So what ? Can't you just enjoy being special and stop worrying ?

Red face The "auto face" thing

What if FC would implement the option "auto face ON/OFF" in the options menue?
    This would be freedom of choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Nukedukednw View Post
    What if FC would implement the option "auto face ON/OFF" in the options menue?
    This would be freedom of choice!
    Yes - unfortunatly i don't think they'd like to give us this option because it would lead to many bizarre visuals.

Its fine if i can face away from you but still kill you with "magical nanobots" there is no conseptual need for an explination.

But Soliders would be able to shoot through themselves or sideways to hit things and martial artists would be able to punch the thin air "next to" their targets; or even look like they're pummling something entirely different to their actual target.

It only isn't an atrocious bug for the NT because my attack is just me waving my hands about and nobody cares much that the visuals don't line up - hell; more often than not people don't even see the effects i produce.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast