Thread: MP Nano Document Discussion Thread

Madmax, I'm a bit confused by something: You refer to Dancingrage and me as gatekeepers and say that we "worked so hard to nerf weapon MPs". Huh? Where on earth are you getting this from? As it happens, you're mistaken on that - neither Dancingrage nor I have censored feedback from weapon MPs or failed to pass on their ideas and/or concerns to the devs - but I really would like to know why you've formed the opinion that you have. Has anything I've said indicate that I'm trying to get weapon using MPs nerfed?

I think perhaps you over-estimate the influence professionals have. All we can do is pass on ideas and concerns - we can't control what the developers ultimately do. For the record, I'm not happy with our PvM debuffs, the difficulty pistol MPs will have reaching the nano-reqs for the top pet or weapon MPs' (particularly pistol MPs') lack of AR. I wanted Sacrificial Shielding modified rather than scrapped as well. Also didn't like SoZ getting functionally deleted. But I'm not a developer, and ultimately they choose what directions to take each profession.

I'm still hoping we can get more Pistol support somewhere however, possibly in itemization. We'll see, and I'll keep trying - though I (and this is just my guess, based on publicly available info - hopefully a wrong guess) wouldn't bet heavily that we will.

Justin. I'm honestly not sure whether there's a real logic behind the statements. I think it's pretty much achieved the level of 'conspiracy theory'... where no matter how much you state the facts or try to state ever more clearly your position... it's not going to be accepted or believed.

If you get far enough down the line... then you end up /ignored by madmax, as I believe he has /ignored me. So I don't suppose he'll see this anyhoo

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

I got the feeling many months ago (before my break) that because the two of you guys were proponents for the greater effectiveness of creation weapons, that many people with selective thought patterns felt you both were instantly meaning "greater effectiveness" over everything else. This is also despite several times where you both have said to the contrary.

Some people just haven't shaken that yet, I'm guessing.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

@madmax 1 - Just cause I post a "end game bow setup" doesnt mean I'm close minded. I know you are pistol and bla bla bla. What I meant is: you will not lose anything to get 2.5k nanoskills after rebalance, no matter the weapon you use.

2 - I dont know if you saw, but: Shield MP is far more nerfed than weapon MP; Our "gatekeeper" professional Justinsane got kinda... angry when Kintaii said pistols will not be suported; both of our "gatekeeper" professionals are whinning and QQing about such... fked debuffs; 90% of the MPs I know, myself included, use weapons because nukes pets and creation weapons are useless crap.

3 - I think you failed to noticed it, but... ALL MPS GOT NERFED! Not just the "oh noes /QQ pistol MP".
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Shield MP's are not nerfed. Shield MP's are just fine. Its just not lolwin-offensive like everything else setup like everyone with a goldfish brain likes these days.

{Edited by Belaroth}
    Last edited by Belaroth; Jul 15th, 2011 at 14:27:50. Reason: Removed obscenities and insults
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Shield MP's are not nerfed.
    Sure they are. But, everyone else but NTs will get nerfed too, so... Who cares.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Nothing about my shield MP makes me feel like its nerfed.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

This just in: rebalancing isn't live yet!

Thought that might be an interesting tidbit of info for you, Bubba. You should probably not needlessly insult people, especially when they're right. With the current version of the documents, we are getting nerfed.

Will be nerfed, once it looses extra AAD and reflects and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Will be nerfed, once it looses extra AAD and reflects and stuff.
    I already have a plan in the works for that (read here: if im still around). I won't be able to tank mitaar anymore, but that's not a terrible worry of mine. I don't think anyone was meant to solo/duo that place anyway.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I already have a plan in the works for that (read here: if im still around). I won't be able to tank mitaar anymore, but that's not a terrible worry of mine. I don't think anyone was meant to solo/duo that place anyway.
    Well, apparently, NTs will be able to do so.

I'd like to see that happen. lol
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Shield MP's are not nerfed. Shield MP's are just fine. Its just not lolwin-offensive like everything else setup like everyone with a goldfish brain likes these days.

{Edited by Belaroth}
    Exactly how i feel :/ and my MP is 215 and mostly pvping 220's. Ye i know "Must be gimp 220's ur pvping comments inc".
    Last edited by Belaroth; Jul 15th, 2011 at 14:28:44. Reason: Moderated the quote.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

I'd like to see that happen. lol
    And you probably will, since they are intended to be second best tank in this game (as devs said).

Hmm.. I think you have to back that assertion up with a link to where a Dev said that Klod.

X

Just did a quick search myself, and found this from Kintaii (who did the bulk of the work on the NT design)

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post

As for your larger question, though... The NTs "basic" direction and role in a team is pretty simple after this design: Damage. Pure, plain, out-right damage. NTs DD after this, as I've said before, should place them in the top percentile of all damage-focusing classes in the game. At the same time the NT brings support in the form of a versatile debuffing set thanks to the Burst action and the NR Debuff Nuke line, as well as offering the team massively enhanced nanopool buffs/regain, good AAO debuffing, some crowd control options and even some limited tanking capability.
    So... their intent was to give the NT some limited tanking ability... not to make them second best tank.

I honestly can't see a way for NTs to be better at tanking than Soldiers or Advies in tank morph. They'll most likely have a role as a sort of 'emergency tank' - able to pull aggro well and chuck up short term heavy defence to take the beating for a short period. So... if a tank is struggling, then an NT might pop reflects, chuck in the wipehatelist/taunt and take the aggro for long enough to get the tank sorted again... but then give aggro back.

But they're unlikely to ever really function as a proper tank, as far as I can see... nor does that seem to be FC's intent at all.

X

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    So... their intent was to give the NT some limited tanking ability... not to make them second best tank.
    Party breaker.

But they're unlikely to ever really function as a proper tank, as far as I can see... nor does that seem to be FC's intent at all.
    They can currently work pretty well as tanks. People just lost the knowledge of the defensive focus NTs.

Party breaker.
    Hehe... sorry about that.

/passes out party hats, balloons and silly string

Better?

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Jul 14th, 2011 at 14:03:48.

I think that because of defensively focused NT's (who were way endgame and were lovechildren) who ended up tanking, paved the impression out that NT's are solidly tankers. This is mostly hype I think, due to the fact when a Enforcer or a Keeper tanks, well its nothing spectacular to really see.

An NT on the other hand tanking a LOX boss, well, that's pretty memorable.

I continue to see this idea pop up all over the place, that one all star of the profession in question, whos been playing that toon for years and has done quite well, in full alphas and everything... suddenly everyone sees this person and thinks that all said profession will perform as admirably as the iconic impression. This is doubly true if said profession player has a terribly large mouth and likes to inflate their own legend. This newer generation of young gamers is highly impressionable and will believe damn near anything if they hear it or read it more then once or twice.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

What newer generation of young gamers? In this game?

Really?!

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast