Thread: MP Nano Document Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Anarchy Online was successfully removed from your computer.

Time to move on for me. I guess I wont get my money for already payed time but there is not reasoning here and a waste of time. The most stupid thing I read was that a pet class should trade it for weapons instead of trading the nukes for weapons that is nonsense coming from a developer.
    Goodbye! Sorry you couldn't get exactly what you wanted!
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Apr 7th, 2011 at 00:15:09.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Time to move on for me. I guess I wont get my money for already payed time but there is not reasoning here and a waste of time. The most stupid thing I read was that a pet class should trade it for weapons instead of trading the nukes for weapons that is nonsense coming from a developer.
    I... think we may be miscommunicating slightly. This is, to me, the same thing as the aforementioned ranged energy/piercing setup - If you want to do things with your character that aren't *directly* supported through your nano lines, perks, and skill aptitude, then that is totally your business and we encourage players doing that. But *in* doing that and in trying to make that setup as viable as possible, you are going to *have* to drop skills from some place else. If you want to go for an SMG setup? Knock yourself out. But that, again, means you're going to have to make sacrifices elsewhere and it means you may not be able to get the skill needed for casting that top pet. That is *your* choice in developing your character. Otherwise, there are plenty enough other weapon choices you can make as an MP and be able to pull out the Notum Scourge. It's up to you to decide which of these things you want to be able to do.

Despite the fact that we're making improvements and tidying things up and making stuff friendlier in general where we can this IS still Anarchy Online - You can still gimp yourself if you decide you *really* want to go for that grenade Adventurer. :P Or, by the same token, maybe that assault rifle Shade you twink out ends up being the destroyer of worlds (note: if this happens i will cry). That freedom to pick and choose and experiment *is* what's at the core of our game - It's what makes us the product we are. But at the same time... we can't make it all viable for everyone. Sooner or later, you gotta decide which one you want more.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    maybe that assault rifle Shade you twink out ends up being the destroyer of worlds (note: if this happens i will cry)
    Well, at least I know what my next project is.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Funcom employee

Please, seriously, for real do this. I will still cry, but just witnessing it will turn them into tears of joy.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled MP document.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

You can still gimp yourself if you decide you *really* want to go for that grenade Adventurer. :P
    You forgot to mention the Rifle Wielding Agent
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

@madmax GL. I'll stay here to make sure MPs will be ok (or die trying)

@Kintaii Go play MP. You will enjoy it. But you will also see how really gimp we are and how forgotten we got.

Now doing a (not so) quick look about nanodoc w/o caring about numbers:

• Impossibility to cast debuff on an already debuffed mobs system - I LOVED THE IDEA <3
    • Immunity system on the debuffs - Mixed feelings. While its good in pvp, its not in pvm. I also can agree NSD is OP and need immunity ever in pvm, but should stay longer than 7s at all (maybe 21s to make calcs easier). DD debuffs is so damn important in MP soloist pvm to have immunity, also is less OP than init debuffs.
    • Pets - One word: FINNALY! Also a question: Any future thoughts about pet's stats be based on MP nanoskills?
    • Nukes - WTB chance to snare on Base Nukes. Also bump a bit the debuff on Special ones in low/middle lvl.
    • Unmakes/Dominates - Inner rage, but I can undestand why.
    • Creation Weapons - Should be quick and low DD... And... NanoCInit as init and Nano Resist as def check :3 Or make then 100%Nanoskill 25%Weapon skill. Both would be amazing (I know both is OP, but I can dream)
    • Classic Weapons - Make then as AMEP. Period
    • Pets (again) - Maybe make Attack pet be affected by perk spend in Channel Rage and Mezz ones by Trance?
    • Debuffs (again) - Give us more stuff to debuff (not weap skills ofc). Like tradeskills, since we cannot shut engs down anymore.
    • DtP - HELL YEAH! Only numbers/%age need to be tweaked, I think.
    Last edited by lainbr; Apr 7th, 2011 at 00:49:49.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    @Kintaii Go play MP. You will enjoy it. But you will also see how really gimp we are and how forgotten we got.
    This made me giggle a little.

Its been mentioned twice already but people with focussed information are by definition short sighted. Without the information about itemisation changes which go as far as symb/armor/weapon supports, all of those remarks were at least decently based. And definitely because you actually ask for feedback whilst giving incomplete information.

Now with the new information it is just time to wait for things in itemisation to change untill u can run new calculations. Back to calculations tho these calculations ive made earlier on weapons, sort of stand still though, they are compared with the same skills so a boost in one shows a boost in the other aswell, they are comparative. In that, if one reads well and add the calculation of extra pet damage by Justinsane, u can see that the problem lies in the attack/recharge, because at 88% agg/def the Creation Bow (sorry my weapon of "expertice") + extra pet damage almost exactly is as much as Chaos bow alone, HOWEVER in 0% agg/def it doesnt even get to 75% of Chaos with the extra pet damage.

Now there has been said that giving up some damage compared to non-creation weaponry is the sacrifice u make, which sounds very reasonable, but maybe try to make that sacrifice fall into OE, with which i mean that the damage u will be short in full defence from creation compared to non-creation, will be about 80%
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

That freedom to pick and choose and experiment *is* what's at the core of our game - It's what makes us the product we are. But at the same time... we can't make it all viable for everyone. Sooner or later, you gotta decide which one you want more.
    That freedom died when perks and symbiants were first introduced to the game. In the original AO there really was freedom to build pretty much any profession to use whatever weapon and still be (almost) effective with it.

For some reason i've always thought that pistol was ok setup for MP and my mp has always been pistol. Guess i now have to go bow or delete the mp... most likely the latter since bow sucks and i already have too many melee toons. (To me melee toons in a sci-fi setting doesn't make much sense... come on, someone shoots you with some laser cannon and you go whacking him with a sword?)

/rant
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Metafly7, the last sentence in ur sig is wrong :/
    RK2 - Bolrn 215/21 Sexi Man Beast MP #1

RK1 - Turtlewaxr 86/7 Sexi Man Beast Trader #1

Lol... madmax has been crying and ranting about the absolute need for getting more weapon buffs for how long now?

And then Kintaii comes to say that there will be some weapon buffs for MPs and more weapon-skill support in armour/symbs - and 6 hours later madmax quits the game?

Did I miss something?

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post

Did I miss something?

X
    Madmax is pistol, like many others. Anyway the rest of the MP document is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    I'm hope he tries going on LFT for a PUG for an endgame raid!
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I think MPs should get a special warp function that allows to them instantly travel to whoever asks them moochies.

It's sort of annoying that MPs have to stand around OA/Bore all day long to full fill their role. Wouldn't it be a lot easier if they could just pop out of the raid their friends are kind enough to take them through, go to Bore, fulfil their purpose of giving one of the real professions moochies and then transport back to the raid to continue leeching.
    Last edited by crattey; Apr 7th, 2011 at 11:16:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolrn View Post
    Metafly7, the last sentence in ur sig is wrong :/
    Looks like it lately huh? AO is indeed slowly running on his last energy, engine and rebalance could fix it i think tho. And some big advertising would help
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Kintaii, you do know that Pistol is our lowest IP cost, highest maxing weapon skill, right? And that we're one of the 5 professions with the full Pistol Mastery line? And that we have symbiant support for Pistol? If you go to noob island with a brand new MP and decide you're probably best off raising the skills closest to green (pretty reasonable assumption that that is the weapon skill your profession is best at), you're gonna be a pistol MP. From the beginning of AO Pistol has been one of the primary MP weapon choices. Check out Xtremtech's oldschool MP guide (gameguides.ws) - pistol is the first listed weapon choice. This is nothing, nothing at all like a grenade adventurer. If you look through the MP forum archives you can see how controversial adding bow support in rather than strengthening the Pistol support has been over the years.

Pistol is our oldest, first supported ranged weapon choice, and honestly it seems like you're a bit derisive towards a player who felt that a weapon choice supported from the launch of AO should continue to be supported through the re-balance without forcing him to use a non-endgame pet.

I... think we may be miscommunicating slightly. This is, to me, the same thing as the aforementioned ranged energy/piercing setup - If you want to do things with your character that aren't *directly* supported through your nano lines, perks, and skill aptitude, then that is totally your business and we encourage players doing that. But *in* doing that and in trying to make that setup as viable as possible, you are going to *have* to drop skills from some place else. If you want to go for an SMG setup? Knock yourself out. But that, again, means you're going to have to make sacrifices elsewhere and it means you may not be able to get the skill needed for casting that top pet. That is *your* choice in developing your character. Otherwise, there are plenty enough other weapon choices you can make as an MP and be able to pull out the Notum Scourge. It's up to you to decide which of these things you want to be able to do.

Despite the fact that we're making improvements and tidying things up and making stuff friendlier in general where we can this IS still Anarchy Online - You can still gimp yourself if you decide you *really* want to go for that grenade Adventurer. :P Or, by the same token, maybe that assault rifle Shade you twink out ends up being the destroyer of worlds (note: if this happens i will cry). That freedom to pick and choose and experiment *is* what's at the core of our game - It's what makes us the product we are. But at the same time... we can't make it all viable for everyone. Sooner or later, you gotta decide which one you want more.

This is a *choice* - The decision is entirely up to the player as to how they want to gear up and equip their character.
    No, it's not a *choice*. You are forcing us to go with creation weapons, or suffer nerf-bat hit on all fronts.

Please, don't make NTs (*use cyberdeck or continue to suck a$$*) out of us.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

To be fair, the incoming 1hb 2hb and bow buffs, as well as indications of itemization support for those weapon choices, should make at least 1hb and Bow reasonable traditional weapon options (maybe 2hb as well, who knows?). The problem I think is that evidently Pistol is now considered on the same level as Piercing and Heavy Weapons for a supported MP choice. I don't understand or agree with that personally, but it doesn't mean there will be no good non-creation weapons for MPs to use.

Personally I think they ought to go through and on anything MP specific (perks, research, items) that adds bow, add pistol too. It's not like someone could use both at once (or that there would be much gain by hotswapping).

Aye... that started a bit with the introduction of Bows and Bow stuff for MPs in SL. Since then, the design team has indeed seemed to be moving away from Pistol as a top performance weapon skill for MPs - substituting the Bow in its place. It has been a subtle change... but a noticeable one I think.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Pistol is our oldest, first supported ranged weapon choice, and honestly it seems like you're a bit derisive towards a player who felt that a weapon choice supported from the launch of AO should continue to be supported through the re-balance without forcing him to use a non-endgame pet.
    He didn't mention pistol and neither did I. :P Is pistol going to be supported through MP nanos? No. Not right now, and the odds are that isn't going to change. I never said, however, that pistols wouldn't be something that MPs could use and use effectively; the only thing I have said in regards to pistols is that if you want to get buffed for pistol use, you're going to need to track down someone to buff you up - Nothing that's too different from how things are now.

As an MP, your official, nano-supported weaponry choices are as follows: 1hB, 2hB, and Bow. Pistol will remain an option, but you're not getting nano buffs for it - This doesn't say anything about perk support, items, etc. etc. If you really WANT to use a pistol then go for it - But to make it work, *you're* going to have to work, and you're going to have to twink and buff and get your stuff right.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast