Thread: MP Nano Document Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Lets not overlook that we're gaining 20% DtP, 2x the nuke power we have now (4x in short bursts), 4x the healing we have now, AOE mezz and better pets. NSD got nerfed hard and the DD debuffs nerfed slightly, but it's not like we gained nothing .
    Yeh its kinda been a sort of sacrificing one thing to be better at another thing whilst still being divided over different setups (nanoskills/weaponskills)

Hes right Lain, ull survive atleast 10 seconds as long as the damage debuff lasts, then ur stuck with immunity which is when u will die
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

That's why I added "let Notum Scourge take agg" . With the taun proc and the aggressiveness buff I'm hoping 10 seconds will be long enough.

Debuff does not affect nanodamage IIRC, so if it's a shade or other perk heavy prof you're still dead pretty quickly
    But hey, you win some, lose others.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

:3 Try It when he hits 4.5kish in Rihwen speed

LOL Metafly. 10s \o/
    Last edited by lainbr; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 19:23:52.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

The more i read the MP doc the more i like it. Well, in all. AR and creation weps are our biggest probs ofc. (in Ranger perk only 6 avaible for us).

Dunno who asked for 100% wep based AR but u forgot few things:

- we cant buff ANY wep skills (only doc cant, everybody else can)
    - and biggest problem (i think) we cant raise bow/1hb as much as we want. I mean, you simply cant spend more IP on skill coz "you reached the cap".

FC forcing us to use weps, bow,1hb whatever, but all skills dark blue, and as i said earlier, u cant spend 20-25 / skill. For FS top is 10 i think, bow and pistol maybe 15. So if you caunt the points u cant spend on important skills from lvl 1 to 220, it will be easly 300, maybe 400 skills. "Rebalancing" should mean they look at the whole prof, especially on wep skills for mps. Its like.. crat or engi having dark blue nano skills since AO beta and FC refuse to fix it. FC made a mistake when they totally nerfed ALL MP WEP skills. Time to fix this! 10 years old setup, a bit outdated. Its like, forcing NTs to use shooty with current IP setup.

Yes i know mp always had creation weps but those were just "extras". Many years ago, when i rolled my mp pets was our top stuffs. 5 years ago nobody asked an MP "why ur using Kyr'ozch weps?" Wep was just a 2nd choice, choosing play style. Shen, bow, shooty, 1hb, 2hb, didnt make much difference. But time is changing, if they say rebalance, they should fix 10 years old mistakes also. Not only the last few years unbalancing OP addons.

Realy depends on the new pets, but i think in duels we do better than before. Static 33% reflect (20+13 even in pvm/sl), much more healing, more def. I hated those dmg debuffs. Now its more effective, old buffs didnt have much effect in pvp, now it will.
    Now you dont have to tank more adds coz mezz pet will do it for u, so aiming for 1 target, this dmg debuff is better imo. Also, we get more evades from buff, finally pet can tank some, so imo we can kill the same mobs as we could before, or even more. If we can "ignore" the adds with mezz pet help, bosses wont be that hard. Also if u use snare proc on pet, u can get hide.
    With that evade buff, in AS setup ill have 3k static def which is not bad, with a shield it will be 3,3k.

I realy realy want FC to fix our wep skills, also its a shame they give us a lot 1hb and 2hb weps to use and symbs dont support them. With a shield and decent IPs on 1hb, we could go for dreadloch 1hb which would be enough DD at least for pvm.

FC mixing up MP too much, but at some points, it fails. Symbs vs attack skills/wep, very small caps on IP. Short on all spec attack skills also, locked in many perks (so far, may change soon) also cant buff anything self. At least if we had a +100 bow buff like engis have granade/pistol but no...

We have LOWEST AR in game, but they expect us to hit a target with a 3/3 wep. I can count on 1 hand how many times ill hit anything if i start using nukes and debuffs THAT FC expect from us to use.

So i ask for:

- Rethink about MP IP sharing system
    - Fix creation weps (if IP redone as it should be, weps may have 1,4-1,8k req as it wont be hard to self then)

And i didnt even ask for spec attacks. But this new MP system seems interesting, maybe we wont need AS to kill somebody.

Since i am just comparing Pet Profs in PVP now..... MP's have the weakest def.
    We have only 1 Attack Pet, wich is also the weakest of all 220sh pets.
    Our Healpet is a Joke, since it can't even survive an Engie Alpha (o.O what about that, seriously...)
    You don't even have to cast your mezzpet, since its totally useless.

In 1on1 situations, Engie pets just rip u apart, while he doesnt even has to use cocoon most of the times. Crats Steal ur pets, and theres nothing u can do about it. NSD is useless on both, since if pets are guarding, they even insta attack in duels (if u are able to land NSD, wich is resistet more than 50% and can be removed)

Than i thought: "Hey, Proc nsd maybe could rock!"
    Seriously, tryed to land that in pvp?

Much crying till now, but i know we are quite good against some professions, like agents, who don't stand any chances right now.

After rebalance, our debuffs are even crappier than now. Seems like NTs are getting the role we should have in teams.
    The important pet buffs only work, when we equipp stupid creation weapons.
    Spec blocks gone, reflect shield gone.

I like the dmg to pet thing tho. But since you take us 300 def, 10% reflect and 5 spec blockers, we are totally screwed now i guess.
    2 Suggestions i would like:
    a)Let the top dmg to pet amount stay at 30%.
    b)If you really have to take that "cooldown/lockout on everything" way, let the -% nano dmg effect perk dmg also. (like it was before it got nerfed)

I know alot of this has already been said, and my english is not perfect too, but i had to say somethings myself, cause im quite upset how the nano doc turned out to be. I was really looking forward for it beeing released.
    U guys are making one of the weakest and most unimportant prof ingame even more undesirable.

btw i only got 1 high character and i play my MP 6 years with a passion. And now i have to think about rerolling an NT or something.....

Oh and i forgot.. we dont have to use coli/cola or ranger. FC can make MC/TS based weps, and give us own perk lines. I dont think any NT ever used those perks..

Quote Originally Posted by Tutyimutyi View Post
    With that evade buff, in AS setup ill have 3k static def which is not bad, with a shield it will be 3,3k.
    Agents can have 3.5k AR, Advs too..... Soldiers can hit the 3.7k mark, also Fixers have 3.3k+ AR, Engs and Crats have 3k.... And thats all w/o MR...

So, plz dont say 3k is enought. I can push 3.4k def and still raped by everybody but def agents and hp docs.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

We don't have what we asked for, far from it. we've got what our professionals and ex-professionals traditionally have asked for. The profession is never looked as a whole and now we have this rubbish that will need lots of nerfs and band aids alike. There is no way to pick it and you can't say that there has been a lot of attention from developers placed to it since it was only nerf and give this away as a compensation.

For the MPs, they need:
    * General weapon support (bow, pistol, 1hb and 2hb). I am not saying magically giving away 1000+ AO but retooling our setup (research, ofab, symbiants, nanos...) to get an overall offensive increment of 500 to 1000. That will let them hit normal hits and non dependent on special attacks (AS, perk that does AS damage, fling+burst, full auto, bow special attack or whatever) and it will also let MPs use their procs effectively.
    * MPs are a pet profession. I don't understand why some people here wants to limit the number of MPs that can reach high level pets by forcing uber high nanoskill setups. Lower the requisites for the pets and raise them for the nukes to make up for it. Using health setups should prevent the use of high level nukes (we are not NTs) and not pets (we are a pet profession).
    * High nanoskill setups sacrifice life that is needed to survive specially for the "defenses" we have been given, healing and damage reduction.
    * Give back the debuff role of MPs, An MP should be able to have a target permadebuffed even if the numbers are lower. The idea of two lines, one that stays for a minute and has a reasonable debuff and a high cost-short duration 15-20seconds heavy debuff should be considered back. % debuffs since they are single target, are not able to take away all the nanodamage and healing of the target and can be resisted should be long duration and have not immunity or just give a 25% reflect for all MPs and none will complain. I will miss CoC.

I'd have loved to have seen perma debuffs and improved weapon support - and we tried - but these decisions are made by the Devs, not us.

I'm also a little unclear as to why the 2,500 MC/TS req is considered such a problem? I'm lvl 217 right now, with S10 symbs (excepting a 220 brain symb), one perk in nano doctorate and only a alien communications relay for nano-skill buffing in the hud/util, and I'm at just over 2,300 MC/TS. Swap in the nano-skill HUD 3, a nano controller unit and infused and regular ancient nano enhancers and that's 2,500. It's a bit of farming, granted, but not all that bad really. The last perk document had us picking up an additional 60 nanoskills in the Ancient Knowledge perk line as well. If someone doesn't want to swap as much to get their pets out I'm guessing there will be the option of just perking nano doctorate. Those with actual nano-skill focused setups won't need to swap at all.

The difficulty is there where u have to sacrifice evades for getting the nanoskills without having to swap gear. Our evades already arent that awesome, so we need every little bit we can get, but if we need to cast that pet and we dont wanna swap then we need to permanently wear some nanoskill buffing items at cost of crippling ourselfs
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

We don't have what we asked for, far from it. we've got what our professionals and ex-professionals traditionally have asked for.
    No we didn't. We didn't at all.

D'oh... he's still not listening to me anyway.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

I'd have loved to have seen perma debuffs and improved weapon support - and we tried - but these decisions are made by the Devs, not us.

I'm also a little unclear as to why the 2,500 MC/TS req is considered such a problem? I'm lvl 217 right now, with S10 symbs (excepting a 220 brain symb), one perk in nano doctorate and only a alien communications relay for nano-skill buffing in the hud/util, and I'm at just over 2,300 MC/TS. Swap in the nano-skill HUD 3, a nano controller unit and infused and regular ancient nano enhancers and that's 2,500. It's a bit of farming, granted, but not all that bad really. The last perk document had us picking up an additional 60 nanoskills in the Ancient Knowledge perk line as well. If someone doesn't want to swap as much to get their pets out I'm guessing there will be the option of just perking nano doctorate. Those with actual nano-skill focused setups won't need to swap at all.
    :P Thats cause you not Bow and can use eye and rhand symbs <3

I am a shield noob

Yes, I got the equipment to get 2500 and 2700 MC.

No, I don't want to loose evades, life and or any other form of protection (like blind resistance) for that.

I use eye and r-hand imps. 11sec AS with scope. 2,5k is not much, i got 2,6k MC with conc. TS maybe lower a bit, if i have to swap 1 stuff for pet, fine.
    IF FC willing to make this pet enough strong, we wont have to recast so often. Also, 1 min lock on pet recast time. If u have to swap 2-3 items top, it wont be much. Hud3 and infused ancient stuff goes fast. On my adv i have to swap even reani cloak to use my 1h poison buff.. thats the shame and i use alpha symbs.

Thats the good thing about having no AS on creation weapon bow, u wont have to cripple ur nanoskills to get AS in slots. But imo damage goes down to much with it being 3/3, so i imagine ppl might keep on using the Tigress even if AS is a little worse, i mean with two swaps maybe three i can get that pet out already

Edit: Actually just had a clear moment.... if FC would like to meet us at finding some AR, they could buff the Bow/1HB/2HB skill we lack on the weapon itself. Its not castable by any other professions therefor cant be abused, the amount of AR u get is really scalable by FC themselfs. And it could be exactly enough for us to hit our AR we need without having to create more items. A small buff could be good too tho
    Last edited by Metafly7; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 23:02:59.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    So... NT doc is out and they can also, practically, chain-calm our pets.
    I case you missed it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    On Pet Calming: Quickie note which effects more than just 'crats: We have decided that in the future, calms used against all player pets will effect the pets in the same fashion as a player target (IE: not an actual 'calm' but instead an init debuff which breaks on hit).
    blah

and how we hit our own pets?

Would DtP work as a hit on pet?
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast