Thread: MP Nano Document Discussion Thread

Thats good as I was about to emo rage if our new heal pet could run out of nano like ours can at the moment
    Still here

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Me and Genele have already talked about this one and your redesigned pets will find it EXTREMELY DIFFICULT if not *impossible* to run out of nano. 'cause that's just lame.
    Lovely
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by gaia3 View Post
    Love the changes going to be introduced to MPs, but have some concerns:

1. Debuffs
    Current debuffs may work good for PVP, or maybe not – have to test em, but for sure they are close to nothing at PVM. The biggest MP problem – team desirability may be solved if we got some changes in debuffs like –
    - PVM version of NSD capable to shutdown some abilities on nowadays bosses 100% of time
    - PVM version of damage debuff, with maybe smaller value of debuffing, but with possibility to keep it on mob 100% of the time.

2. Pets
    Another way to give MPs some use in team is nano healing.
    Give us the ability to switch Heal Pet for nano healing, and it will may make the real difference on how MPs can work in team.

Attack pet
    219 Pet with 2500 nanoskills is not something we have to twink hard for.
    2500 TS/MC is the usuall value on my trox MP in nano setup with current gear. Everyone will cast new pet with some huds swapping.
    Give us one more 220 pet, let it be something like 2700 TS/MC and it will be the real challenge for twinking, so we can have two real choices on pet twinking.

3. Creation weapons
    As we are supposed to be nanoskills oriented prof, creation weapons AR template should be 100%TS+25%weap, not vice versa. Let us use nano based perks instead of weapon perks.
    Our creation weapons should hit for 1/1 and do 200-300 damage (as NTs one), to allow us to land some procs.
    With the current proposed AR template we still have much lower AR compared to AR other profs have. Not sure the new weapon bufs will change much.

4. And pls we need some kind of alpha protection with SS gone.

Ihave to bump this

Leduc69 Soli MP 220/30
    Duckz Trox FIX 220/30
    Duczor Opi MA 220/25
    Theducman Nano NT 165/23
    Lazzay Soli CRAT 150/20
    Ducshot Trox TRAD 141

Chest-kicker since 2007 - http://thespartans.org

can u guys give atleast the healpet to us like... now?
    its kinda annoying running round bs with max equipp and 43% static reflect, and still get alphad by kinda everyone up there...

u really messed up this proffession. Im so frustrated after 1h playing that i just wanna quit ao again.

^^ And here I'm just so damn happy cause I "finished" my setup. :3

But I would agree with Tabslock. WTB Healpets now!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

You're doing something WRONG.

Endgame MP's are retarded hard to kill. Even 215 ones with stupid shield are like relfect evade tanks with self heals... wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post

Endgame MP's are retarded hard to kill. Even 215 ones with stupid shield are like relfect evade tanks with self heals... wtf?
    Yeah I bet those beasts kill you all the time, right? Go make another thread about TL5 Keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    Yeah I bet those beasts kill you all the time, right? Go make another thread about TL5 Keepers.
    wut

Dont underestimate 215 MPs !
    RK2 - Bolrn 215/21 Sexi Man Beast MP #1

RK1 - Turtlewaxr 86/7 Sexi Man Beast Trader #1

Nubshield MP's are retarded hard to kill. Even 215 ones with stupid shield are like relfect evade tanks with self heals... wtf?
    fixed :3

Claiming all MPs who use sheilds are "nubs" is just ignorant and additionally does nothing to disprove his claim. It's not like he claimed they go around slaughtering people left and right - but the fact remains they are hard to kill for most people whether or not you want to admit it.

I call Shield of Zset as Nubshield and nothing will change my opnion about it. I called nub the shield not the MP.

The shield is only as strong as the person who holds it, ive more than once encountered myself as bow slaughtering shield Mps but at the same time ive seen shield Mps do awesome surviving a horde of ppl. Nubshield? Im sure it gives an edge in survival but u trade being able to kill ppl reliably, being shouted at for being a nub and having a boring time just waiting untill the other person dies. So no its not a nubshield however to me a boring playstyle which is why im glad creations got the bow in docs
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    The shield is only as strong as the person who holds it, ive more than once encountered myself as bow slaughtering shield Mps but at the same time ive seen shield Mps do awesome surviving a horde of ppl.
    Agreed.

One thing I've learned while wearing the shield, is that I traded survivability for the ability to kill quickly. The "gank and run" playstyle seems to cater to people who need instant gratification when it comes to killing in PVP. I find it to be not so fun pushing the same 4 buttons in the same order (every time even) to gain some sort of sense of achievement over someone who is in no position to retaliate. I find it way more satisfying tearing someone down in chunks (while staring at them in the face) until they utterly give up.

That is the secret of war, by Sun Tzu. You don't win by killing people in massive truckloads. It helps, but its not assured. Destroy their will to continue fighting.. and you win every time.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Nanocost seems bit... harsh for low levels.

On the question of lower level nanocosts:

You will do more damage for the same nano-cost with the new nukes at all levels... or you could see it as being able to do the same damage for much less nanocost by casting them a bit less often...

And you will do more damage per second with the new nukes at all levels as well... and be able to cast other nanos while doing that.... either more nukes for even more dps... or debuffs/pet buffs etc.

Frigid Blast used to do 1.45 minimum damage per nano-point. New Frigid Blast (now Wintery Bayonet) does 2.0 min damage per nano-point. 37% more damage per point of nano spent.

Mind Howl used to do 1.36 min damage per nano-point. New Mind Howl does 1.66 min damage per nano-point. 22% more damage per point of nano spent.

Frigid Blast used to do min damage of 160 and at that level, with a casting time of 3.45 could be cast at best every 2 seconds = 80 dps. Probably a fair bit slower in most situations. Wintery Bayonet does 608 min damage every 4 secs = 152 dps and with a 1s attack time will be instacast in most situations at its level. So at least 90% more dps - while giving 37% more damage per nano point spent.

And because you can cast other stuff in between the new nukes (because the cool-down is longer than the recharge) - you can maintain that 95% more dps - while also casting other nanos - e.g. debuffs... but on the old nukes, you had to use all of your casting time to maintain far less dps.

Old Mind Howl optimistically did 118.5 dps whereas New Mind Howl does 165.5 dps.... and leaves you time to cast other stuff while doing that.

As far as I can tell by scanning them by eye, these results basically hold through both lines.
    I think the effect above reduces as you go higher in the lines. But there does seem to have generally been improvement in damage, whether you look at it in terms of dps or damage per nano.

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Apr 13th, 2011 at 10:50:43.
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    I call Shield of Zset as Nubshield and nothing will change my opnion about it. I called nub the shield not the MP.
    r u a shield?

No, you just plain suck and that's about it.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Are nukes going to be strong enough as to make it somewhat realistic to use them over weapons in fights(i.e. Metaing's does very little damage end game will the new nukes actually make a noticeable dent in a TL7 mob's HP bar?). Also reading the pet casting changes 15 seconds is plenty most MPs endgame should have enough evades to easily cast in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by rizma View Post
    Are nukes going to be strong enough as to make it somewhat realistic to use them over weapons in fights(i.e. Metaing's does very little damage end game will the new nukes actually make a noticeable dent in a TL7 mob's HP bar?).
    Considering we are going to have +200% nanodamage perk, we should be able to hit for 25k+ sometimes.
    Molotoff Cocktail

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast