Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Nano Document Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    I did some calcs with a "new allrounder bow setup" and I got 2.7kish AR w/o AAD loss (only the 70 from SS nerf) but 20s AS on tigress. I'm still trying to figure out things, but seems both AS focused setup and Creation Bow focused setup will work well (at least a bit better than today.)
    Who are you going to hit at TL7 with 2.7k AR?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Because the way NSD works now is overpowered and silly. It's an on/off switch for bosses and monsters, and it ruins the way things work, by forcing devs to make encounters either completely immune or use special attacks that go around it. Look at NSD as a mitigator instead of an I-Win button.
    This. In the current form, you can have NSD up 25% of the time, the -nanodmg debuff for 10s 33,3% and the LE debuff (assuming the affected mob has over 20k nano pool) completely disable nukes for 10s with 0 lockout on the boss once every 2min if you are the only MP present.

Granted, pure froob raids will have a harder time. But then, the game has moved on, expansions made everyone more powerful. FC can not rebalance the game around this new power and have froobs retain all their tools at the same time. You will adapt.
    I mean, it's not like healing will be such a big issue with the new team heals (2,1-2,5k top for froobs instead of the old 560-1,1k). That used to be the main issue to nsd an aoe-ing boss, right? So that docs did not have to worry about their team members who were, at the time, without aggro.

In the end, in a froob only raid, over 30s you'd look at 13s of completely 100% dmg, 10s of 60% dmg and 7s of 0 dmg.
    The dmg that still gets through can be taken care of with fixer team hots, regular fixer long hots, team-absorbs (e.g from enf, will have to see if nts can do this as well), nice team heals from docs and advys, etc etc etc.

And for higher lvl raids: when in doubt/need, increase the number of MPs around. The LE nano lockout is self-only, and with mobs usually having a rather large nano pool, it should not be an issue to reach the 100% nano dmg debuff. I don't know of locations/mobs/raids that could not be taken care of with the proposed changes. Not like the mobs you need/use it for would aoe for 10k every 2s....
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Yes, on diferent targets. Its impossible to cast it on an already debuffed enemy and when it wears off, an 20s immunity is given. Dont worry Your DD will beonly nerfed 1/3 of time.
    If you read all 7 pages you will see us MP crying about those immuniies.
    Nope, you didn't get me there. It's ok IF it lands, I have 0 problem with the fact that it can be landed.
    What I do have a problem with is that me countering the debuff on the first try does not mean anything with its 1s recharge and inexistant lockout.
    We have seen it with GTH. Way too spammable for NR to matter. Same applies here.
    Last edited by sannz; Mar 23rd, 2011 at 20:07:32.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    Nope, you didn't get me there. It's ok IF it lands, I have 0 problem with the fact that it can be landed.
    What I do have a problem with is that me countering the debuff on the first try does not mean anything with its 1s recharge and inexistant lockout.
    We have seen it with GTH. Way too spammable for NR to matter. Same applies here.
    We are NT nemesis! Shaddap gimp!

Well... its already spammable today, and our nano will not last forever after rebalance.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    Who are you going to hit at TL7 with 2.7k AR?
    True ;o But those are first calcs. And in meanwhile, 3.1k AR in CSS/AS setup with Creation Bow on

But since Kintaii said they gonna drastically change perks, all those calcs I'm making can end up being useless.

P.s.: I'm happy with the AR increase, ever if it isnt enough to hit evaders. shrug.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

For the record, RK4 decided to come visit me when this document was released, I was under the impression I'd have a bit more time before it came out.

With that said I've had some concerns about some things in the document, but also pretty happy about others, I'll go much more into it in a next post.

True ;o But those are first calcs. And in meanwhile, 3.1k AR in CSS/AS setup with Creation Bow on

But since Kintaii said they gonna drastically change perks, all those calcs I'm making can end up being useless.

P.s.: I'm happy with the AR increase, ever if it isnt enough to hit evaders. shrug.
    Not sure why you'd be using an AS setup with the Creation Bow (which doesn't have AS), unless you were planning on swapping for AS?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Not sure why you'd be using an AS setup with the Creation Bow (which doesn't have AS), unless you were planning on swapping for AS?
    That was my first plain, indeed. I calced with eye and rhand alphas but the result was bad. So I got my current AR with my current TS and got this 3145 AR + 65 from towers... AHHHHHHH The happiness.

Swapping for AS will take some time to swap then, 6 seconds swapping for an AS, u can swap on AS, back to creation bow, then cast those pet buffs and back to tigress again to AS, ull be swapping so much that in the meantime u couldve done the same damage with the creation bow
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Swapping for AS will take some time to swap then, 6 seconds swapping for an AS, u can swap on AS, back to creation bow, then cast those pet buffs and back to tigress again to AS, ull be swapping so much that in the meantime u couldve done the same damage with the creation bow
    Situational swap, not hotswap in fight. Ex. AS against eng? An almost sure hit weap is better. Against a fixer? AS is almost a must.

Note that you can't use the base nuke line with Tigress. You might be better off sticking with the Creation Bow against fixers for the base nukes, 6% nano-damage modifier and extra MC.

P.s.: I'm happy with the AR increase, ever if it isnt enough to hit anyone but docs, soldiers, and engis. shrug.
    Fixed

@JustinSane note those are only AR calcs.

@Johnnykay Pff

P.s.: Nano focused creation bow setup will get around 2.6k AR max and nice 2.8kish MC.

@Johnnykay Pff

P.s.: Nano focused creation bow setup will get around 2.6k AR max and nice 2.8kish MC.
    Interesting.. is that with or without Ranger and/or CoLA perked?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Interesting.. is that with or without Ranger and/or CoLA perked?
    With Ranger and and CoLA. And with Sureshot. xD I always forget I'm a minority who find Sureshot better than SE Helm. With OFAB Chest as well (<3 nano).

@Johnnykay Pff

Now, if we could also squeeze some 17k HP out from it...
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Now, if we could also squeeze some 17k HP out from it...
    EJathos Chest, SE Helm and Ofab pants? - 30 noskills/evades and -150 bow and here you 17k HP on a nanogimp. **squeezes**

Enhanced Jathos will be worth a close look after these changes I think, as every piece of it adds +1 nano-damage modifier. DB Spirit-tech Chest, which adds 2, will also be worth more then than now.

We are NT nemesis! Shaddap gimp!

Well... its already spammable today, and our nano will not last forever after rebalance.
    Spammability in general is bad. And its one thing when its 50% with 2s recharge and an entirely different story when that becomes 75% with 1s recharge in a time and age when lockouts should empower nano resist and the ability to counter nanos AND profit from said counter. I thought the goal was to remove spammability of hostile nanos.

[sarcasm] tho, maybe I am wrong with all that. Maybe FC calced the spammability of those debuffs into their equation and NTs get nr8 free and without the nasty nano skill debuffs... [/sarcasm]

:edit: As for those "Nano Issues", guess you can always grab that 4h PNH from some other nt... OR get this shiny thing and get 60% nano refill every 4min, actually 3ish thanks to nice skill lock mods...

In other news: 90% nsd AND -100% nano dmg debuff not enough vs NTs? ^^
    Last edited by sannz; Mar 24th, 2011 at 00:00:19.
    keep smiling

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    In other news: 90% nsd AND -100% nano dmg debuff not enough vs NTs? ^^
    Ofc not! j/k

Well, this question we will only be able to answer after NT nanodoc.

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast