Thread: MP Nano Document Discussion Thread

Aye... some kind of passive damage reduction for the team would be cool.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Quote Originally Posted by -LL- View Post
    MPs should have a medium DD debuff AURA! AURA!!! We don't want to cast same debuffs 5 times on 5 different targets, when soldiers can bring similar benefits simply standing and having their reflects up. I agree that MPs are more complex profession than soldiers for sure, but a medium DD debuff aura and a higher DD debuff nano (low duration, for emergencies) would do the trick a lot better than what we have now.
    Oh oh I like it! ^^

But...... MPs never had auras. Wondering if Devs will give us ones :x
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Why not, it's just a line that they would have to change to a AOE line. Seems pretty much ok if you think about it in every way: RP, PVP, PVM.
    And will keep the complexity of the profession, since it's not casting a nano less that will make us easy to play.
    And well, NTs didn't have what they'll have, agents didn't have a special attack only avaiable to them... pretty much a lot of things are new, why shouldn't we have this aswell?

Hint, Kintaii, hint
    220/30 Lordlawrence
    200/2x Pampero
    Ever wondered what's like making an OP toon? 30/3 Forum
    25/3 Killergoa

They toke our SS completely and our Dominates. I really dont think they will give us something new and good. We are the middle brother, we get no love from parents
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

Thats actually a fun idea especially also for pvp i towers. It could make tactics interresting run the mp in middle of the opposite zerg and sacrifice him in favour of keeping others alive for a second longer
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

MP should have a "% nano interrupt debuff" So we can make people fumble. This would fit in line with our ability to build up and tear down nanocasters, since our NSD is pretty much an even bigger pile of slag then it was before. I proposed it on an older brainstorm thread, but out of all the ideas I had... that one i definitely liked the best.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Aye, that's one I've always been fond of too.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

^^ We always asked for diferent debuffs and more debuff power. Instead they gave us doubtfull "improved" debuffs that will only work in pvp, maybe.

If it depended on me, I would give to mps:
    • Long duration medium DD Debuff;
    • Low duration huge DD Debuff (current doc DD debuff);
    • Low duration huge one Nanoskill debuff (like dominates, debuffing more but less duration);
    • Medium duration medium/low all Nanoskills Debuff;
    • Low duration huge all Nanoskills Debuff (current doc NSD);
    • More NaCost debuffs (gladly in current doc);
    • Low duration huge Nano interrupt Debuff;
    • Low duration huge Nanorange Debuff (that would be fun);
    • Low duration huge NanoC Init Debuff (why not xD?)

Well, my vision about MPs are weirdos mad priests who can materializate and control emotions, curse people and are the masters of nanoskills. ^^ I miss the part to control emotions and curse people.

I like those ideas Would be fun. Tho, landing all debuffs at once would be a bit OP, but i guess they could make nanos into same nanoline, so we can use 1, and new always overwrite old debuff.

But Kiintai said they wanna keep some ideas for future booster and such. A little fix on current doc and I wanna test it

the %fumble would definitely make a good aura, just seems we would never get it, or it will be nerfed so bad as to be pointless.
    Also, with NSD being nerfed, any word yet if the NSD removers are going to be taken out?

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    The Rihwen will instead be the 215 pet.
    You still have to get it from biodome? I doubt many people will go through all that trouble if it only lasts 4 lvls..

I dont think so. Somewhere i read: if you already have Rihwen nano, you will get new 220 pet. I think new 220 pet will be biodome. But both pets are AI pets, dunno how they solve this tho. But it should be hard to get also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutyimutyi View Post
    But it should be hard to get also.
    Why so?

Ah, you mean, like getting a Widowmaker. IMHO, Carlo and Rihwen/Future notum scrotum should be easier to obtain then it is so today.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Aw sry, forgot a not Rihwen shouldnt be hard to get. Small quest or something. Widow is easy to get, but 219 dog is hard. So imo Carlo and Notum Scourge are fine as biodome pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutyimutyi View Post
    Aw sry, forgot a not Rihwen shouldnt be hard to get. Small quest or something. Widow is easy to get, but 219 dog is hard. So imo Carlo and Notum Scourge are fine as biodome pets.
    219 dog is actually buyable from garden. It's the zombie dog that requires grinding apf's... (just nitpicking since i didn't have anything better to waste my time on).
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

input

Rarely do i bother with forums, after reading a page or 2 of a thread called what MP's cant do or something like that I was really surprised. MP's have always been a support prof. Debuffs and pets to me were always "supposed" to be our main weapons. I don't think when AO was launched mp's were envisioned to be able to OD their pet. In fact creation weapons were the defacto ubber MP weapons back then. Being based 80% nano skill for AR you couldnt buy a better weapon for MP's. So the rebalance sounds to me like a way to get back to those roots. More focus on creation weapons and nano skills and less on trying to be a DD machine. For giggles I pulled an old post http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...5&postcount=14 to show maybe my idea about MP's wasn't so far off the norm even back then. Although I would still like to be able to use 1hb/2hb perks with creation weapons including champion weapon lines. I hate to hear dominates and debuffs are getting changed for the worse.
    I was actually hoping we could get some major OP aoe nano debuff + DD debuff, that would send all the other profs crying nerf. Imagine the holy terrors we would be. Even if just for a week till it got patch nerf removed.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

There is 1 prob with current not DD mps (and will have same prob after rebalance IF we dont get enough DD): we wont get team invites. Especially nowadays, no public raids, most stuff u collect with 1 team or even less than 6. So if ppl have to choose, we are 1 of the less invited prof.

But, after watching nano doc again and again, i think we will be fine with "oldschool setup" nano + pet. Well i dont want to use any 1hb/2hb perks or coli/cohi. And if they dont change much on current docs, seems ill be able to skip those lines.

Im afraid healpet will be nerfed, but as you said Psikie, i hope we can enjoy it for just a little

We will be fine and alone ^^ /shrug

i dont know about you guys but I've always gotten team invites based off my rep as a good player, regardless of the prof I play. Now granted that won't help a new player much, but I've ALWAYS been of the mind set that a smart player is waaaay better than a twinked out noob. Your equipment won't mean jack if you don't know how to hit the platforms in vortex and DB1 or how to kick shades at collector etc etc... So balance or not i'm still going to be a good player and I will adjust to what ever situation AO presents me. Would I like to be best at everything class, sure. But I started playing MP because of the concept. My thought was always kinda like the summoner from diablo 1-2. You remember skeletons- blood golems. Creation weapons with summons fit the role play aspect I envisioned. Now technically I feel we should have the best att pet because original AO pre notum wars we did. That was our weapon and creation weapons helped atrox have enough nano cost to over cast pets. But alas perks and research made that kinda moot. But personally I would vote to give up quite a bit if I could get a Rhiwen with 2-3x AR and 2-3x DD. Prob won't happen but I would vote for it in exchange for lesser personal weapon support. That way I could send my pet and actually sit back and do support debuffing/nano/healing for the team instead of being primary DD with my pet a glorified DoT, that I have to keep buffed along with being team support.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

There are layers in game that stop damage by absorbing it, there are 2 type of blockers that stop regular/special hits by just absorbing them, but there is nothing that stops perk damage (Except layers that absorb all kinds of damage)

So, why not give mp's something like that, perhaps team based, would be rather unique and very usefull.
    It could take away a fixed % of incoming perk damage or work as a regular blocker and nullify all inc damage from a perk, it's up to the devs to figure it out, but at least it's an idea for something unique

Or even take it one step further and make it affect all kind of nanobot damage altogether, woohoo! (that way it's also usefull agains nukes AND in pvm)
    Last edited by swedoc; May 16th, 2011 at 08:07:36.

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast