Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Nano-Technician Nano Document Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    When you put it like that.... you need line of sight to cast nanos so all nano casting should require you to turn to look at the target.
    I counter your observation with the notion that we're weilding matter, space and time using technomagic. With that in mind why can't i do something which annihilates a thing behind me? I'm not pointing a gun or swinging a sword; i'm manupulating a nanobot cloud and energy fields.

NT i'd say is as it stands a pretty unique form of combat in AO where we are unlinked from the regular weapon system and therefore quite rapidly omni-directional in our attacks. Which is good for casters considering how we divert our attention for calms/roots/blinds etc - if we altered angle for casting for example we'd end up just spinning on the spot in a decent fight

I still feel we'd lose a bit of the NT uniqueness and freedom from having a regular weapon managing our character-facing direction in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post
    I do this all the time as well.

I think the easiest solution is to allow everyone to align the camera any direction you want to, regardless of if you have a fighting target or not.
    Unfortunatly i've tried to replace orienting my character with orienting the camera itself and i just end up confusing myself because obviously if you -180degree your camera left/right/forward/back all swap over.
    It isn't anywhere near as intuitive as just turning my character.

I do understand the visual snag however - imagine if soldiers, keepers etc didn't have to look in the direction they were shooting/slashing. The game would look really really weird.

But! Nobody has cared that NTs are the exception here (probably because they can't see us doing anything anyway ) So i'd like this to continue as its part of our well established control scheme.

I love the way i can face in pretty much any direction. Hated playing melee because of the constant camera-turning along with the effects you were usually forced to stare right into (yes, i'm fully aware you can turn stuff off before someone feels like pointing that out). Felt like I was sitting in a rollercoaster all the time.
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

Let people align their camera any direction they want to (for instance with a random_key + left or right key to not mess up with mouse control) while keeping the character visually facing his opponents ?

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post
    Let people align their camera any direction they want to (for instance with a random_key + left or right key to not mess up with mouse control) while keeping the character visually facing his opponents ?
    The problem with this is that if your camera is oriented away from behind your character; all your movement controls are off-set by a number of degrees, around the Y axis untill you manually re-set the camera.

This makes it a very difficult thing to do in combat; especially for a profession who's fate can depend on moving correctly quickly.

If however the character directional motion (forwards, backwards, strafe) could optionally reset the character Y Axis rotation to the relative camera facing orientation; it would cause some snappy turning but would allow for the same experience we have now in control - while our characters could turn independantly from our movement directions.

That would fix it i think; if a new camera control mode of this sort existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    Do any other NTs out there orient their character away from their nano target during combat in order to position their camera best for some purpose; like watching for spawns/ or inc enemies? better targetting etc?

Discuss.
    yes, ALWAYS!

but I don't mind adjusting for some extra bang.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Calm / Mezz

In NT excel document all calm / mezz looks the same? Same duration, same nano resist, same init debuff? No point in getting anything higher than "Bewilder"?

I was kind of hoping that there'd be a self only nanopoint restorer nano that gave a % of nanopool per tick.

Quote Originally Posted by LyrLazarus View Post
    I was kind of hoping that there'd be a self only nanopoint restorer nano that gave a % of nanopool per tick.
    % regain would make a lot more sense than a set amount for sure.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Using percentage could be a nice way to rework Nanodelta (and Healdelta while at it), but i m not sure they planned anything like that.

One question: Are the reflect rippers gone or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    The Nano-Burst effect when using energy damage is a reflect shield reduction of up to -35%

Not stackable; meaning at best you'd lose a portion of your reflect to an NT who bothers to save up and use his burst on you in this way.
    The debuff only lasts 15 second in the current document.

So for all intents and purposes; the answer to your question is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    The Nano-Burst effect when using energy damage is a reflect shield reduction of up to -35%

Not stackable; meaning at best you'd lose a portion of your reflect to an NT who bothers to save up and use his burst on you in this way.
    The debuff only lasts 15 second in the current document.

So for all intents and purposes; the answer to your question is yes.
    You need to add that the "Ability to use those Nano Bursts" only lasts 20s after the last nuke. And that it takes 6 nukes to get up the Nano Burst Checker high enough for those -35%. Which takes at the very very least 12s in which the nt does nothing but nuke. No blinds, roots, absorbs, nothing. Just nukes.

So not only is the reflect ripper completely gone, but the option to dent reflects only becomes available rather late in the fight.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

the LE nukes (doubles and triples) are gone, yes.
    T O O N Z:

Funny how everyone instantly feels they need to defend the reflect ripping effect that is still there.

Funny how everyone instantly feels they need to defend the reflect ripping effect that is still there.

Funny, cause it seemed to me that everyone pretty much answered your question with an unequivocal *no*...

They do? Not surprising if they do, because reflects have been the one thing breaking pvp for NTs since SL. Even if the reflect fix did fix that breaking it, then people never really got to experience the fix because of LE nukes.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 29, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I enjoy that while MP's are fighting just to get near the middle of the pack in the PvP ladder, NT's are concerned with whether pushing Q will turn their toon to face the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    I enjoy that while MP's are fighting just to get near the middle of the pack in the PvP ladder, NT's are concerned with whether pushing Q will turn their toon to face the target.

Its actually one of the key elements which makes the NT playstyle different to all other professions.
    If we are indeed compelled to do it - NT will lose some of its originality.

To put it into MP terms. (a bit tricky, so bare with me) Imagine if your no-longer had control over your attack pet and it only attacked your attack target.

You would lose an element of control and freedom - and something which made your profession distinct (albeit one of 3)

The lack of auto-orientation and single-target lockon gives NTs a battlefield freedom they use for more effective nanocasting.
    My point is we've in a way taken this for granted and all our requests that the Cyberdeck "Do something" have neglected the fact that we very much appreciate it not getting in our way.

In the same sense that caused them to preserve our capacity to kite in our nanolines; because FC recognised it was a legitimate gameplay mechanic and a fun part of being NT.

This is another example of something uniquely NT which is at risk - and this time, accidentally i think our own requests are to blame.

We are not FORCED to press q, so don't if you want to look around

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast