Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Adventurer Nano Documentation

We gained a healingmorph, and now our single heals hit others *twice* when we cast them. How is that *losing* healing power?
    Last edited by Flipyap; Feb 19th, 2011 at 01:07:29. Reason: Made post less hostile... sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    If she was hardcore, she'd not need a mini-tms, ps I find this a slap in the face of my soldier.
    A 10 second boost to reflects that is 20 points less than top soldier reflects and 30 second shorter duration with a 180 second cooldown and you are offended? Exactly what part about the tank morph advy do you find so offensive, and how much is your pride hurt with keepers able to "TMS" every 60 seconds?

You guys thinking this is a lot of "boosting" for adventurers are either middle school level math drop-outs or somehow failed to understand the concept of NOT. I wish I could get a table in here to show how stupid these observations, or I should say lack of observations are.

Tank morph will have 37 reflects, weak AOE taunts, mediocre single taunts, a 10 second boost to reflects with a 180 second cooldown, and full bio cocoon.

Tank morph will have NO HEALS, NO EVADES, NO OFFENSE, NO DAMAGE, NO RUNSPEED, NO PERCEPTION.

Evade morph will have single heals, evades, perception, runspeed, weak bio cocoon, and full acrobat use.

Evade morph will have NO REFLECTS, NO OFFENSE, NO DAMAGE, NO CH, NO EMERGENCY HEAL, NO TEAM HEAL.

Perhaps a nice side note is that no morphed advy will have any mezzing capabilities.

Honestly this should be enough. Unless someone can actually point out something that is still overpowered in this document just be quiet, cause it is really annoying to hear constantly baseless crying over ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipyap View Post
    We gained a healingmorph, and now our single heals hit others *twice* when we cast them. How is that *losing* healing power?
    Because healing power was equal across the board before. Now you have to trade off a significant loss of damage/def to gain healing power that was like an advy's previous healing ability. I'm not saying that's a bad thing at all . But certainly an advy's ability to do everything at once (healing in particular) has taken a large hit and they have been given nice role-specific boosts in return... which is great.

They only hit twice when you've given up the option of higher damage or defence, and heals are only even useable in certain forms.
    Last edited by Redesine; Feb 19th, 2011 at 01:17:32.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

So instead of getting a crat, doc, enf, and sold now you just get an adv, adv, adv, and adv. They can perform way better than fp agents in another professions role, and can swap around at will every 15s.

Why do advs get taunts, and aoe ones at that? They'll be able to taunt way better than keepers, who were supposed to get some love in this area right? Why do advs get better conceal buffs than shades? Why do perception buffs still buff so much? Why does robust treatment buff as much as Superior First Aid? Why do adv calms appear to no longer have "not in fight" attached to them? Etc.

Second best taunters, second best healers, tied for best calmers, solid damage, second highest continuous reflects, solid evades, bio cocoon. Yeah not all at once, but seriously, all adv teams now bring as much to the table as multiple profession teams, and can swap as needed on the fly. What role do other professions now play?
    Last edited by Anarrina; Feb 19th, 2011 at 05:01:43. Reason: removed obscenitites

Quote Originally Posted by Agarwaen View Post
    Traders get bombed back to Stoneage after Rebalance and Advys get luv as hell.... nerf!
    Yeah, and which of these advy morphs could kill a trader based on the documentation? Damage/offense morph which lacks healing and would likely be unable to perk after spending 2 seconds draining them? The evade advy which has severaly nerfed rates of healing, a nerf to bio cocoon, absolutely no offense or damage, and no NR to resist your toolset? Perhaps the healing morph with its ample healing, but unfortunately will probably be unable to survive because after 10 seconds the healing morph will have no evades, damage mitigation, OR nano pool. That leaves the tank morph, which is like an enforcer with 23000 max health, no runspeed, no damage or offense, and absolutely no healing, maybe it will get lucky and yyou alpha yourself during the 10 seconds it has good defense.

Do you even have a possible argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    I wish I could get a table in here to show how stupid these observations, or I should say lack of observations are.
    The table is right there in the first post in handy .xls format. People just aren't reading it properly.

I'll admit, at first glace it looks bad, but get into it a bit and you easily see the nice balancing and trade-offs going on.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    Wolf: Single heals - not bad, but completely losing Acro is also pretty jacked up
    Advys aren't losing Acro in wolf form, in fact that's where it's strongest.

Also, did nobody else notice that Kintaii never said that Tank/Wolf will get 0 benefit from Acro/Coon in the unrelated FPs? Like 0 Acro in Tank, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    So instead of getting a crat, doc, enf, and sold now you just get an adv, adv, adv, and adv. They can perform way better than fp agents in another professions role, and can swap around at will every 15s.

Why the F*&^ do advs get taunts, and aoe ones at that? They'll be able to taunt way better than keepers, who were supposed to get some love in this area right? Why do advs get better conceal buffs than shades? Why do perception buffs still buff so much? Why does robust treatment buff as much as Superior First Aid? Why do adv calms appear to no longer have "not in fight" attached to them? Etc.

Second best taunters, second best healers, tied for best calmers, solid damage, second highest continuous reflects, solid evades, bio cocoon. Yeah not all at once, but seriously, all adv teams now bring as much to the table as multiple profession teams, and can swap as needed on the fly. What role do other professions now play?
    Pretty much this. When I first read it, my initial thought was "well, this should have been the Agent doc."
    Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    The table is right there in the first post in handy .xls format. People just aren't reading it properly.

I'll admit, at first glace it looks bad, but get into it a bit and you easily see the nice balancing and trade-offs going on.
    I'll admit, my first readthrough was before work at 7:30 AM. Clearly, I missed some things.

Certainly though, you can't call a level of taunting that beats out Keepers balanced. You can't possibly justify a perception buff that large that's castable on others, and has a 4 hour duration. There is no reason at all that Advys should get more conceal buffing than Shades. A nemesis nano that only hurts Agents and Shades, while everyone else laughs it off, is nonsensical. Having a Treatment/First Aid buff as good as Doctors? What for?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Morphs:

I think the sabre should be moved to the tank form. The reason being is that the animation for the sabre works really well when it is fighting, raising itself up on its hind quarters to hit. I've seen enforcers in sabre, and with challenger running they look impressive. Would be good to add a scaling modifier to the sabre in tank mode to accentuate the effect.

With that said, keep the wolf for the evade form, and use the scorp mode for the AAO form.

For the healer, the Malah would probably work well, but please, please do not make us sing like them.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Everything is fine, but the need for tank mode is really... Weird. I mean, why?

P.S.
    I would like Malah for my MP's mez pet. kthnxbai
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    Morphs:

I think the sabre should be moved to the tank form. The reason being is that the animation for the sabre works really well when it is fighting, raising itself up on its hind quarters to hit. I've seen enforcers in sabre, and with challenger running they look impressive. Would be good to add a scaling modifier to the sabre in tank mode to accentuate the effect.

With that said, keep the wolf for the evade form, and use the scorp mode for the AAO form.

For the healer, the Malah would probably work well, but please, please do not make us sing like them.
    This is actually a good suggestion. I approve. But only slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Why do advs get taunts, and aoe ones at that? They'll be able to taunt way better than keepers, who were supposed to get some love in this area right? Why do advs get better conceal buffs than shades? Why do perception buffs still buff so much? Why does robust treatment buff as much as Superior First Aid?
    Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Certainly though, you can't call a level of taunting that beats out Keepers balanced. You can't possibly justify a perception buff that large that's castable on others, and has a 4 hour duration. There is no reason at all that Advys should get more conceal buffing than Shades. A nemesis nano that only hurts Agents and Shades, while everyone else laughs it off, is nonsensical. Having a Treatment/First Aid buff as good as Doctors? What for?
    Bit confused by this.

Keepers have a 20,000 point taunt (with reverse knockback) in their doc. Advies' highest is 11,585. (To compare numbers, the highest adv AoE taunt is 3,150.)

Unless I'm very much mistaken, advies can currently buff others with 980 perception. If the new nano document was brought into effect tomorrow, they would only be able to buff 240 perception.

In the shade nano document, there is a +800 conceal buff. Advies' max is +700.

A tool that turns a beneficial skill like conceal into a not-so-beneficial one for 10 seconds sounds quite interesting.

As for SFA? Honestly, I don't see why not. It only means there's more people to beg from and takes the buffbegging strain from docs a little.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Feb 19th, 2011 at 05:06:29. Reason: numbers
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

/Bows to Genele in recognition of her ruining the adventurer profession.

You ignore FA, that we have used for years, you tell us we will get a special AS attack that subsequently only agents will get

You force us into AS for pvm

And just to add a sprinkle of salt to the wound you take away Poisonus Bite, the one thing that made JEPP+any other decent pistol a viable setup

I really, really hope you are proud of yourself

*I thought i didnt care about my advy before, after reading this wretched document i still find myself angry*

Still, i guess this is YOUR vision and thats probably all that counts to you...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Funcom: Take a look at the 'Perception Buffs: 191'-part of the document. The Hawk's Gaze points to Eagle Eye, and "The Hawk's Gaze" modifies 'Aimed Shot = 0'.

Either fix, or explain, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipyap View Post
    Funcom: Take a look at the 'Perception Buffs: 191'-part of the document. The Hawk's Gaze points to Eagle Eye, and "The Hawk's Gaze" modifies 'Aimed Shot = 0'.

Either fix, or explain, please.
    just showing that the 20 AS mod currently on eagle eye is gone.
    Last edited by Scum; Feb 19th, 2011 at 02:52:59.

I really hope the professionals wernt a part of this Nonsense. Way to break a profession/game/playerbase FC
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Thank you for clarifying.

My short summary: (Note: This is the first rebalance-document I've read)
    I've finished reading document and discussing it (only took me 8 hours...), and I've gotta say adventurers looks like they'll be a fun class to play.
    We will not be as "omfgz-super-duper-OP" as some of you seem to think. Yes, we will be able to handle ourselves in *most* situations BUT, we will have to chose morphs and buffs according to situations.

As tanks we will have high AC, some reflect, a lot of NR and Crit decrease, but we won't be able to heal at all!

As leet's we will have high perception and concealment, but only 'Emergency heals', no evades and no reflects.

As wolves, we will have high evades, RS and perception. But less heals, no NR and no Crit decrease.

As cats, we will have high dmg output, but with lesser heals, no NR and others...

As "normal"-form we will be low on dmg, heals, RS, perception, concealment and others. But we will have rooted pets, casting a HP/nano replenisment aura.

So, it may seem the Adventurer will be (as I said) able to handle itself in most situations, but not as good as for instance docs @ healing, Enforcers @ tanking, fixers @ evading, etc.

I, for one, think this change is superb! The Adventurer has now finally gone back to it's roots and is more true to it's initial description.

My 2 cents...
    Last edited by Flipyap; Feb 19th, 2011 at 03:21:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    You ignore FA, that we have used for years...
    Guess what, things change. And please cut out your doom and gloom you're not contributing anything to this thread.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    You ignore FA, that we have used for years, you tell us we will get a special AS attack that subsequently only agents will get

You force us into AS for pvm

And just to add a sprinkle of salt to the wound you take away Poisonus Bite, the one thing that made JEPP+any other decent pistol a viable setup
    There's a lot of advs who would agree that FA was the wrong direction to go in the first place and stagnated the profession. The worry about poisonous bite is a little bit odd since with the nano document as it is and assuming no items change, the JEPP will still be the gun of choice between levels 80-210 (Sigh ).

Personally I'd be very happy to see the stagnant, go-nowhere JEPP repaced with something new and different, if it's on the cards. If AS (the new mechanic - whatever that will be for advs) is to be the new FA, so be it. Let's hope we get some nice pistol options to replace the stagnant hole that Full Auto put us into for the vast majority of the ranged ady's career.
    Last edited by Redesine; Feb 19th, 2011 at 03:27:43.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Advys aren't losing Acro in wolf form, in fact that's where it's strongest.
    Aye I missed that, makes wolf viable then.

Certainly though, you can't call a level of taunting that beats out Keepers balanced.
    I'll agree the AoE taunts are an odd addition, but I don't think I could ever justify calling any sort of taunt OP.. It's just a taunt.

You can't possibly justify a perception buff that large that's castable on others, and has a 4 hour duration.
    Advy has *always* had large friendly perception buffs. Taking them away would make putting your scopes on that much harder. 4h, 30min, not much difference other than convenience - which seems to be the trend lately.

There is no reason at all that Advys should get more conceal buffing than Shades.
    +1, don't really want it either. Unless there are changes in game mechanics I'm not aware of....

A nemesis nano that only hurts Agents and Shades, while everyone else laughs it off, is nonsensical.
    ?.. Why is that nonsensical?

Having a Treatment/First Aid buff as good as Doctors? What for?
    To compensate for lack of buffing population maybe? Who cares? Would you honestly rather spend 2x as long trying to find buffs for your twink? What does it possibly hurt?

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast