Thread: economy problems

economy problems

here are a few suggestions about the economy in general:

1. make armor worth less credit to buy. They are way too expensive to buy for any lvl. Talk about a waste of money... Please lower the cost of armor so poeple would actually buy the armor instead of always blitzing for it. Armor being worth less money would naturally make selling armor less profitable.

2. make high ql yalm faster. Yalms are bugged to travel at the same speed. making them faster woudl give player more of an incentive to buy them.

3. selling map packs. selling whole regions of maps so one could upload a whole section of rubika shoudl be made available.

4. sell more of the higher ql nano/weapons for high costs.

5. gambling- a fun way to gamble for some of the more rare items would be a fun money sink for the game.

6. Charging money to use the fixer grid for toher classes. This should not be a cheap fee, but high for the richer folk of rubika.

Re: economy problems

Originally posted by superrock
    here are a few suggestions about the economy in general:

1. make armor worth less credit to buy. They are way too expensive to buy for any lvl. Talk about a waste of money... Please lower the cost of armor so poeple would actually buy the armor instead of always blitzing for it. Armor being worth less money would naturally make selling armor less profitable.

2. make high ql yalm faster. Yalms are bugged to travel at the same speed. making them faster woudl give player more of an incentive to buy them.

3. selling map packs. selling whole regions of maps so one could upload a whole section of rubika shoudl be made available.

4. sell more of the higher ql nano/weapons for high costs.

5. gambling- a fun way to gamble for some of the more rare items would be a fun money sink for the game.

6. Charging money to use the fixer grid for toher classes. This should not be a cheap fee, but high for the richer folk of rubika.
    1. Making armour cheaper as a way of fixing the economy? Not sure on that one. You would still only be able to buy up to 125 and people would still blitz for it. Most people wear mission only these days anyway and I doubt that lowering the price of nail armour in shops is going to make it come back into fashion. (This argument sounds more like a "I want cheaper armour because I cannot be bothered to pay or blitz for it)

2. Fix the higher lvl yalms? Excellent idea, but imho people who could afford a working lvl 200 yalm wouldn't bother. These would be high lvls who have all the ip they want in the world to spend on run speed (also useful in missions, which vehicle air is not) and probably also have their +210 run speed board.

3. Map packs? Even if you buy the full set you have still spent less than 15k. I fail to see how this would fix the economy at all. (This sounds more like "It is such hassle to get all these maps").

4. We'd all love to be able to buy all our nanos in the shops, since they are readily available in missions (Clicksaver) I doubt that anyone is going to fork out millions for a non-rare nano. (This sounds a bit like the first argument. "I can't be bothered")

5. Gambling? Why not... shop of fortune was probably intended for some such purpose in the future. But fix the economy? I doubt it.

6. Fixer grid would be nice, but I bet the fixers would be a bit ticked off. I also doubt that this would suddenly drain millions off the total credits distributed on RK. (This sounds a lot like "I want the fixer grid for my non-fixer chars").

The problem with the economy is that there is money coming in constantly and none going out:

The only money that truly leaves the game is that spent in trade terminals and at high lvls only people who craft are really buying anything of any significant value in shops.

On the other hand, there is plenty of money coming in:
    1) The most talked about is exploiting. I have no idea how big this issue really is, but now it's been mentioned
    2) Mobs all drop money and goodies that can be sold for credits
    3) Crafting adds value. Once you have bought your tools crafting something like a lvl 100 ring costs very little (less than 1k to make) and sells for 40k+ for the successful trader. Initially the tool purchasing is expensive, but if you make enough rings etc you are raking it in and metal and gems are readily available.

Things that might fix the economy a bit would be things like:
    a) Tax (which no one wants becuase they come here to have fun, not to live real life) or
    b) Making items decay (like UO or Project Entropia). Again, I doubt if that would be a popular choice... imagine having your yalm decay around you after 24 hours of existance or x number of RK miles. No one would like this, but it might contribute towards fixing the economy.

*Gets off soapbox*

Ylara.

Re: Re: economy problems

Originally posted by Ylara

The only money that truly leaves the game is that spent in trade terminals and at high lvls only people who craft are really buying anything of any significant value in shops.

Ylara.
    Amen to this one.

I think its just INSANE to lower the cost of nano creation so its cheaper to make nanos yet when you want to make a stim or a emergency med pack it costs you upwards of 750-800K for a moderate one.

Yeah I make tons of credits just selling nanos I make but if someone wants to make the item by spending that precious IP in pharmtek then funcom should lower the cost of making these.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

How about having to bribe Tarasque (or other unique mobs) with a lot money (like 50 million) or a VERY expensive shop sold item before you get anything to drop off him? Just a thought hehe.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

Originally posted by Sparkyd
    How about having to bribe Tarasque (or other unique mobs) with a lot money (like 50 million) or a VERY expensive shop sold item (this would have to be added, maybe like a 30 million credit piece of meat or something like that? ) before you get anything to drop off him? Just a thought hehe.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

The new yalms cost about 45 to 70 mil. The ground attack vehicles will probably have similar or higher prices, and towers will probably be a significant investment for a guild.

Money sinks: the biggest feature of the booster pack.

hmm yeah but

are the new yalms not also with a ridiculously high air vehicle skill?

from what i hear they only appear in ql 100+ meaning you have to gimp yourself to fly one.

granted you have the ip at higher level but still wtf is that?
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.