Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: MP Nano Document Discussion Thread

Well, let's find out what MP's are first then we can set a scheme? I started to really like my MP when they introduced many ranged weapons that would make us closer to soldiers with mystical links rather than gurus with shields and staffs. But devs don't seem to realize that anything that gets implanted that concerns Attack Rating, Defense will have greatly reduced efficiency on us because both our AR and Def are incredibly low and scales bad with the terribad stuff we have. I was very happy to push Flyn to the max, equip bow and shield at will, do everything on my own and get a natural non-proc 3,2k def until you realize that even pistol engies will perk us anyways, nukes are a waste of nano, pets are left handed, mobility's meh and the bandaid fixes right before we got ignored for the 2 next years have no synergy between themselves due to weird nanos with long cooldowns that screws us to oblivion.

But hey.. don't go too far on that stuff, it might make us viable, that's CLEARLY not what FC intends to do with us.
    Last edited by Flynicist; Feb 6th, 2012 at 15:41:05.
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

Now that it seems the rebalance will not be all at once and that FC will release changes a bit at a time. That being said I want to BUMP my post about keeping creation weapons AR based on nanoskills instead of weapon skill.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynicist View Post
    Well, let's find out what MP's are first then we can set a scheme? I started to really like my MP when they introduced many ranged weapons that would make us closer to soldiers with mystical links rather than gurus with shields and staffs. But devs don't seem to realize that anything that gets implanted that concerns Attack Rating, Defense will have greatly reduced efficiency on us because both our AR and Def are incredibly low and scales bad with the terribad stuff we have. I was very happy to push Flyn to the max, equip bow and shield at will, do everything on my own and get a natural non-proc 3,2k def until you realize that even pistol engies will perk us anyways, nukes are a waste of nano, pets are left handed, mobility's meh and the bandaid fixes right before we got ignored for the 2 next years have no synergy between themselves due to weird nanos with long cooldowns that screws us to oblivion.

But hey.. don't go too far on that stuff, it might make us viable, that's CLEARLY not what FC intends to do with us.
    That's a cool look.

Now that it seems the rebalance will not be all at once and that FC will release changes a bit at a time.
    Did I miss something? Did a dev say this?

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Yessum...

Profession Changes
    Many of you have asked me about the balance act, and ideally all of the things we want to improve would come at the same time, but in reality things will have to be prioritized. So right now we are working on approving the suggested changes, making adjustments here and there, and indentifying in which order the changes should be released.

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=596946

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Hmmm that's going to be interesting. It seems to me, that there's just too much stuff that's interlinked to make a staged release work well - unless the stages are really chunky. Everything's interlinked and so many of the changes are really basic and affect everything else.

You're very likely to have deeply broken professions along the way if you try to do things in small jumps. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

X

Well im guessing small chunks like changing the nano icons/names might be one stage, then adding scaling nanos like mongo across different lvl ranges, or a few more healing/mezz pets across lvl ranges. Those type of things are pretty easy to drop in piece meal.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Aye that may be the case. We should be ready then, to understand that while some smaller changes may be dropped in, it's unlikely that those changes will really substantively affect our overall design. The big changes are the ones that people are really waiting for.

If FC do go the line of dropping in a few smaller changes, they may need to make clear that this doesn't represent the major re-balancing and that those things that do get implemented in the interim, may yet change again when the major changes do arrive.

X

I wonder if the rebalance is going to give some solid direction as to how the Devs see MP's. What I mean is in the startup or online if you are looking at description of MP this is what you get.

"Through your growing cosmic knowledge of the universe and nano technology, you will be able to summon a manifestation to fight for you and a manifestation to heal your body."

The "fight for you" part kinda suggests pets should be our primary DD? Or am I reading this wrong?

"Those that face you shall be stripped of their nano-based abilities, be frozen where they stand, and be bombarded with your energy."

However we are losing dominates/unmakes (nano stripping) and CoC (stun).

http://wiki.aodb.us/wiki/Meta-Physicist

Are we supposed to be pet based with creations? Or soldiers with pets? If the rebalance changes the path of MP's will the game description of them be changed as well to reflect that? I know when I made mine it was based off that description of a mystic summoner type proffession. Not a dual pistol wielding gunslinger with pets.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Seems no activity for a while... wondering IF any of these were ever addressed?

1. Will mezz pet aoe cause pvp flags from guards in town? (during duels or pvp in Bor)

2. Can we keep creation AR based on Nanoskills? Give proc dmg to make up for no specials. (would rather not spend perk pts still miss in pvp)

3. Can we get debuffs (dmg/nano/init) duration 60 sec with 120 sec cooldown for pvm? (would still be up only 1/3 of time)

4. Can nsd get duration in pvm increased 30 sec up 120 sec cooldown? (would be up only 1/4 of time)

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Xtreme-Justin-Dancing, a new MP activity!

I know I posted those questions above yesterday, and it takes time to get responses from Devs. Even though some would say no news is good news, any opinions would be welcomed.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    3. Can we get debuffs (dmg/nano/init) duration 60 sec with 120 sec cooldown for pvm? (would still be up only 1/3 of time)

4. Can nsd get duration in pvm increased 30 sec up 120 sec cooldown? (would be up only 1/4 of time)
    The first two are real questions the other two are more debatable

If anything number three sounds pretty decent to me its basically like putting up a limber or dance of fools if u look at it very generally. And in that sense id say make it two different debuffs like the idea of limber and dof, that u use one debuff for big damage income prevention and a smaller one for still being able to debuff damage but not enough to keep your hp from lowering. With the durations and cooldowns mixed the right way u can keep your target in constant state of being dissalowed its full potential. But also u can stack them together, dissalow the target bizar damage ammounts but after they run out, ur on ur own.

Then number four... i would actually figure this one to be quite decent with a lower duration. How i see it they want to make us think before we use the debuff, because frankly its amazingly powerfull. But if the duration is short it will take skills to pick out the exact right moment to debuff ur target with it. This to me sounds like fun. PvM wise tho there has to be a different version like we have the normal NSD as opposed to iNSD
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

I agree on that we need powerful stuffs to be able to solo. Or just not to die from a random by leet. However if every prof gets strong on their own, then team play will be doomed. Look at it now: adv+crat+keep=+800 static def. With good mix of profs we can debuff mobs to hell, even a tl5 could tank it.

So my idea: make a clear stuck order. For example: profs has 2 debuff lines (support profs i mean: crat, trader, mp..etc). Every prof has 1 debuff, thats on the top os the stack order, other 1 is down. So when 2-3 support prof team together, cant everybody use every debuffs. They must choose which they want, because others will be overwritten. (For example malaise vs mp dmg debuff, but on hand we should have a debuff thats better than a crat debuff). Both (or more) debuffs should be powerful, so based on the enemy we choose which to use when we team. Spamming debuffs everywhere would only mess up the teamplay.

So with a system like this team playfields can be more difficult, we stay strong on our own, and ppl need to pay more attention.

Sorry for the delay in responding - I've been crazy busy lately. I do not have direct answers from Devs to share, but my strong guess is that the answers to questions 1, 3, and 4 are going to be no - which for 1 is good and 3 and 4 is bad. On 2, I'm fairly hopeful we can keep nanoskill AR on creations, but less confident than in my guesses for the other questions.

Fair enough tyvm.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Some of these I know can't be answered but I wanted to bring some attention to anyway..

I wanted to point out in comparison...I'm still not sure wtf MP's are supposed to do after rebalance. I had thought support healers/nano healers...but after looking at some of the other nano docs.... well i'm completely discouraged.

For example lets just take trader

* Heal nanos have had their scaling adjusted - Traders are *the* best natural support healer* at this time. Note: Healing WILL be harsh on the Trader's health, and should make you nervous. :P
    *By this statement I mean that they will be the best non-Doctor healer *by default*. Adventurers in Healing Morph and MAs in Zazen will be better healers, but they're also sacrificing a lot to put them in that healing state.

For nano healing:
    Outfit Team Nano Regen
    Lend Nano

So I still don't know what support role after rebalance fits for MP's. Obviously not healing, or nano healing. (i didnt bother giving stats for NT's nano healing) Everyone and their mother will have nukes now, hell enfo's will even get +dd for mongo aoe nukes roflol! Garden transportation- fixers have a piece of that action now and engies have anchor recalls also. Debuffs ours are nerfed duration while Doc/crats remain strong.

Will our new pet actually be top of the pets- will scourge be able to take on widowmaker/carlo 1 on 1 without heal pet? I really dont see us being a DD prof with creation weapons no matter how "improved" they are. So what gives? What role is meant for MP?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Actually a good question since every single debuff is nerfed if they werent nerfed already. NSD had a function but that got useless as mobs started to get immune to NSD. Now NSD wont even last at all so bye bye to that one.
    Damage debuffs were nice when mobs didnt hit more than 4k damage now they only make a small dent and are absolutely not needed for a team to survive. Duration on that one got smaller now too so bye bye to that one aswell
    Damage is nothing that we have been the top at for real anyways and i dont really think thats the way for a support role to be.
    For buffing we never needed to be in the team, and i dont really see how we would now suddenly be needed for that particular reason.
    Healing is not gonna be our main effort, nor will nano regeneration really.
    A role for our support could be in the form of our current mezz pet but then their debuffing action has got to become really something worth it. A constant damage debuff maybe that works along side our Damage debuff nano maybe. Or otherwise an NSD that runs from the pet. There are multiple ways to fill that function but as it is shown right now our future in teams seems to be the same as it is right now
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Actually a good question since every single debuff is nerfed if they werent nerfed already. NSD had a function but that got useless as mobs started to get immune to NSD. Now NSD wont even last at all so bye bye to that one.
    Damage debuffs were nice when mobs didnt hit more than 4k damage now they only make a small dent and are absolutely not needed for a team to survive. Duration on that one got smaller now too so bye bye to that one aswell
    Damage is nothing that we have been the top at for real anyways and i dont really think thats the way for a support role to be.
    For buffing we never needed to be in the team, and i dont really see how we would now suddenly be needed for that particular reason.
    Healing is not gonna be our main effort, nor will nano regeneration really.
    A role for our support could be in the form of our current mezz pet but then their debuffing action has got to become really something worth it. A constant damage debuff maybe that works along side our Damage debuff nano maybe. Or otherwise an NSD that runs from the pet. There are multiple ways to fill that function but as it is shown right now our future in teams seems to be the same as it is right now
    Every single MP have said it and gave better/other solutions/ideas in all these 43 pages. Yet FC refuses completely to hear anything related with not nerfing debuffs.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

The more and more nano doc revisions I look at for other profs, some of which have been updated in last 2 months btw. The less excited I am about rebalance. I can't find a single thing, ability, nano line, perk... anything that we do best. In fact I can't find anything we even do 2nd best!!!

Not a top DD, not a top healer, not a top mezz, not a top debuffer, and not a top buffer either! I dont get it.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

First off, we are a generalist profession. We do a lot of things, so we probably won't be the absolute best at anything. However, for team nano-regeneration we're still to the best of my knowledge going to be #1. That will be useful. Our nukes are going to be really, really good, and we can expect improved pet and perk DD as well, so we should move nearer the top of the list (though still behind NTs, Crats, Shades and Engies) on DD. And while NSD will have reduced uptime, it should work on most endgame content. I'm cautiously optimistic that Notum Scourge can work as an off-tank as well. Our healing is also going to be much better than it is now. Not enough that we can replace a doc, but enough to make a doc's job much, much easier. The AOE mezz pet could be useful as well. Will we be docs, crats, shades or enfs as far as team desirability? No. But we should be a whole lot better off than we are now.

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast