Thread: MP Nano Document Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    I think you guys underestimate the effect the pet damage absorb in combination with better heals and slower perks will have on alphas against MPs.
    I don't. I understand that the mezz and healing pet will die from the alpha with the MP while the attack pet will break walls while humping.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    I think you guys underestimate the effect the pet damage absorb in combination with better heals and slower perks will have on alphas against MPs.
    and i think you underestimate the effect of special+perk/normal/nuke/pet damage

CIB give an imune(or close to) button for perk+special+pets (but aimed and nukes) for 30s and acrobat same for 40s and usualy all profs with these toys already have more static def than us and in few case more heal also (or more reliable heal: try chasing or kitting someone in bs without loosing your healpet...)
    Bioshielding is a different story it give an imune against all dd for 10k dmg of all type with lots of heal perk

DTP give what ? 10% more hp and special cap at 28% instead of 30 ? wow AWESOME (make some calc with 16k hp for more fun ...)

Now look at our new DD debuff it's what i call our "oh sh**" buton (imune against normal+special+pets for 7s lol) Now im fighting/kiting a random ar prof and i'm 20% hp i know i 'm gonna dying soon if my healpet don't heal me (wait i think he is healing a wall somewhere) or if i can't kill my opponent in few sec ... but i have my lovely button ! (so i use it ofc like your lovely dof/limber buttons ! and prepare to run !) and then ... no more nano ! (oh sh**!), i'm drained ! (oh sh**!), target imune (oh sh**!), target resisted ! (oh sh**!) you fumbled !! (oh sh**********t !) ^^

We lost our blockers (imune only for specials 5 times lol) 60 def, some NR, 80%root/snare resist, COC, our evade buff will not stack with gsf yay, we gona loose aimed too (no more 10k+ hit on keepers or enfo while kitting) nsd is useless (duration, imune, remoovers) +nanocost too (on most prof), ok the nuke/heal debuff will be a nightmare for docs and nt's IF it land.

But we have a newwwwwww : 25% resist for dot line A ! Wait wat ?

I think FC can directly give us TNH or Kur with a size reduction nano and go go shield guys start buying a new CS set .|

Leduc69 Soli MP 220/30
    Duckz Trox FIX 220/30
    Duczor Opi MA 220/25
    Theducman Nano NT 165/23
    Lazzay Soli CRAT 150/20
    Ducshot Trox TRAD 141

Chest-kicker since 2007 - http://thespartans.org

The top DtP nano reduces incoming damage by 20% rather than 10 %, and if it works the same way as DtN does would reduce special cap to 24% rather than 28%. Does it make up for losing SS? Nope. But it's slightly better than you're giving it credit for.

Additionally, I'll say again it may be wise to wait for the perk review before getting too worried about alpha defense. If we don't get something usable there I'll join the mob marching on FC's offices with torches, pitchforks and floating physical manifestations of our individual and collective rage .

Edit: And I agree. For this nano-document to work for us, Notum Scourge better be a flat-out monster. TNH may be a bit much though. I'm thinking more Anansi Storyteller.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    I don't. I understand that the mezz and healing pet will die from the alpha with the MP while the attack pet will break walls while humping.
    The attack pet will now look awesome while humping walls (seriously, notum scourge mesh should be sweet), and the healing pets will have comparable survivability to equal level attack pet. I've not gotten confirmation on this, but would guess the mezz pet will be in the same ballpark as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverest View Post
    If I come back I'll miss CoC
    Neverest!

I don't believe we've ever met, but your reputation is impressive. It'd be great if you did decide come back and see how MPs play after all these changes.

Unfortunately, FC appears pretty set on removing CoC - we've checked.

I'd love to hear any further feedback from you on how things are looking.

I think ill go to BS and only use CoC as a debuff for a while then, to make up for the loss of it later :P
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    I've not gotten confirmation on this, but would guess the mezz pet will be in the same ballpark as well.
    Confirm'd. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

OMG Toke 51min to we get an official confirmation

/me prepares torchs and a pitchfork
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

anyway. Please DO NOT lower the reqs for the Notum Scourge pet. Those are fine as they are and reachable with not that big effort (if any, raise them to 2550 or even 2600)
    If anything, try to make balanced and "viable" a MP setup that allows to stand in pvp and pvm with the lesser one pet but with a good weapon, rather than making easier to cast the last pet.
    I am wishing that if a pet is hard to cast it should be great and hard to take down.

And before anyone says it, I'm not asking this because of my setup, since I'm planning to change it anyway. But still, would leave some kind of MP setups still viable
    220/30 Lordlawrence
    200/2x Pampero
    Ever wondered what's like making an OP toon? 30/3 Forum
    25/3 Killergoa

Edit: And I agree. For this nano-document to work for us, Notum Scourge better be a flat-out monster. TNH may be a bit much though. I'm thinking more Anansi Storyteller.
    It should be better than any mob a crat could Charm. Plain and simple
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Better in what way? Damage? Rihwen already tops that. Only real advantage a charm is is it's insane HP that allows us to solo despite not having heals. Would be somewhat odd to get a MP pet with 1m+ HP. Unless you limit MP pets to one outdoors playfield and a 4.5 minute duration, as well as despawn every time you zone.

Stop being a tard and drawing direct comparisons to MPs and crats and demand MPs should get a better everything.
    Last edited by crattey; Mar 30th, 2011 at 16:37:39.

And then a Crat walks by and charms it..... -.-

Crattey, lol comon
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Crattey clearly dont want to see MPs being as good as Crat. :3 /Troll mode off

But the MP pet should be best at DD and HP And should have evades
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

I'd love to hear any further feedback from you on how things are looking.
    Hey and nice to hear.

To me it looks more like a new game than a re-balance. First off I would have to figure out how all the MP and weapon changes work, then to figure out what all the other professions have changed to, and then again figure out how to best configure my character for what I think would work best in an overall pvm/pvp setup.

Spending the summer inside, banging my head against the wall while doing configurations and gaining creds to get back in shape, does not really sound very tempting.

And I would bang my head against the wall quite a few more times from loosing CoC, so I guess I better not go back to have a look until we reach the promised land (GFX engine)...
    Neverest 220 NM MP PVP setup

So the MP God Neverest says: "Zomg!!! They toke our cute CoC".

:3 And I vote to Neverest come back to game and see is happening with the MPs
    Last edited by Venachar; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 00:29:25. Reason: The Ninja Sweary-Fairy's took away a pretty needless bit of swearing. No harm done =)

We lost our blockers
    Just as a partial aside - and of course not knowing yet exactly how this will work... but my understanding is that melee creation users will be able to parry, that parry will block specials and normal hits - and we can get extra parry on one of the shields, to improve number of blocks and reduce the cool-down on the Parry effect. The Parry special will always block at least one attack.

So, while SS blockers are going, there may at least be some element of blocking available to melee MPs.

I'll be the first to agree that it's a dark blue skill and it's unlikely that we're going to be great at parrying... but there should at least be some element of blocking available to the melee MP.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Way back when I asked about Anansi R/L Hands, but at a skill req of 2.6k. Sound about right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverest View Post
    Hey and nice to hear.

To me it looks more like a new game than a re-balance. First off I would have to figure out how all the MP and weapon changes work, then to figure out what all the other professions have changed to, and then again figure out how to best configure my character for what I think would work best in an overall pvm/pvp setup.

Spending the summer inside, banging my head against the wall while doing configurations and gaining creds to get back in shape, does not really sound very tempting.

And I would bang my head against the wall quite a few more times from loosing CoC, so I guess I better not go back to have a look until we reach the promised land (GFX engine)...
    Agree, and I still have some of my accounts payed for some time, but I don't see any reason to play them.

And we lost many more things, blockers, AS, resistance...

JustinSane4 - I read some post from someone that was telling people not to agg FC for the perk and balance documents because we should wait for the nano doc that would be awesome. Well, we got the nanodocument already and it is even worst than eXpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    We could say that the numbers we have now reflect an MP perkable by anyone, alphable by anyone, and could potentially ignore our toolset, but that ignores the point of the rebalancing. The rebalancing effects not just these nanos and perk values, but it would supposedly alter the very base numbers of each profession we have grown accustomed to. Expressing our fears is ok but maybe we should start looking at the issues a different way?

Who should be able to perk MPs?
    Who should be vulnerable to our toolset?
    Who should be able to remove our tools?
    Which professions should we frequently counter offensive nanos from?
    Where should MP's rank among others in damage dealing?
    Where should MP's rank among others in healing/nano regain?

Perhaps if we only focus on where we should be or should rank, rather than what the numbers should be while every profession is being changed, it would be easier to actually place MP's where they belong in the end.

So, rather than saying " it is not right that anyone with 3k AR will perk MPs based on this documentation", statements such as "only enforcers, keepers, soldiers, and agents should have the AR to reliably perk MPs" (note no specific defense or offense values were given) may be more effective in a balancing sense. This is something I would like the professionals to set up actually, a series of statements to allow people to argue how they should relate to others rather than arguing about exact values.
    And then you'd hear a million reasons why prof X shouldn't be able to kill an MP, where prof X is whatever's annoyed any given player recently.

I'm of the opinion that the damage debuffs are too strong, they're basically anti-boss tools, and we were too used too using them as anti-trash mob tools (because of their power or lack thereof).

I think splitting the line (and I've expressed this to the developers) so we have a longer-lasting anti common mob debuff and a more focused and powerful anti-boss debuff would be a better idea, it's probably what was intended with our original lines back at SL release but got left behind by damage numbers and the lines' other flaws.

Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast