Thread: Adventurer Nano Documentation

Didn't like many of the changes

Say goodbye to tl4-5 advies.
    Detachment: Mayhem (OTC)

Coolx ( 220/30 ) Opifex Agent
    Evildaemon ( 220/30 ) Opifex Meta-physicist
    Criminal ( 220/30 ) Atrox Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    None of these heals is available in tank mode. Not one.

Single target heals hit twice in heal mode +20% heal modifier.

Can only use emergency heals, though every 30s. And no evades buffs (aura is gone).

There is no DMS buff on wolf.

Nope.

AS will be very different, though.

Which are going to be changed for advies.
    Thank you for saying it, lol. {removed by Anarrina: unnecessary}

Anyway, ++ to the SCORPION OF ULTRA DAMAGE!!
    Last edited by Anarrina; Feb 19th, 2011 at 04:49:22.

May I suggest an enigma model for healer morph? The floaty one Medusa would be good too. (Though they're not really animals)

For tank... difficult one since tanks are generally big. So it would need to be something that looks bulky but isn't too large. Heckler or Horror, maybe? Or the RK versions at least. But then again, heckler animation would be weird - how it balls up when it isn't moving.... I can see the problem...
    Last edited by Redesine; Feb 18th, 2011 at 21:22:52.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

In my opinion the evasive morph should be the cat, the damage morph should be the scorpion and the healing morph should be the wolf.

- Cats are very agile and suit evasion better.

- Scorpion being damage seems logic as well: 2 gasping claws and a deadly tail... (and I don't see a scorpion evade a lot or heal somebody ).

- Wolfs/dogs I don't see them as very evasive to be honest. They are social animals and they have some ability to care (think Jungle Book). While animals never perfectly suit a healing role, I do believe wolf is best suited for this.

I do realize these changes might be confusing to some that are used to the morphs, but the difference with current situation probably is big enough: you'll have to adapt to what morph doing what anyway.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    It's pretty common that tank has a low mobility. If anything, it should have a snare attached to it.
    Yeah, I'll give you that one.

maybe there should be a lemming morph so all the t5 advies can jump off a cliff together.

"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff."
    Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

OK, that works to some point, but... What stops advie to cancel cat/wolf and swap to tank mode, then back to cat/wolf, when he uses all the benefits of the tank mode?
    What benefits from tank mode would they get from swapping back and forth?

"Tank add"
    "Be DD"
    "OMFG HEALS PLZ!"

They can do 1 of these every 15s but not all of them, and not a combination of them, unless they go sans morph.

My only complaint is that the morphs don't require more nano to cast, because honestly I'd think changing your complete physical form would use a hell of a lot of nanobots.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Tank morph = Hecklor plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Root and Snare Resist
    Does not stack with Keeper aura
    Which one has higher stack-order?

Edit: Nvm. Seems I forgot keeper auras are team-only.
    Last edited by Flipyap; Feb 18th, 2011 at 21:36:06. Reason: Answered myself

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    May I suggest an enigma model for healer morph? The floaty one Medusa would be good too. (Though they're not really animals)

For tank... difficult one since tanks are generally big. So it would need to be something that looks bulky but isn't too large. Heckler or Horror, maybe? Or the RK versions at least. But then again, heckler animation would be weird - how it balls up when it isn't moving.... I can see the problem...
    Malahs and Kolaanas were on the tops of the list for the healing form, but we'll see as we get closer down the line - Honestly I kinda hate using 'humanoid'-looking mobs because it just doesn't seem to fit as well with the Adventurer 'theme' to me, I guess.

Same thing with the tank form - We thought about hecklers (and honestly i still think it was the best idea we had XD), but as you said the natural 'resting' pose is a definite issue and we'd really have to create the mesh and animations sets from scratch; definitely not an easy or feasible feat. Current top-runner for the tank form is the 'minotaur'-esque catacomb mob (these guys: http://static.ao-universe.com/websit.../223/arawn.jpg), but we'll see where we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    In my opinion the evasive morph should be the cat, the damage morph should be the scorpion and the healing morph should be the wolf.

- Cats are very agile and suit evasion better.

- Scorpion being damage seems logic as well: 2 gasping claws and a deadly tail... (and I don't see a scorpion evade a lot or heal somebody ).

- Wolfs/dogs I don't see them as very evasive to be honest. They are social animals and they have some ability to care (think Jungle Book). While animals never perfectly suit a healing role, I do believe wolf is best suited for this.

I do realize these changes might be confusing to some that are used to the morphs, but the difference with current situation probably is big enough: you'll have to adapt to what morph doing what anyway.
    I agree with this and we talked about pretty much exactly what you've posted, but we decided at the end of the day that switching it up too much just leads to unnecessary confusion that might make the changeover more difficult for people to grasp when it comes time. This is one of those "it shoulda been that way from the start" sort of things, but now ten years down the road people are just kinda used to wolf being the more 'defensive' morph line, so we decided to keep it that way out of familiarity.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Note that the Tank morph reflects over-write other reflection buffs, so switching to Tank isn't something an Adv would do casually if he were relying on reflect grafts for baseline reflects. Losing all nano-based healing is no small sacrifice either. Tank morph to me looks like something that would almost exclusively be used when in a team that needed a tank - which is I'm pretty sure it's basic intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    What benefits from tank mode would they get from swapping back and forth?
    When you have your insta-heal/complete heal on cooldown, your acro perks used up, you switch to tank mode, cast that mini-tms, use fully operational bioshielding, swap to cat...

My only complaint is that the morphs don't require more nano to cast, because honestly I'd think changing your complete physical form would use a hell of a lot of nanobots.
    Makes sense, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Same thing with the tank form - We thought about hecklers (and honestly i still think it was the best idea we had XD), but as you said the natural 'resting' pose is a definite issue and we'd really have to create the mesh and animations sets from scratch; definitely not an easy or feasible feat.
    Why not use horror mesh instead?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Funcom employee

Why not use horror mesh instead?
    It was pretty much tied with the minotaur mesh for what we were thinking about using - I just personally prefer the minotaur mob myself (genele's a fan of the horror mesh). Either way, we'd still need to get the animations completed for either mob.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

OK, that works to some point, but... What stops advie to cancel cat/wolf and swap to tank mode, then back to cat/wolf, when he uses all the benefits of the tank mode?

Just curious.
    Nothing does, but it's worth mentioning that a good PVPer probably wouldn't blow their wad in such a way anyways. The new approach leaves alot more vulnerabilities in the advy defensive palette. Is it enough to have an impact? It's more and that's better than it was and I don't really think it matters anyways. In case people haven't figured it out by now, this new scheme isn't about making everyone on equal footing.
    Last edited by Obtena; Feb 18th, 2011 at 21:54:54.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Malahs and Kolaanas were on the tops of the list for the healing form, but we'll see as we get closer down the line - Honestly I kinda hate using 'humanoid'-looking mobs because it just doesn't seem to fit as well with the Adventurer 'theme' to me, I guess.

Same thing with the tank form - We thought about hecklers (and honestly i still think it was the best idea we had XD), but as you said the natural 'resting' pose is a definite issue and we'd really have to create the mesh and animations sets from scratch; definitely not an easy or feasible feat. Current top-runner for the tank form is the 'minotaur'-esque catacomb mob (these guys: http://static.ao-universe.com/websit.../223/arawn.jpg), but we'll see where we go.
    Nice

Totally in agreement about humanoid mobs aswell. Though it could be that the nano program contains the lore from X culture.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Looking right FC.

so the forms should be:
    cat = DD
    Horror = new tank
    shadowleet = new conceal
    Rafter = new heal
    doggie = evade. Doggie kinda sux tbh, but dunno what sl mob it could be swapped with.
    Hai-tempterus/omni version = new birdy, please make it attackable, with enormous dissadvantages.
    * It would actually be nice if omni/clan had their unred/red morphs?!..
    Last edited by badorde; Feb 18th, 2011 at 21:48:53.

So, Soldiers get nerfed, Enfs get nerfed, Docs get nerfed and advs.... dont.

I assume this is because the aforementioned profs were all so OP compared to advs.

Seriously, in comparison to the previous docs this shows a great deal more time spent on it and either a lack of comprehension about balance or a continued favouriteism towards adventurers.

My only consolation is that I have 2 advs, so I could at least continue playing those for a while when I am p****d off with the nerfs to all the other profs, if and when this "rebalancing" ever goes live..... sadly that would get dull way too fast.

Rebalancing will have no credibility at all, if it leaves one of the 2 OP profs no worse off while screwing over many other weaker profs.

And all the signs so far suggest to me that the other OP prof isnt going to be any worse off either.
    stuff

^^ That's a bad assumption on your part for what re-balancing actually meant.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    ^^ That's a bad assumption on your part for what re-balancing actually meant.
    No its an assumption based on the minimal information FC have given us in regard to what this rebalancing is supposed to achieve.

However, if you have been provided with a greater insight than the rest of us please feel free to share it.
    stuff

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast