Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839404142434445

Thread: MP Nano Document Discussion Thread

Hmm it's certainly true that the extension at the top of the line adds on some extra skills debuffing. And it has the advantage in ease, of having all 6 nanoskills rolled into the debuff - and the debuff rolled into a nuke of course. So all in all, at higher levels there's a definite win.

At lower levels, there's a definite loss though. Since the Dominates/Unmakes were RK nanos and had low skill requirements, you could access an extra 75 or 125 skill debuff very easily from really quite low levels. And of course, at those lower levels, that amount of debuff was a great deal more debilitating.

In past discussions about making mini shutdowns instead of Dominates, rolling all the skills up into a single debuff, some people also expressed a disappointment about losing the skill needed to choose the right debuff for your target. Rolling the debuff entirely into the nuke is an even greater overall simplification of play. So some people may feel, that there are losses in game-play, though without seeing how all the other changes (esp. cooldowns) play out, it's hard to assess what game-play will actually look like.

Of all the changes in the nano document, this one is one of the least worrisome though. I do worry about how much of the changes that they planned, can now be implemented and so from a lobbying point of view, it would almost certainly be better to focus on higher priority issues

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Atm I'm holding my thoughts and concerns about Nanodocs and overrall Rebalance. Most because its been years and Devs probably changed idea of some things and because they priorize other stuffs atm.

Waiting fresh stuff from Devs so far.

P.s.: I'm also a Dominates defender. The lost of those buffs not only gonna affect (negatively) our average gameplay but also hurt us hard in pvp situations.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I mentioned it elsewhere but can the Professionals lobby for Curse of Chronos to instead of being dropped be modified?

a 5s stun with a hate wipe would be a valuable addition to our role as a support class and fits with the Mezz pet. It would give us a usefull tool in teams that don't have a Crat for emergencies such as an add agroing on the Doctor/DPS and giving the Tank a chance to regain agro.

EDIT: Given that most boss's are stun immune anyway this wouldn't be over powered. if there are any worries perhaps a 30s lockout to prevent spamming with a modified much lower defense
    Last edited by Atlasdreamer; Jan 7th, 2014 at 02:44:15.
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Unfortunately, the devs just don't like Curse of Chronos. We (the professionals) tried on that one.

Is it the devs or the players that play this game?
    Come on .. hehe just kidding but you really do wonder why they do the things they do
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I second Justinsane on that. They also dont like dominates :/
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I'm, um.. A little confused by this. I havn't long returned to AO by the way. Are these changes actually FC plans or a players hopes? :/
    Last edited by Kenzor; Jan 16th, 2014 at 16:20:09.
    Roznek 220/27 Solitus Adventurer - Equip || Dockenz 150/20 Solitus Doctor - Equip
    Kenzor 208/16 NM Meta-Physicist - Semi-Retired || Voiii 182/16 Atrox Soldier - Leveling
    Zorroy 130/5 Opifex Agent - Leveling || Kennzor 21/2 Atrox Trader - PvP Twink

~*"- Squad Commander -"*~
    Of
    ~*"- The Asylum -"*~

These are FC plans, but due to structural changes within FunCom, AO has a much smaller development team than when these plans were made, so some or all may no longer be in the works.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839404142434445