Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Nano-Technician Nano Document Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Edited the first two posts a bit - Reordered a few things, added in a little information, etc. etc.

You guys have been asking about the inability to cast blinds/roots/calms while under NS1 - Blinds and calms are debuffs and, at that point, are 'hostile actions'; blinds do -AAO while calms do -inits (in pvp), so both are more offensive than defensive. The fact that blinds and calms cannot be cast while under NS1 is intended.

Roots, however, are a purely defensive action - They do not debuff anything other than the target's ability to move, and are rather critical to the 'escaping' portion of what NS1 should allow. With that in mind, NT root nanos now require TS/PM instead of MC/TS, which will allow them to be castable while under NS1. =)
    Now go update MP nanodoc!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

NS1 is reflects, NS2 is DtN. You figure out when to use it - I personally will be farming NS1 for my NT shortly, maybe this weekend when I have time to waste like that. Or I'll buy it, whatever. Point is I do see a use for having both.

In regards to NTs running out of nano: to never run out of nano while fighting someone without using your NS2 is silly. Melee and ranged run out of perks and have special recharges. Their defenses are exhaustable as well, and acrobat perks, while cycled, don't affect that person's NR.

Quote Originally Posted by Waahash View Post
    NS1 is reflects, NS2 is DtN. You figure out when to use it - I personally will be farming NS1 for my NT shortly, maybe this weekend when I have time to waste like that. Or I'll buy it, whatever. Point is I do see a use for having both.

In regards to NTs running out of nano: to never run out of nano while fighting someone without using your NS2 is silly. Melee and ranged run out of perks and have special recharges. Their defenses are exhaustable as well, and acrobat perks, while cycled, don't affect that person's NR.
    Don't be thick, we shouldn't ever run out of nano from standard nuking and rooting and debuffing activities, short of some added exterior actions like nano drains, high dd dumped into our DtN, etc... No one is asking for everlasting nanos whatever the duck.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Not an appropriate comparison at all, especially for PvM. If a melee or ranged prof has all perks in recharge, that's fine, the vast majority of their DD comes from their weapon and specials. If an NT runs out of nano, we have almost NO DAMAGE WHATSOEVER. We'd have perks. That's it. Also, saying that perks and specials in recharge is like us being out of nano is also ridiculous. They'll much sooner come out of recharge than an NT will have nano back to cast.

Yeah, this is a ridiculous comparison. Nano is the NT's ability to do everything that they can do, that means attack, defense, buffing, support, etc, everything. NT's have perks like everyone else, and they have perk recharges like everyone else...the only viable comparison to nanopool is weapon ammo, and we all know where that comparison leads us...

I'd love to see our regain buffs be effected by our Nano delta.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Sorry about my absence, Kintaii broke my forum account on the first and I only just now got a temporary replacement. I'll have to catch up properly tomorrow :|
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 29, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Funcom employee

dude how many times do i have to apologize here
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    dude how many times do i have to apologize here
    well it's Masta we're talking about, so....4, 4 more apologies, or 4 years of him being mad at you. ( personally I always go for the 4 years )
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroatheist View Post
    the only viable comparison to nanopool is weapon ammo, and we all know where that comparison leads us...
    Nano is more powerful than bullets, that is why you run out.
    why use bullets if they do less damage and is as easy as nukeing?

To have balance in a system you need powerful things to be limited.
    I hope you understand that concept.
    Nano >>>> bullets
    Can you make a shield with bullets?
    Can you debuff with bullets?
    Can you have a higher DPS with bullets than nano?

so no, I think comparing bullets to nano is unreasonable as comparing heat to electricity.
    You can use electricity for A LOT of things, while heat can only be used for warmth.
    They are both measured in watt though, and electricity -can- be used for heating.

So I will encourage every NT to get over the "nano is our bullets, we want an unlimited amount"
    If bullets are so over-powered, then get an assault-rifle for your NT, no one is hindering you in doing that.
    You choose the cyberdeck?
    that is a choice -you- make.
    Don't come complain about it afterwards.

I find the nano = ammo argument rather lacking scope of what nano can and what bullets can't.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

(just for fun)

well, let's see..

my 170 NT has about 10k nano

I bet you have more bullets

1 of my nano does, well, 0 dmg.

1 of your bullets can take away 30% hp.

yet, I run out of nano, you probably have a spare 50k box of bullets.

so, let's just give us a chance to carry a spare 50k box nano and call it even

OR

let's make it where every shot you take costs you 1500 bullets, and make boxes unique
    T O O N Z:

Seems like a pretty easy solution then is not to cast shelter or DtN nanos. DtN helps you not run out of life by sacrificing nano. Life or hitpoints being more important than nano obviously. Otherwise DtN would be damage-to-nothing; which is what's being asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    So I will encourage every NT to get over the "nano is our bullets, we want an unlimited amount"
    If bullets are so over-powered, then get an assault-rifle for your NT, no one is hindering you in doing that.
    You choose the cyberdeck?
    that is a choice -you- make.
    Don't come complain about it afterwards.

I find the nano = ammo argument rather lacking scope of what nano can and what bullets can't.
    You're right that nano can do more than bullets can. Nevertheless, without nano NTs can do next to NOTHING. Don't say we can still do stuff with no nano because we can use weapons like all the other profs. NTs don't have support for weapon specials, or most weapons, and have terrible effective AR. Without nano and using the best damage weapons and setup we'd still have s*** damage. Other profs don't have that problem nearly so bad as NTs when they run out of nano.

There's a reason NTs have nano regain and cost reduction nanos as well as many nano regain perks. It's because it's meant to be very difficult for us to run out of nano, and there's no way around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcradle View Post
    Seems like a pretty easy solution then is not to cast shelter or DtN nanos. DtN helps you not run out of life by sacrificing nano. Life or hitpoints being more important than nano obviously. Otherwise DtN would be damage-to-nothing; which is what's being asked for.
    What's being asked for is a lower DtN ratio. So you know, we can have some legitimate tanking capability like we were designed to have. Oh yeah, you make a whole lot of sense. "If you don't want to run out of nano AKA be worthless, never cast 2 entire nanolines LOLOLOLOLOLOL." Jesus Christ.

So team a trader and then you won't run out, or run out as easily. Jesus christ...

So team a trader and then you won't run out, or run out as easily. Jesus christ...
    So now you think NTs should always be in a team with a trader to actually achieve goals they were meant to do, such as tank and do damage? Your powers of reasoning are astounding.

So you think NTs should always be able to achieve goals they were meant to do, such as tank, solo? It's a team based game, remember? I guess you should be able to tank without a doctor or healer too.. I'm sure enfos would like this.

So you think NTs should always be able to achieve goals they were meant to do, such as tank, solo? It's a team based game, remember? I guess you should be able to tank without a doctor or healer too.. I'm sure enfos would like this.
    Are you serious? In many situations enfos CAN tank solo right now except for endgame content in encounters that were MEANT to be for teams where yes, they need a team. For solo content they can tank solo. With the current nano doc, NTs would run out of nano and fail tanking solo in solo content.

Are you serious? You're comparing what enfos can do right NOW, with what's planned for NTs in the FUTURE. Grasping for straws... Clearly FC doesn't like the state things are in now with everyone being able to 1-2 man almost anything worth doing in this game. They've explicitly said this.

AO is a skill based system, so nanopool is a weighted choice against weapon skill, evades and nanoskill.

"Unlimited nano" is the same as "remove the nano-pool bar, nanopool skill and nano-delta mechanic".
    If you are unhappy about costs, then suggest other costs rather than "NTs should have unlimited nano".

Then I want unlimited nano for Agents, Doctors, Traders, Keepers.. etc.
    See where it leads to

a game needs challenge, unlimited nano decreases that.

/option set health MAX
    what about that command being available to everyone?
    Instant heal by scripting.
    Smart, but boring.

I would suggest those wanting more nano to take up the topics of:

Nano stims
    Nano costs
    Nano pool skill cap
    Breed effect on the above (go Nanomage, boooh Atrox)

I have not looked through the document for NCU costs, but that is likely to be another interesting limiting factor.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast