Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Nano-Technician Nano Document Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DecemberSky View Post
    NS1 -ONLY- kills your matter creation, therefore, you can still cast anything that doesn't have matter creation as a skill. Like blinds and calms. So its not all bad =)
    Quote Originally Posted by myself
    NS 1 protects, but ok, you can not nuke, why not... but you ll not be able to blind / NR debuff / calm / root at all ??
    Nope, you can not use blinds and calm, they use MC.

Basicaly, you can refresh layers and nano heal.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

with the excel document being so massive, I didnt even see the new requirements, nor did I see any dicussions on them. I will ask about this. Thank you for pointing it out.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

Well if you think about it, NS1 is a nice period to regain nano pool under and run away "safely".

Sucks if you ask me but at least there is a bright side to it.

This issue has already been touched upon numerous times and Kintaii has addressed it as well, but I just wanted to say that I feel NS2 is quite unattractive right now and the nanocosts for everything look way, way too high. Lower the DtN, a lot, on NS2 or something, and I feel the same should be done for the DtN nano line... NTs should have NO difficulty whatsoever with NP if they are fully perked in the nano regain lines and have the best cost and pnh etc. at their level. Nearly 100% of our damage comes from nanos and we are the "nano battery" profession more or less. We were made to have the best nano management of any profession and yet with these changes we would likely be the worst at it, thanks to the insane nanocosts and high DtN.
    Last edited by LyrLazarus; Apr 4th, 2011 at 23:14:27.

Yeah, as far as the changes to NS1/2 go, I'd much rather them stay as they are now, but obviously that wont happen. With the proposed changes, they still seem to be an extremely useful tool, but IF and ONLY IF they are used TOGETHER. NS1 still functions as the panic button that you can use to catch a breath, regain nano, etc, and NS2 functions as the active protection that you can actually do something in. That being said, the DtN conversion on top of all the other nanocosts is obscene, and only viable if the nanocosts of all the other NT nanos are seriously lowered or almost completely removed.

Question Nano Burst

What is the recycle of a Nano Burst special?

How does it work?

As I understand the documentation, you can change the damage type during a fight and use by various debuffs. This in turn implies that I must be able to use the nano burst several times.

I hope the question is understandable?

Maybe NTs are supposed to run out of nano if attacked by multiple attackers under their emergency defense. Layers, blinds, cc, evades and offense being the primary defense. Glass cannon anyone?

Thats exactly the thing...NT's should run out of nano, or have the risk of it anyway, while being attacked by people and sitting in their emergency defense....but ONLY WHEN THAT HAPPENS!

With the existing nanocosts in the document, NTs will be running at like 40% nano before they have the need to use the emergency defense...which shouldn't be the case. NTs should be able to keep their nanopool full at all times with minimal effort unless using the emergency defense DtN in which case it then becomes a very very large challenge.

I like most of the changes personally. I especially like the 7 second recharge on the AOE's!

I would, however, prefer a somewhat longer root duration for PvM. At least for the lower level roots. Lowest level root should at least be 50 seconds in my opinion, and work your way up the ladder to 1 minute 30 second root +/- .

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcradle View Post
    Maybe NTs are supposed to run out of nano if attacked by multiple attackers under their emergency defense. Layers, blinds, cc, evades and offense being the primary defense. Glass cannon anyone?
    First of all, Kintaii stated explicitly that he thinks NTs should have some tanking capability, and this is evident in the nano docs. So forget about NTs being "glass cannons." In addition, NTs would run out of nano even without emergency defenses. Just the DtN from the DtN nanoline, which is NOT emergency defense, and the exorbitant nano costs would be enough to destroy an NT's nanopool.

I do believe defensive tools like calms and blinds should be usable under NS1.

Also: what's up with the short duration of layers? Why can't they last 4h as most buffs? In battle you'll have to recast it because the max was absorbed. Out of battle, it just is an annoyance to recast.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by LyrLazarus View Post
    First of all, Kintaii stated explicitly that he thinks NTs should have some tanking capability, and this is evident in the nano docs. So forget about NTs being "glass cannons."
    If there are any confused why wizards should be able to hold their own (atleast for a while) vurses incredible foes. I'd refer you to case of Gandalf vs. Balrog of Morgoth.

As far as i can deduce from the document an NT will be rightly killed if:

A. They exaust themselves, a wholly acceptable reason to perish and an honourable death.
    or
    B. They are cought off-guard and fail to use their tools to save themselves in time.

Both are reasons why NTs die now but if things like C. Stunned and Ganked and D. Accidently Nerf/Killed themsleves are on the way out.

Then we'll be left with the only 2 decent reasons visit reclaim.

Perhaps NS2 should be less expencive (Perhaps its Damage-To-Nano effected by -%Nanocost?) Or perhaps being (akin to our new nanos) effected by the amounts of skill of the caster in the required nanoskills.

Quote Originally Posted by LyrLazarus View Post
    First of all, Kintaii stated explicitly that he thinks NTs should have some tanking capability, and this is evident in the nano docs. So forget about NTs being "glass cannons." In addition, NTs would run out of nano even without emergency defenses. Just the DtN from the DtN nanoline, which is NOT emergency defense, and the exorbitant nano costs would be enough to destroy an NT's nanopool.
    yup, think about froobs that doesnt come with all the perk nano regain, Right now my TL6 froob NT can run out of nano by chaining Resonance Blast @ triple Nanodelta imp + 4 sec nano tick.

Even that my SL NT would still run out of nano @ TL5, while tanking a mob + nuking with 2 sec tick. it seems to me the only NT doesnt suffer this is the TL7 one.

the nano cost for resonance blast is 752, the new one is 1200. If chaining nuke should make a NT run out of nano, perhaps funcom should start making range/melee weapons go broken after a while.

and what my brother said, I want my nanodelta buff line
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

The issue is, at TL7, the nano delta +buffs + perks provides a very good nano regen, so large DtN is not only viable, but very efficient. It's completly not true at lower level.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Why did not anyone answer my question?
    That sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    I do believe defensive tools like calms and blinds should be usable under NS1.

Also: what's up with the short duration of layers? Why can't they last 4h as most buffs? In battle you'll have to recast it because the max was absorbed. Out of battle, it just is an annoyance to recast.
    1. I agree

2. Counter-question: Why do u want to cast absorbs out of battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Nukedukednw View Post
    2. Counter-question: Why do u want to cast absorbs out of battle?
    Probably for the same reason you buff before a fight. To be ready when it starts.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by Molotoff View Post
    Probably for the same reason you buff before a fight. To be ready when it starts.
    This is no reason to make Absorbs lasts 4h when u say to prepare for battle.

It would be the same if the burst potential is build up before a fight starts.

Edit:

I mean, if Absorbs would work like a Hot or a Not, if absorb rebuilds slowly like Healdelta/Nanodelta does, it would be nice if it lasts 4h. But absorbs don't seem to work like that.
    Last edited by Nukedukednw; Apr 5th, 2011 at 17:13:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukedukednw View Post
    What is the recycle of a Nano Burst special?

How does it work?

As I understand the documentation, you can change the damage type during a fight and use by various debuffs. This in turn implies that I must be able to use the nano burst several times.

I hope the question is understandable?
    OK, cool, i can answer my own question.

"Nano Burst" has a 10 sec lock like a normal weapon special.
    That's nice.

So this is now our new DM-Nuke, i hope FC add a nice visual effect on that action.
    Last edited by Nukedukednw; Apr 5th, 2011 at 17:38:12.

Funcom employee

Edited the first two posts a bit - Reordered a few things, added in a little information, etc. etc.

You guys have been asking about the inability to cast blinds/roots/calms while under NS1 - Blinds and calms are debuffs and, at that point, are 'hostile actions'; blinds do -AAO while calms do -inits (in pvp), so both are more offensive than defensive. The fact that blinds and calms cannot be cast while under NS1 is intended.

Roots, however, are a purely defensive action - They do not debuff anything other than the target's ability to move, and are rather critical to the 'escaping' portion of what NS1 should allow. With that in mind, NT root nanos now require TS/PM instead of MC/TS, which will allow them to be castable while under NS1. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast